• Welcome to SC4 Devotion Forum Archives.

The Greater Terran Region

Started by Haljackey, December 28, 2007, 01:38:46 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

deathtopumpkins

Nice GLR-in-Ave system! It looks great!

And that bullet train cloverleaf's pretty neat too, along with the awkward angle interchange and the 3 transit lines. May I ask what heavy passenger rail skin you use? Nevermind, found it: http://www.simtropolis.com/stex/index.cfm?id=20386 I'm pretty sure.
NAM Team Member | 3RR Collaborater | Virgin Shores

pagenotfound

Thats some nice GLR you got there.
Im back baby! Everybody do the Bendah!

CasperVg

Very nice, the GLR-in-Ave looks great, it's something I always failed in using, so congrats! The new stadium looks well-placed as well.
Follow my SimCity 4 Let's play on YouTube

papab2000

Very nice update. The layout and roads look great.  :thumbsup: I will get there some day, I hope lol

Berethor ♦ beskhu3epnm ♦ blade2k5 ♦ dmscopio ♦ dedgren
♦ Emilin ♦ Ennedi ♦ Heblem ♦ jplumbley ♦ moganite ♦ M4346 ♦
papab2000 ♦ Shadow Assassin ♦ Tarkus ♦ wouanagaine
Visit my mapping thread: linkie
Post pic's of your NHP Mapped Regions linkie

b22rian

My favorite was the pic showing the 3 different trains all at one time !

great work as always Haljackey.. And thanks for going to the trouble to do all these pics,

showing the rest of us your great transit ideas..

Brian

Simpson

Great update my friend, the first pic is super  :thumbsup:
My new city is now here
The région of Kaikoura

Teaser of Lopsas[+ How did I do it?]:Lopsas

art128

Another amazing update my friend &apls I really like the concept of the El-rail interchange , great work on it !  :thumbsup: :thumbsup:
I'll take a quiet life... A handshake of carbon monoxide.

Props & Texture Catalog

bat

Fantastic new pictures there in that very nice update, Haljackey!
Great work on it, looking forward to the next one... ;)

MandelSoft

Lurk mode: ACTIVE

warconstruct

The grid systems and the city are always also impressive, congratulation my friend!!
Province of Acadia since 2020
Province of Zillerthal (2014)
Port Aux Captes (2009-2011)
Province of Trieste (2006-2010)
Since SC4D 2007-2022

Haljackey

Replies:

Fatsuhono:  Hey, thanks a lot!  Glad you enjoyed the update!

Tarkus:  Thanks!  Glad you like the use of GLR and the interchanges!  I try to break away from "the grid" whenever I can, because I think cities look better when they break away from the grid.

deathtopumpkins:  Thanks for your comments!  I am also happy you found the train skin you were looking for!

pagenotfound:  Thanks!  Glad you like the GLR!

caspervg:  Ya, GLR in ave can be difficult to use.  Thanks for your comments!

papab2000:  Thanks a lot for your comments!  I hope it inspires you!

b22rian:  That pic took a long time to take as I had to get them all in the same screen.  Glad you are enjoying all the pics and traisit!

Simpson:  Hey, thanks a lot!  Glad you liked the first pic!

art128:  Thanks!  Glad you liked the bullet train interchange!

bat:  Thanks a lot for all your comments!  I always enjoy reading them!

mrtnrln:  Thanks a lot!

warconstruct:  Thanks!  Glad you like the grid/nongrid systems!

Update Time!

This update is part 2 of 2 of the "developments in Witburg" showcase.  I hope you enjoy it!

Pictures
Click the images for full resolution! (1920x1200.) See my picture information section on the first update of this page for more info.

Looking at Witburg's CBD now.  You can barely see the roads below!

A closer look at a side of the massive bullet train junction.  Note the placement of the stations right before the junction.

Development around the elevated highway just north of the main station.  Still a few repeating buildings, yes, but I have a new plan designed on how to get rid of repeating buildings.

Mass transit lines west of the station.

Entering the CBD.  Note the el-rail over el-highway overpass.  Its very dense here.

A better look at the elevated highway bypass.

Overlooking the highway interchange.

Stadium parking lot and GLR-in-ave.

A close up of the uniquely-angled interchange.

I'll end this update with a close up of the main GLR-in ave connector.

