• Welcome to SC4 Devotion Forum Archives.

The Greater Terran Region

Started by Haljackey, December 28, 2007, 01:38:46 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

nerdly_dood

I'd love to see what happens with the rest of the area - that stack surely gave it a decent start. Great video, too.
My days here are numbered. It's been great and I've had a lot of fun, but I've moved on to bigger and better things.
—   EGO  VOBIS  VADELICO   —
Glory be unto the modder and unto the fun and unto the city game!

Nexis4Jersey

Nifty Interchanges you built there!  :thumbsup:

bat

That's a great interchange! And the traffic view of your region looks wonderful! Nice work! :thumbsup:

Battlecat

Fantastic region!  You've put a great deal of effort into this, and it shows.  The interchange in you last update looks great, I'm looking forward to seeing how it integrates into the rest of your region. 

LE0

Ive always loved the stack interchange and thats a really nice use of it! ;)
Leoland coming Spring 2009

Haljackey

Replies:

Simpson:  Hey, thanks a lot!  Glad you liked the video too!

wes.janson:  Thanks!  Warrior made them for me, so I would ask him about it.  :P

deathtopumpkins:  Well not sure what's going on there, sorry!  Glad you liked the stack!
-I don't build a lot of sunken highways, but the ones do make are designed with this interchange type in mind.

nerdly_dood:  Indeed it did.  Development will come, that's for sure!  ;)

Nexis4Jersey:  Thanks a lot!

bat:  Thanks bat!  Glad you like the interchange and the traffic view!

Battlecat:  Thank you very much!  I'm sure it will feel right at home!  :P

LE0:  Me too!  Thanks for the comment!

Update time!

Sorry for the hiatus between updates everyone.  RL has been keeping me busy, and so has Simtropolis!  I've been doing various testing with the GTR to see how ST 6.0 will affect it, and how to get rid of the dreaded page flip bug that I'm sure everyone knows about.
-On top of that, you know that there's been a new NAM released, and the game that's responsible for my avatar (Earth & Beyond) is back up for a stress test so I've been busy over there.

Nevertheless, I have a new update in store for you from all over the GTR.  I also have a new region view for those who were wanting to see how the region has developed since the last region view was posted (update 100).  Enjoy!

Pictures
Click the images for full resolution! (1920x1200.) See my picture information section on the first update of this page for more info.

Here we see one of the first RHW-6Cs in the GTR.  It was made before RHW 3.0 ever became public, and is due for some upgrades before development occurs around it.

A new barrier has been installed along with high mast lighting.  A sound wall is also being constructed along either side of the highway.

The Witburg station parking lot.  As the city grows, the more use this huge transportation hub gets.  Parking is starting to become an issue.

...So planners designed an ingenious way to expand capacity before parking gets worse.  By going underground, you can greatly increase capacity without taking up any extra real estate.

The Witburg Gateway.

A old photo of a partial highway interchange.
-Sorry, this image is not available in full resolution.

...And here it is upgraded!  No more road stubs! 
-This is also the first FLUP to be installed in the GTR!

An old RHW comes close to the tarmac at Crossings International Airport.  Integration of the A380s is making the region cry out loud for a new airport as the terminal gets more over capacity every day.

Updated Region and Transport View.

Click the thumbnails for full size!

Region view:

Transport view:

Disclaimers:  The RHW network does not appear on transport view, and those long black lines are a bug caused by running SC4 at such a high resolution.

Anyways I hope you enjoyed the new update!  Keep an eye out for developments in the GTR for the next little bit!

Best,
-Haljackey

Battlecat

Nice update.  I like the details on the highways there.  To bad about the troubles with your region view, but still looks like a cool area. 

deathtopumpkins

Wow, I'd forgotten how much better the RHW-6C looks with the new barriers :P

Neat idea with the big dig tunnels... simulating an underground parking garage.

