• Welcome to SC4 Devotion Forum Archives.

The Greater Terran Region

Started by Haljackey, December 28, 2007, 01:38:46 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

art128

I'll take a quiet life... A handshake of carbon monoxide.

Props & Texture Catalog

MandelSoft

I wish you success with your makeover!
Lurk mode: ACTIVE

Haljackey

Replies:

Simpson:  Thanks! Glad you like the highway!

Patricius Maximus:  Yep, parts of the region have been remade many times.  The biggest change came when RHW 0.13a came out... a huge upgrade from 0.12 (the first public release).

bat:  Thanks a lot!

art128:  Thank you!  Always great to see you here!

mrtnrln:  Hehe... Thanks!  You will see a lot more of the GTR signs in the next few updates!   :thumbsup:

Update Time!

Because of my absence, I wasn't able to post a full update last time.  This one will make up for it! 15 pictures instead of the usual 10!

In this update you will see some different things in the GTR...  Let me know if you like them or not.  I can always change back.

Pictures
Click on the images for full resolution!  (1920x1200)

Downtown Terran Settlement.  Note new sidewalk texture, GTR signs, and the road curves.

The city core was an open area. Here is a pic showing the road layout before development.

The downtown area zoomed out.  Most of it has been densely developed.

A busy avenue in the south end.  Note Spa's Brand New CBC!

The new station is having an effect on the coastal part of town.  Urban decay is lessening every day...

All land around the sunken/ground/elevated highway stack interchange has been developed.  Thus, this junction will become very busy as soon as sims start commuting to the new jobs in the core.

A cool close-up near the ending of the Multi-RHW.

A huge construction boom of housing.  The huge influx of offices need people to work in them.  Residential demand has skyrocketed!

All open land has been consumed along the highway terminus.  It is getting very busy.  (Note the new special GTR sign!)

A new GTR highway sign seen at the start of the RHW.

More construction near the train station.

Road curve signs have been in put place on the curved highway.

RHW/ground highway Y-interchange.  Up to now, the new NAM had a conflict with that one-way road overpass.  Thus, no traffic has used this stretch since the new NAM's installation until now... I have fixed that problem in my NAM plugin folder.
-The junction is really busy!  Cars used to take longer alternative routes before, such as the avenue to the right.

Same thing goes for this stretch of highway.  No traffic used it until I fixed that overpass!  Its flowing again!

Heavy traffic comes to a halt in the industrial area.

I hope this huge update will do for now.  I try not to make large updates because it can mess up people's connections.  But an update was long overdue.

Enjoy!

Best,
-Haljackey

Sheep49

OMG, what a fantastic Mega Update! :o ;D

GTR is so realistic! I really enjoy reading every update. And this one, it's one of the best things that I've seen on this site! (Seriously, this MD is under 'Favourites' tab in my browser :D)

Keep the awesome work coming! ;)
Piotr
Polish support forum - Cafe Poland * SC4Wiki! * My BATting thread

I am he, as you are he, as you are me and we are all together... - I Am The Walrus, The Beatles

art128

absoluty amazing  &apls your work on that update is very impressive my friend :thumbsup:
Best, Arthur

Props & Texture Catalog

Simpson

Hi my friend  :)
Your new update is very good as well and also as well your RHW is super
Your city is looking perfect lol. I'm until forward to the next update  ;)
My new city is now here
The région of Kaikoura

Teaser of Lopsas[+ How did I do it?]:Lopsas

JoeST

looking good, but you forced me to be ultra critical

pic 1: there's an ultrabright parky thingy,

pic 3: that ultrabright park again, and there is zones, and an avenue roundabout that doesnt look right

pic 11: the rail has a very bright basetexture...and that big tower is growing through the elevated rail :D

pic 12: the signs look big....and imo should be placed before the curve starts...

and your diagonals are jaggedy

there you go, supercritical me. but I have to admit, it looks very nice as it is

Joe
Copperminds and Cuddleswarms

deathtopumpkins

Wow, that is a nice update! I'm loving all the intricate attention to detail I'm seeing now in the GTR.

It's all really good, and there's just too much pretty stuff to comment on individually...

Also, nice new sidewalk textures!  :thumbsup:
NAM Team Member | 3RR Collaborater | Virgin Shores

nerdly_dood

Nice update! I notice that you have a base texture for your railroad that I'm not familiar with... is it the sandstone mod I've seen? (I use the SFBT mod that gives it a wealth-dependent grass base texture)
My days here are numbered. It's been great and I've had a lot of fun, but I've moved on to bigger and better things.
—   EGO  VOBIS  VADELICO   —
Glory be unto the modder and unto the fun and unto the city game!

paroch

Hi Haljackey,

My first post here.  You're doing some fine work here, I have to be impressed with your downtown area.  And the traffic pics with plenty of congestion are the highlight for me.  Some of the junctions you've created are excellent - I never seem to get to grips with the variety of options available in NAM/RHW.

