• Welcome to SC4 Devotion Forum Archives.

A headache with the RHW -- Monorail crossing over highway

Started by Pythias900KMB, December 30, 2015, 12:19:47 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Pythias900KMB

Ahoy there, everybody!!!  As you can see from the screen capture, I have been hard at work with the RHW -- and at times finding it so much fun that I nearly forget that I need to sleep regular hours and eat once a day.  The RHW sure is not very forgiving of slight mistakes and is quite arrogant to believe that it knows what I am thinking needs to be done.

Presently, I have two issues that are perplexing me at the moment.  How do I complete that monorail crossing over the elevated RHW without plopping High Monorail piece by piece?  I have actually tried doing that across a sunken RHW and the SC4 did not like that at all; in fact, the turnaround time would have been quicker if SC4 did not suddenly decide to C2D on me when I am trying to appraise and arrange puzzle pieces into place.

In any case, I really do not want to have to revise that from scratch if I do not have to (points at first paragraph); still, I cannot leave that monorail line in that state in order to revise the highway.  Much gratitude for any counsel that can be provided.

mgb204

To begin, it's perhaps your lucky day, someone's fixed the CTD problem with Puzzle Pieces.

However, I'm unaware of any crossings for High Monorail over the RHW networks, so that option is a no-go.

I've not used them, but I'm pretty sure if you adjusted the height of the elevated sections of RHW to L1 instead of L2, the Monorail can cross even the elevated sections here. You may need to re-work the curve that's too close to be crossed, but from bottom to top the first three should be OK.

Tarkus

Yes, L1 can go under Monorail, as the base Monorail is effectively an L2 network.  The High Elevated-over-RHW stuff (High Elevated = L4, by the way) isn't likely to be developed anytime soon, at least in static puzzle form.

-Alex

APSMS

Here's a random question: Can L3 or L4 RHW go over monorail?

Just a thought, though I suspect this isn't the case ATM. Upper Level RHW support is relegated mostly to RHWxRHW crossings, right?
Experience is something you don't get until just after you need it.

My Mayor Diary San Diego: A Reinterpretation

Tarkus

Quote from: APSMS on January 01, 2016, 01:58:36 AM
Here's a random question: Can L3 or L4 RHW go over monorail?

Just a thought, though I suspect this isn't the case ATM. Upper Level RHW support is relegated mostly to RHWxRHW crossings, right?

Both L3 and L4 can cross over Monorail.  Actually, the RHWxRHW support at the higher levels is probably less stable than the non-RHW crossings, which is part of the reason we didn't enable L3 and L4 FLEXFly yet.

-Alex