Anyways, that does if for now.  More is to come!

Best,
-Haljackey

CasperVg

Great work with the GLR and the Parks/Bike Paths once again. The skyscrapers are, as usual, wonderful.

deathtopumpkins

Wow! That's really nice!
In that first picture I think I see an avenue intersection, a road, and an elevated highway.
Quick Question: What's up with the heavy rail textures? Is that sand?
I think my two favorite shots this update are the stadium parking lot and the last one.
NAM Team Member | 3RR Collaborater | Virgin Shores

Simpson

Hey Hal, nice new update
Great work, your city is super and I love the CBD and the RHW is incredible
My new city is now here
The région of Kaikoura

Sheep49

Great work with high volume train rails, Hal! I really like them.

Also great choice of skyscrapers! They look really nice all together. :thumbsup:
Polish support forum - Cafe Poland * SC4Wiki! * My BATting thread

I am he, as you are he, as you are me and we are all together... - I Am The Walrus, The Beatles

art128

I'll take a quiet life... A handshake of carbon monoxide.

Props & Texture Catalog

sithlrd98

Great update! I have yet to incorporate that many transit systems in any of my cities..(usually destroy them before I get that far)!

Jayson

Haljackey

Replies:

caspervg:  Hey, thanks a lot for all your comments!

deathtopumpkins:  Thanks!  yes you can see those! 
-Ya those are the rail textures that come with the sandstone mod.  I hate them.  But, I have found out how to fix them and they will will be replaced with better textures in the next update.

Simpson:  hehe... Thanks!  What RHW? it wasn't in this update  :P?

Sheep49:  Thanks!  I hope you enjoy this update!

art128:  Thank you very much!

sithlrd98:  Thanks!  Transit integration is always a good thing!

Update Time!

A lot of new stuff:

The GTR is now in full throttle.  A lot of good stuff is going on in the region and I want to bring it all to you.

In the news, the GTR is the featured article in our very own SC4 Wiki!  The spotlight contains a large chunk of the article and I suggest if you want to read more head to the full article.

This update will focus on a new subway line opening in the western part of Terran Settlement.  The main artery in this area, a RHW with a 7 tile median was built to bypass the city long ago.  Now the city has creeped right up to the RHW, and it underwent extensive upgrades.  One of which is to put a subway line at ground level in the middle of the RHW's median.  This will both save money and will give commuters a little something more to see in their ride other than dark tunnels.  A GLR station is also being built near a overpass in the median of the RHW!

To further sweeten the pot, this update will also include a short video along with the pictures.  Enjoy!

Pictures
Click on the images for full resolution!  (1920x1200)

A shot of the RHW with the 7-tile median before GLR placement.  The overpass here will be rebuilt and a GLR station will be placed just north of the road.

The GLR line will turn into subway here where the wide median ends.

The GLR line emerges immediately after the large bullet train junction, the southern terminus of the RHW.  Note the slow speeds and signage for the northbound lanes.  Motorists entering the RHW should be or entering into the left lane as it merges with an exit, thus eliminating any possible weaving.

Because the underpasses below the RHW tunnel under the network, an overpass for the GLR line is built where it pops out in the median.

The GLR line rises briefly for the rail underpass in order to give enough clearance.

The new overpass and station, the only one in the RHW's median.

A typical shot of the GLR line and the upgraded RHW.

The northern terminus of the GLR line.  It joins the city's vast subway system at this point.

The first subway train to use the new line.

That's it for the pictures, but that's not it for the update!

Video

A ride down the new GLR-in-RHW line.
http://www.youtube.com/v/YYErtxkcXkk

-For high quality, follow the link and select the "watch in high quality" tab to the lower right of the video box.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YYErtxkcXkk

If you would like to view my other videos, new and old, you can find them in the new GTR youtube playlist:
http://www.youtube.com/view_play_list?p=171E92A82C525152

Anyways I hope you enjoyed the update!

Oh, and for those of you asking about my awkward rail textures, they will be fixed in the next update.

Best,
-Haljackey

CasperVg

Very nice update once again, the GLR in the RHW-Median is an intruiging concept. The video was fun to watch as well.

Simpson

Very fine update my friend, the vidéo is looking super :thumbsup:
And also I'm looking forward to the next update  :thumbsup:

David  ::)
My new city is now here
The région of Kaikoura