• Welcome to SC4 Devotion Forum Archives.

The Greater Terran Region

Started by Haljackey, December 28, 2007, 01:38:46 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

sim-al2

(\_/)
(o.O)
(")_(")

nerdly_dood

How exactly would one go about obtaining a ticket for this egtravaganza? ;D
EDIT: And guess which one I voted for? I guess that goes without saying. ;)

My days here are numbered. It's been great and I've had a lot of fun, but I've moved on to bigger and better things.
—   EGO  VOBIS  VADELICO   —
Glory be unto the modder and unto the fun and unto the city game!

un1

I'll buy one! ;D

How much?

(Let me guess, is this enough?  $%Grinno$%

)

I shall be waiting for the 100th!

-un1

deathtopumpkins

Hmmm... how much will those tickets cost? I don't think I can go any higher than US$0.00 right now...  %wrd  :D

I'll be here!
NAM Team Member | 3RR Collaborater | Virgin Shores

metarvo

Image from http://www.insidesocal.com/bargain/TenDollarBill.jpg.

I'll raise you $10, dtp.  :D

I hope it's enough to get a ticket, though.
Find my power line BAT thread here.
Check out the Noro Cooperative.  What are you waiting for?  It even has electricity.
Want more? Try here.  For even more electrical goodies, look here.
Here are some rural power lines.

Haljackey

Replies:

Tarkus:  Well, just a few extra unused tiles :P.  Thanks for the comment, and I really hope you enjoy the big one!

Simpson:  Thank you very much!  I hope you will like the big one!

deathtopumpkins:  You betcha, its going to be huge!  Glad you enjoyed it, and I hope you like the big one just as much or even better!

Simpson (2):  Thanks!  Glad you enjoyed the video!

art128:  Thank you very much!  I hope you enjoy the big one as well!

Sheep49:  Yeah, the music in that vid isn't quite like the music in the others.  Sorry about that!  I hope you enjoy the big one as well!

mrtnrln:  Thank you very much!  I hope you stop by to enjoy the big one  as well!

sithlrd98:  That's okay, its not like I'm going to take an update down after a certain period of time :P.  I hope you can stop by to view the big one!

burgsabre87:  Hey, thanks a lot!  No problem!  I hope you will enjoy the big one!

Earth quake:  Thanks a lot!  Glad you enjoyed it!  I certainly hope you will like the big one too!

metarvo:  Thanks! the big one will have a video in it as well.

M4346:  Thanks a lot!  Glad you are enjoying the GTR!  I hope you can stop by to view the big one!

sim-al2:  What plugin?  This one:  http://www.simtropolis.com/stex/index.cfm?id=20644  (its been locked, thank goodness.)

nerdly_dood:  lol!  Thanks for the comment!  I really hope you like the big one!

un1:  Who said anything about a ticket price?  I'll take that $20 from ya if you want though :P

deathtopumpkins (2):  $0.00 is enough, you got yourself a ticket!

metarvo:  Hehe, $10 US is worth a lot here in Canada nowadays (the Canadian dollar is falling in value).

Its the GTR's Biggest Update Extravaganza!

When I started the GTR nearly one year ago, I had absolutely no clue that it would ever reach this many updates.  It probably would not have if it wasn't for the tremendous support you have given me since update 1, and I want to thank you all for what you have done here.

What better way to say thank-you than making the GTR's biggest update ever?  Here's a list of what's to be included:

1.  Updated region view and transport view.
2.  Statistics.
3.  15 never before seen photos.
4.  A huge mosaic showing a newly reconstructed RHW.
5.  A new video!

That enough for ya?  Enjoy!

Part 1:  Updated Region and Transport View.

Region view:

Transport view:

Disclaimers:  The RHW network does not appear on transport view, and those long black lines are a bug caused by running SC4 at such a high resolution.

Part 2: Statistics.

Residential:  16,432,425
Commercial:  10,995,489
Industrial:  1,251,481

The BSC Census Repository for Terran Settlement, also showing some stats for the entire GTR:

Part 3: Pictures.
Click on the images for full resolution!  (1920x1200)

Looking at the centre of the Station Interchange in Witburg.

A new tourist area is being built.

MIS acts as a transfer lane in this newly upgraded interchange:

Constructing a new interchange with a multi-highway.

A more centralized look at the interchange.

The large bullet train junction is being put to good use.
(I really wish there were textures for the double-height puzzle pieces :P)

Some heavy bullet lines are being built in the outskirts of town before development.

An additional lane has been added to this avenue to allow for safe pick ups/drop offs at the station without disrupting traffic flow.

A 2+1 road on the other side of the station has been constructed for a similar purpose.

Looking at a new residential development in Terran Settlement.
-I'm not sure why so many of the same buildings were built, but the skyline will change with time.

Due to the "dense-ness" of this area, traffic lights have actually been built into buildings.  :P

A small fire in this area caused damage to the vegetation.  The city ruled that the affected trees be cut down and new ones planted.

But not all the forests were affected, such as this densely forested area near a raised interchange.

A closeup of an elevated highway shows a collision.

A look at the newly reconstructed RHW displayed in the last update. 

Part 4: Mosaic.

This is a rather large mosaic showing the reconstructed RHW I mentioned in update 99 and then some.