And I'd change that RHW if I were you... looks pretty unsafe!  :o
NAM Team Member | 3RR Collaborater | Virgin Shores

bat

Wonderful update! And great pictures of your wonderful highways! :thumbsup:

Nexis4Jersey

wow your region is still growing, &apls booming every update , i'm getting jealous  :-[

LE0

Leoland coming Spring 2009

Sciurus

Impressive region overviews! &apls
But I see you've got problems on your city borders &mmm

Guillaume :thumbsup:
L'atelier d'architecture
* * * * * Longwy * * * * *

io_bg

Another great update! &apls :thumbsup:
Quote from: LE0 on March 14, 2009, 07:43:47 AM
Where is the old road in the middle from?
I think it's a custom lot which is transit enabled for road.
Visit my MD, The region of Pirgos!
Last updated: 28 November

Haljackey

Replies:

Battlecat:  Thanks a lot!  Its a known glitch, but its not that bad.

deathtopumpkins:  Hehe, doesn't it look better?  Thanks for the comments!

bat:  Hey, thanks a lot!

Nexis4Jersey: Indeed it is. Thanks!

LE0:  Yes it is part of that building.  It's just TEd.

Sciurus:  Hey, thanks a lot!   Its a known glitch, but its not that bad.

io_bg:  Thank you very much!

Update time!

I have a special region view to show you this time around.  It shows long term plans for the entire GTR, and the confirmed location of its new airport.

I also see something coming over the horizon....

Long term planning

Click the thumbnail for full size!

A legend is included to the left of the region in the picture.

Disclaimer:  Those long black lines are a bug caused by running SC4 at such a high resolution.

That's it for now.  I hope you enjoyed the update!

Best,
-Haljackey

Blue Lightning

Oooh, planned giant airport. Me want to see it when it is finished :P
Anyway, it seems you're going to save part of the enviroment. I support that movement!

Can't wait,
Vince
Also known as Wahrheit

Occasionally lurks.

RHW Project

nerdly_dood

I'd also like to see what happens with that big airport, and of course i'd love to see all your new interchanges and highways. :thumbsup:
My days here are numbered. It's been great and I've had a lot of fun, but I've moved on to bigger and better things.

mightygoose

I love the monster RHW interchanges in the middle of the region.  :thumbsup:

It's good to see a firm future plan in your head, it means you know what you need to work on next.

it all looks groovy... cant wait to see that airport...
NAM + CAM + RAM + SAM, that's how I roll....

Haljackey

Announcement:

If you didn't already know, Simtropolis has upgraded 6.0!  Have you noticed that there is now a separate City Journal section from the forums? If you haven't seen it yet, go have yourself a look!

GTR 2.0 has begun! You can find it here.

For the time being, GTR 2.0 is more of an experiment than anything, so updates will continue here at SC4D.  As results from the testing pour in, I will use it to better improve this city showcase.  There's two useful links that those who view the GTR at SC4D should definitely check out:
-New and improved table of contents
-Statistics, History, and Other Information

In GTR 2.0, you can comment on whichever update you like, rate other people's comments, and even rate the city journal as a whole. There is a subscribe feature as well (not sure how that works yet), but its worth checking out.

Anyways, I hope you enjoy browsing GTR 2.0!  I'll be back with a new update soon!

Best,
-Haljackey

nerdly_dood

I'm liking the new CJ section at ST but i'm more active here so i'll probably be seeing GTR here mostly. The ST CJ section is better for searching for older updates but I only usually look at the latest one so that isn't quite as much of a priority to me.

Haljackey

Replies:

Blue Lightning:  Yep, its planned!  So do I, but its a long road ahead!
-Nature always comes first!  Thanks a lot!

nerdly_dood:  And so would I.  We gotta have those as well.  :P

mightygoose:  Long time no post Goose!  Glad you like the plans!  I can't wait either!

nerdly_dood (2):  Well that's fine.  Just check it out wherever you feel most confortable.  We are all getting used to the new CJ section.

Update time!

Well I haven't played SC4 for about 2 weeks.  (Been busy with some other stuff.)  Nevertheless, I have a new update in store for you!  It will map and breakdown the city of Terran Settlement into three different models: props, buildings and zones.  I hope you like it!

Pictures
-Sorry, these images are not available in full resolution.

Concentric model of props.
-Can you see how it maps out the city tile?

Buildings

Zones
-Pink zones can be plops, government buildings, landmarks, transit enabled lots, etc.
-Purple zones can be parks, eyecandy, utilities, transit, etc.

Rather interesting eh?  It helps out for those of you who want to see how I design my cities in the GTR.

Best,
-Haljackey