MandelSoft

I don't know if I'm right, but is the city greener? I like that.
Great update!

bat

Fantastic newest pictures there of your wonderful looking city!
Wonderful work on "The Greater Terran Region"!!! :thumbsup:

Looking forward to more... :)

Haljackey

Replies:

Sheep49:  Wow, thanks a ton for your comments!  I am glad you are enjoying this!

art128:  Hey, thanks a lot!  Glad you enjoyed the update! 

Simpson:  Glad you are liking the update and the RHWs!

JoeST:  I never asked you to do this!  I just said leave something nice, not hypocritical!  :P
-Although, your constructive criticism does make some good points.  I appreciate it!  The textures by the rails are new, and are part of the sandstone sidewalk mod I just installed.  I don't like them either, but I'll see what I can do to get the old textures back!  I will take your comments into consideration!

deathtopumpkins:  So, you are liking the makeover?  Good!  I am trying to add more and more detail to this region, trying to show the SC4 community that it is more than just skyscrapers and highways.

nerdly_dood: Welcome back dude!  Ya the texture is part of the sandstone mod.  I am trying to get the old rail textures back :P 

paroch:  Nice to see a new face here!  :)  I appreciate all the comments you have made and that you are enjoying this.  You can do a lot more with the NAM/RHW than you can possibly think of!  New additions just multiply the amount of combinations many times over!  Anyways, I hope you enjoy this update and to hear from you again!

mrtnrln:  Yes, you are right.  I am adding a lot more greenery to the region as it continues to expand.  All those sims cooped up in those apartments and offices need a place to let some steam off, and a great place for them to do that is in a local park!  I am also trying to preserve some forested areas which you have been seeing in the past few updates.

bat:  Thanks for your comments!  Its always great to see you here!   ;)

Update Time!

In this update I have a new video for you.  Its the shortest video I have ever made, but it packs a punch!

A Youtube video box should appear below.  If you can't see it or are having problems, follow the link below it.  Oh, and make sure you turn up your speakers!

http://www.youtube.com/v/TjzpywYhutI

-For high quality, follow the link and select the "watch in high quality" tab to the lower right of the video box.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TjzpywYhutI

If you would like to view my other videos, new and old, you can find them in my new youtube channel:
http://www.youtube.com/user/haljackey

Anyways I hope you enjoy the video!

Best,
-Haljackey

deathtopumpkins

Umm... I was gonna say that your video is no longer available, but then I clicked the link and youtube is performing site maintenance. I'll check again tomorrow afternoon and comment then.
NAM Team Member | 3RR Collaborater | Virgin Shores

Haljackey

deathtopumpkins:  Opps, I shouldn't have posted a video when youtube is down  I didn't know!

Edit:  you can see the video! Just click the link above that says "For high quality..." and you should be able to see it! 

2nd Edit:  This Marks 200 Posts In The GTR @ SC4D!   &dance  Thanks to everyone for your continued support! 

MandelSoft

Great video, Hal! It's maybe short, but it says enough!

JoeST

Well look at that... the author gets one of the milestones... ;D :p

And yeah that video is great, somehow you choreographed it so the first crash also comes in on the drums :o

and @ my criticism :D you did kinda force me to reply :p

Thanks again :)

Joe

Joe

art128

nice video my friend  :thumbsup: I like it a lot  ;)

Props & Texture Catalog

Haljackey

Hello everyone, just a quick little update about The GTR:

While doing some cleaning in my computer (getting rid of old, outdated files and whatnot), I came across a bunch of old photos that were in The GTR @ ST. A lot of the past content and pictures were lost during ST the site hack, and I worked dilligently to restore as much as possible from cached sources and whatnot. Sadly, I was not able to restore 100% of the content.

But now, with some more photos found, another chunk of the CJ (City Journal, ST's equivalent to SC4D's MD) can be restored. I have been quite busy in RL and will continue to be for the next little while so a new update won't be for a bit. I am putting whatever free time I have on restoring the past updates because they are historical in nature. Once I finish doing what I can about the restoration, I will do a new update and respond to your wonderful replies.

But, along with the old content I also found a bunch of stuff that I can use for my archives page!  Check there for a update soon (link in my signature).

Best,
-Haljackey

JoeST

hey Hal, I have 31 pages of GTR-ST sitting on my hdd... dont know if that will help you