This mosaic is big, so it might take some time to load if it hasn't already.

This is my first "real" mosaic I ever posted.  Any good?

Part 5: Video.

This is the first video to showcase the city of Witburg.  Follow the link provided for high quality.

A Youtube video box should appear below.  If you can't see it or are having problems, follow the link below it.  Oh, and make sure you turn up your speakers!

http://www.youtube.com/v/QiDA9oGClO4

-For high quality, follow the link and select the "watch in high quality" tab to the lower right of the video box.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QiDA9oGClO4

That concludes update the big one.  I hope it was worth the wait! 

Best,
-Haljackey

un1

IT'S UP!  :o :o

Very very very... nice update Hal! Beautiful mosiac. ;D
Nice pictures, and the GTR has grown 2 million since the last time I heard.
Amazing video.  &apls

-un1

io_bg

Visit my MD, The region of Pirgos!
Last updated: 28 November

Heblem

Excellent work in that video, pictures and mosaic! thats a splendid update and of course, special

It weird that black lines in your region view, its only because is on high resolution? thats odd

Jonathan

As I said on MSN, Amazing :thumbsup:

Loads of pictures, and all of them are very good! The video and mosaic are awesome &apls &apls

Congratulations on 100 updates. And definatley: Here's to another 100! (if not more) ;)

Jonathan

deathtopumpkins

Yay! numero 100!

Nice region views, and that's a lot of people!  :o

Are the little numbers in the top left corner of the pics new?  ???

I love the NWM stuff, as well as those highway interchanges and the RHW stuff.

And that mosaic is awesome! I love that stretch of RHW... :D

Lastly, that was a very good video. Bravo. I think my favorite part was the GLR-in-Ave portion.

&apls Here's to 100 more!
NAM Team Member | 3RR Collaborater | Virgin Shores

metarvo

Teasing, yet pleasing! ;D  So, you're teasing us with the NWM and with RHW 3.0 now, aren't you?  It looks spectacular, Hal.  #100 was definitely worth the wait for me.  The video was really something to see. :)

&apls
Find my power line BAT thread here.
Check out the Noro Cooperative.  What are you waiting for?  It even has electricity.
Want more? Try here.  For even more electrical goodies, look here.
Here are some rural power lines.

Tarkus

Hal, you pulled out all the stops here . . . just absolutely fantastic update, I must say.  The tourist area is looking nice, and what can I say about those interchanges?  I love the way you utilized the new MIS Y-Splitters there . . . reminds me I need to fix that one pixel offset deal on them. :D  I'm also glad to see someone playing around with the OWR-3 and the ARD-3 . . . they fit in very nicely.  The RHW-8 interchange there is also just plain awesome.

The mosaic and video are epic, too.  Looks like you used just about every new feature of Version 3.0 in the mosaic  :D--and as I said over MSN, the lyrics on the soundtrack line up very well with the video in a couple of spots.  Uncanny coincidences are fun. ;)

Looking forward to seeing what #101 and beyond brings . . .

-Alex (Tarkus)

dedgren

Yeah, I'm a fan!

Here's to 100 more just about sums it up for me.

...and a hundred more after that...

...and a hundred more after that...

Works for me, Hal!  Great stuff here.

David
D. Edgren

Please call me David...

Three Rivers Region- A collaborative development of the SC4 community
The 3RR Quick Finder [linkie]

I aten't dead.  —  R.I.P. Granny Weatherwax

Fresh Prince of SC4D

Beautiful........ :'( 100 updates, Congratulations! But you're so lucky! PRE-RELEASE RHW AND NWM? People liiiiiiiiiiiike
you , haljackey! What next, somebody gave FARR? I'm have envy for you!

I did'nt come to gripe! I wish for more GTR! Again, Congratulations!

EDIT-Question, on your mosiac, what is the silver-greyish buildings next your RHW?

Returning from Call of Duty . Must rebuilt what I destroyed....

Pat

Hey Hal great 100th update here and heres to 100 more!!! I loved the video and the mosiac great stuff indeed here sir....  :thumbsup:

Don't forget the SC4D Podcast is back and live on Saturdays @ 12 noon CST!! -- The Podcast soon to Return Here Linkie

nerdly_dood

You sure did make a huge 100th update! 'Specially with you showing off your NWM and RHW alphas...  ;D
My days here are numbered. It's been great and I've had a lot of fun, but I've moved on to bigger and better things.
—   EGO  VOBIS  VADELICO   —
Glory be unto the modder and unto the fun and unto the city game!

papab2000

Congratulations on your 100th update.  &apls Region looks great  :thumbsup:

Berethor ♦ beskhu3epnm ♦ blade2k5 ♦ dmscopio ♦ dedgren
♦ Emilin ♦ Ennedi ♦ Heblem ♦ jplumbley ♦ moganite ♦ M4346 ♦
papab2000 ♦ Shadow Assassin ♦ Tarkus ♦ wouanagaine
Visit my mapping thread: linkie
Post pic's of your NHP Mapped Regions linkie

CasperVg

I like it, good going here! I can't wait to see more, after this excellent 100th update.
Follow my SimCity 4 Let's play on YouTube

JoeST

That is pretty epic, fantastic stuff there :) cant wait for the next 100

Joe
Copperminds and Cuddleswarms