• Welcome to SC4 Devotion Forum Archives.

The Greater Terran Region

Started by Haljackey, December 28, 2007, 01:38:46 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

sithlrd98

Sorry I missed the last 2 updates Hal...I gotta say , I don't think anyone in this area would complain about not having enough choices for transportation...except those who want to walk or ride bikes on the sidewalks. Eee ghads who in their right mind wants to do that anyway? Great updates....now bring on the tank!

Jayson

Haljackey

Replies:

JoeST:  Thanks a lot!  Glad you like the mosaic!

mrtnrln:  Yep, my first mosaic!  Thanks for the comments!

metarvo:  Thanks!  Of course it is efficient!  Everything in the GTR is functional!

art128:  Hey, thanks a lot!

deathtopumpkins:  Thanks! 
-Keep track of the Wiki article.  I am editing it as stuff is re-released.  So far, the train skins are back but the actual mod isn't.
Here's the link: http://www.wiki.sc4devotion.com/index.php/Bullet_Train_Mod

Dark_horse_spirit:  Really?  There are a lot larger cities than mine.  Most of the industry in the GTR is H-T.

nerdly_dood:  Flavor  ()what()?  Glad you like the new bullet train junction!

CommodoreTech:  Wow, thanks a ton!  I am studying urban planning/geography at the moment :P

sithlrd98:  lol you don't have to apologize, the updates will always be up!  Actually, many sims walk to work because they live close to their place of employment.  The exact opposite of suburbia!
-The Mayor is the only one allowed to drive a tank :P.

Update Time!

This update is a little all over the place, but will show you some development in the region and some nature pics.

Pictures
Click on the images for full resolution!  (1920x1200)

One of the GTR's older connecting highways.  Note how the area under the overpass has been resurfaced while the rest of the RHW is still old asphalt.  :P

A protected forest south of the city of Crossings.  You may consider this a "state park" or something.  I have plans to create a large state park/conservation area in the region.

A full zoom-out showing one of the undeveloped cities of the region. 

This island was completely hand-terraformed.

Only in the GTR... Fireworks and an erupting volcano  $%Grinno$%, the region's highest point.

One of the region's newer highways.  Note the RHW bridges, coming soon to a NAM near you!

The next version of the RHW (0.21) has found its way to the GTR too.  It will be essential for constructing a new RHW/RHW interchange.  The main overpass has already been completed.

New bike paths in the city of Crossings, the oldest developed city in the GTR.

A boarder crossing.  To the left lyes the GTR, Simnation to the east.  Note the difference between the highway's surface and slope.

A zoom-out showing the boarder.

I hope you enjoyed the update!  Quite different than the normal ones eh?  I try to keep things interesting.

Take care.

Best,
-Haljackey

sithlrd98

Stop teasing us with this "alleged" new NAM/RHW stuff! Just kidding.... Keep the pics coming so I can drool a little more (shirt still has some dry spots).
Oh , and I don't think that its fair that only the mayor can drive a tank !  ::)

Jayson

deathtopumpkins

Nice! Those are some pretty unique terrains, and I can't wait to see something built on them. Those two RHW shots are pretty impressive too, but below them, is that a Fractional Angle Avenue?  ()what()

Interesting border crossing there too. Though if I were you, I'd probably use a toll booth or something too.
NAM Team Member | 3RR Collaborater | Virgin Shores

nerdly_dood

Nice update - I'd like to see what you can come up with sing the RHW v.21 alpha...

@ DTP: I think that's from one of the WTC lots on the LEX. Not sure, though.
My days here are numbered. It's been great and I've had a lot of fun, but I've moved on to bigger and better things.
—   EGO  VOBIS  VADELICO   —
Glory be unto the modder and unto the fun and unto the city game!

metarvo

RHW's old and new come together to provide transportation throughout the masterpiece that is GTR.  However, I saw something...

(...sparks short out...)

Image from http://home.comcast.net/~rlaurio/TheSciences02b.html

Is that a FAA (Fractional Angle Avenue)?  How did you get it?  Is it a TE lot, or are you in on something  :D?  Either way, it's great stuff, Haljackey.
Find my power line BAT thread here.
Check out the Noro Cooperative.  What are you waiting for?  It even has electricity.
Want more? Try here.  For even more electrical goodies, look here.
Here are some rural power lines.

Simpson

Wow my friend
This is incredible, the RHW is fantastic
Super work my friend
My new city is now here
The région of Kaikoura

Teaser of Lopsas[+ How did I do it?]:Lopsas

MandelSoft

Something different, this time. It gives a good variation. I suggest you make more of these updates  ;)

Best,
Maarten
Lurk mode: ACTIVE

Pat

Hey Hal I enjoyed the fireworks for sure!!! great job here and I cant wait to see what you got coming up next with some new stuff!!!

