• Welcome to SC4 Devotion Forum Archives.

Help With Workforce Percentages

Started by slim571, February 21, 2017, 03:30:22 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

slim571

So, after having built my spreadsheet and taking a look at the numbers, it's apparent that I flat out don't have the right sims for my available jobs. I'm currently filling in the massive gulf in R$$$ jobs I had (on the order of 15,000 or so needed region wide), and fixing the R$-R$$ situations.

I have two questions remaining, however:

1) My calculations show that I should have positive demand for CS and CO at all wealth levels, yet my demand graph has them all slightly negative. This may be a commute time issue, but I'm not sure how to nail that down.

2) It appears that I have a workforce percentage region wide of 66.00%! My understanding is that with a life expectancy of 100, the workforce is 60%, and my average LE for the region is 82 (highest in single city of 88). I'm not sure how this is possible, unless some of my commuters are accounted in the Census Repository data.

I'm using numbers pulled from the Census Repository ingame, and the Region Tracking Mod/Viewer, and I can post screen-grabs if that would help. I appreciate any input!