• Welcome to SC4 Devotion Forum Archives.

NAM 31 Central Bug Tracker Thread

Started by MandelSoft, March 02, 2013, 07:24:51 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

smf_16

I don't really think this is a bug, but rather that I'm missing a texture. Don't know which one though:

It's elevated rail by the way.

jcluvzgamez

I will take a burger and NAM. Yes I would like RHW with that. Oh and NWM with SAM topping for dessert.

samerton

Quote from: jcluvzgamez on March 02, 2013, 09:12:19 AM
The L-0 to L-2 FLEXTransition is VERY broken.

http://i.imgur.com/Twj0vC4.png

Yes, it seems pretty much all FlexTransitions between L0-L2 (including on-slope pieces) aren't functioning correctly.

art128

Huehuehue

I do not have a street side mod installed which use Simfox's Chestnuts.

So yeah, using ML's SAM10 it gives me SF chestnuts as a streetside instead of CP's Cherry.

But the strange thing is, it does that only on some already developed areas.

For instance, here is the previous area without the zones:

another developed area, Simfox trees....

And even more strange, on a fresh new area here is what I've got:

Using SAM9 override again it should look like this:

If anyone can help me, I can't play with this bug.
I'll take a quiet life... A handshake of carbon monoxide.

Props & Texture Catalog

jcluvzgamez

Found another one... http://i.imgur.com/Hs7UrrM.jpg

I can drag a road, street, and a OWR under a L-2 RHW-10S no prob. BUT, if I try to drag a Maxis AVE under it, it badly screws up the override.
I will take a burger and NAM. Yes I would like RHW with that. Oh and NWM with SAM topping for dessert.

arl85

also, I cannot find "fillers" in Highways menu.

Kitsune

am I blind or is the road l0 to l1 transition missing?
~ NAM Team Member

itsacoaster

Hello, I'm having some trouble with L1 RHW-8S.  No matter how much I click and drag in various ways there are still override problems.
L2 seems to work fine, though.
Edit: This problem is caused just by dragging from the L1 starter piece, no other trickery.

samerton

Quote from: arl85 on March 02, 2013, 09:24:48 AM
also, I cannot find "fillers" in Highways menu.
Fillers are not included in the current release due to too many bugs found. They will hopefully return in a future update, however.

Quote from: Kitsune on March 02, 2013, 09:25:31 AM
am I blind or is the road l0 to l1 transition missing?
The only Road L0 to L1 transitions are the On-Slope pieces.

mike3775

Quote from: jcluvzgamez on March 02, 2013, 09:23:52 AM

I can drag a road, street, and a OWR under a L-2 RHW-10S no prob. BUT, if I try to drag a Maxis AVE under it, it badly screws up the override.

Had same issue.

Swordmaster

Quote from: mike3775 on March 02, 2013, 09:31:37 AM
Quote from: jcluvzgamez on March 02, 2013, 09:23:52 AM

Had same issue.

It's perfectly stable for me.

Cheers
Willy

jcluvzgamez

Found another one: http://i.imgur.com/tCbHnf2.png

MIS can no longer connect to the OWR roundabouts.  ()sad()

Moonraker0

Other than the L0 to L2 Flex Transition issue (with RHW-4) that others have mentioned, I am also having an issue with a lack of pylons/supports under DDRHW-4, as shown here.  I removed my only remaining RHW-affecting T21 mod (ERHW Additional Streetlights), but it didn't fix the issue.  Looking back in the readme, it also has a typo where it says that DDRHW-4 is MHW-based, and in game, it still says it is rail-based because of capacity, when it's apparently only supposed to be RHW-based now.

Also, thank you all for working on the new NAM.  I thoroughly look forward to using all of its new features.

Edit:  Typo is in the FAQ in the RHW user's manual, section 12.3.2.

Haljackey

One thing I would suggest is to remove all your plugins except the NAM... A top priority is to solve any core bugs first, then plugin compatibility and other issues.

Thanks for your help guys! :)

Swordmaster

No, it's correct, there's no pylon support for the RHW-based DDRHW-4.

Cheers
Willy

itsacoaster

Quote from: itsacoaster on March 02, 2013, 09:26:19 AM
Hello, I'm having some trouble with L1 RHW-8S.  No matter how much I click and drag in various ways there are still override problems.
Edit: This problem is caused just by dragging from the L1 starter piece, no other trickery.

I just wanted to update this and say I got this to work--only barely.  I had to click every other tile in one direction to extend the override 2 tiles at a time.

itsacoaster

While on the subject of the 8S....
The L1 to L2 flex transition is borked.  As you can see, either side of the transition is the right height, but the transition itself is not.
The 10S is closer, but no cigar.  :(
I am pretty sure I did it right... I've watched that secret weapon vid a half dozen times.
I hope these screenshots are helpful and not just cluttering the thread...  :-[

Swordmaster

Quote from: itsacoaster on March 02, 2013, 10:09:39 AM
Quote from: itsacoaster on March 02, 2013, 09:26:19 AM

I just wanted to update this and say I got this to work--only barely.  I had to click every other tile in one direction to extend the override 2 tiles at a time.

There's a trick to get the override going. Plop a L1 8S starter and drag a L0 RHW-2 right in front of it, so as to intersect. Drag the 8S over the RHW-2. Now drag out the 8S in the other direction for a good couple tiles. Then delete the starter piece and the RHW-2 part. Now you should have a stable RHW-8S.

Cheers
Willy

Patricius Maximus

Now, most of the stuff in NAM 31 is working well, but I'd like to report on the L0-L2 Flex Transition bug. This is just a mess:

However, not all of the transitions are broken. This transition works just fine:

samerton

Quote from: Patricius Maximus on March 02, 2013, 10:30:20 AM
Now, most of the stuff in NAM 31 is working well, but I'd like to report on the L0-L2 Flex Transition bug. This is just a mess:

*snip*

However, not all of the transitions are broken. This transition works just fine:

*snip*

It's known that the L2 FLEX transitions are in bad shape (you can occasionally get them working), however all of the the L1 transitions should work fine :)