Don't forget the SC4D Podcast is back and live on Saturdays @ 12 noon CST!! -- The Podcast soon to Return Here Linkie

art128

Wow ! that's a fantastic International border  &apls great work on that  :thumbsup:
hmm just a question, the angle avenue ( like said deathtopumpkins ) It's the FAR or a personal lot ?
looking forward to more !
Arthur
I'll take a quiet life... A handshake of carbon monoxide.

Props & Texture Catalog

Hamish

Well during Simtrops short spurts of being down I thought I might check out what is happening over here.

It seems like your Cj, or is it MD??, is chugging along nicely at SC4D.

Maybe not as popular as over at ST, but still going strong.
<center></center>

bat

Nice new update there!
And great work there on the nice overview of the island and other regions!
Great pictures, too! :thumbsup:

CommodoreTech

Again another stunning update. Great RHWs. Interesting SimNation border thing.
-Ben-

Haljackey

Replies:

sithlrd98:  Hehe... Thanks!  So what do you think, the mayor not allowed to ride tanks like the rest of the sims or all sims able to drive tanks?  :P

deathtopumpkins:  Hey, thanks a lot!  The "FAA-Fractional angle avenue" is actually a part of the WTC lot.

nerdly_dood:  Thanks!  You will see that in this update!

metarvo:  Thanks a lot!  The "FAA-Fractional angle avenue" is actually a part of the WTC lot.

Simpson:  Thank you so much!

mrtnrln:  Always something different!  I am glad you enjoyed it!

Pat:  Thanks a lot Pat!

art128:  Thank you!  The "FAA-Fractional angle avenue" is actually a part of the WTC lot.

Hamish:  Welcome to the GTR @ SC4D!  Its very similar to ST, just showing the folks @ SC4D that don't frequent the ST CJ section!

bat:  Hey, thanks a lot!

CommodoreTech:  Thanks!  Glad you like the border!

Update Time!

Happy Halloween everyone!   >:D

A monster has arrived to the GTR!  No, its not a ghoul or goblin, but a monstrous RHW network!  This update will show you a busy highway reconstructed with RHW 21, demonstrating how flexible the next version will be.  All the pics will be a GTR exclusive, you saw it here first!

Pictures
Click the images for full resolution! (1920x1200.) See my picture information section on the first update of this page for more info.

At the south end of the city, the highway transitions into a Multi-RHW-8.  Nothing new in this pic, except for the new textures.

The first major interchange along the Multi-RHW.

The last interchange on the Multi-RHW.  The highway used to narrow to a RHW-6 here.  But, look closely at the top right... It has been widened to a RHW-8!

A zoom-in of the transition.

The northbound RHW-8 splits into 2 continuing lanes and a 2 lane offramp.  Note the RHW-4/MIS transition here as well.

4 lanes one way, 2 another.  It may look a little weird to see twice as many lanes in one direction, but it was planned like this.  The width of the southbound lanes enable traffic to properly organize in preparation for the Multi-RHW-8 transition while the northbound lanes concentrate traffic heading towards a bridge.

A look at a reconstructed interchange south of the river.  Once a bottleneck, the road improvements should help handle congestion.

A central look at the overpass.

The formation of the southbound lanes.  2 lanes from the bridge + 2 lanes from a new local connection = 4 through lanes. 

A more centralized look at the Multi-RHW-8 to RHW-8 transition.  Its a monster!

Anyways, I hope you enjoyed this update!  The new RHW is full of new components, many of which you haven't even seen yet!

Best,
-Haljackey

JoeST

Copperminds and Cuddleswarms

sim-al2

Is that a RHW bridge? That's awesome Haljackey!
(\_/)
(o.O)
(")_(")

Pat

Hey Hal that is simply breath takingly wonderful work there!!!  :thumbsup:  I soooooooo cant wait to get all the new toys you have!!!

Don't forget the SC4D Podcast is back and live on Saturdays @ 12 noon CST!! -- The Podcast soon to Return Here Linkie

art128

wonderful work o that update my friend  &apls very great city  &apls :thumbsup:
I'll take a quiet life... A handshake of carbon monoxide.

Props & Texture Catalog

deathtopumpkins

Nice update! That is a monster RHW there...

one thing I noticed though, I thought v.21 had a texture for OWR-MIS?

I think my favorite shot from this update was the interchange right before the bridge!
NAM Team Member | 3RR Collaborater | Virgin Shores

metarvo

You saw it first in 3 GTR.  This is so good it had me thinking of somewhere else for a little while.
Find my power line BAT thread here.
Check out the Noro Cooperative.  What are you waiting for?  It even has electricity.
Want more? Try here.  For even more electrical goodies, look here.
Here are some rural power lines.