• Welcome to SC4 Devotion Forum Archives.

FLEX Turn Lanes (FTL) and Related Projects - Development and Support

Started by Tarkus, August 01, 2009, 09:36:25 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Wiimeiser

Pink horse, pink horse, she rides across the nation...

APSMS

The progress you're making here Alex is great! I'm looking forward to the NAM where we can finally incorporate these improvements. I suspect the sampling of these we may get in the next NAM will have more than a few people drooling for more.

Oh the possibilities!

I do kinda wish the FLEX interchange pieces could have had a more dynamic implementation, but FLEX is good. Do the pieces automagically adjust to the inputs, or must the correct interchange be selected for each one?
Experience is something you don't get until just after you need it.

My Mayor Diary San Diego: A Reinterpretation

Tarkus

Thanks, dyoungyn, Seaman, Tyberius, Wiimeiser, and APSMS for the kind words--and to all the "like"-minded folks out there.

Now to answer a few questions, before I share off another development screenie:

Quote from: Seaman on February 17, 2017, 12:41:59 AM
Quote from: dyoungyn on February 16, 2017, 09:52:12 PM
Still hoping for that RHW 8S cable-stayed bridge &Thk/(
If I were you, I would be cautious not to pique the NAM team by continuing questions about that.

No one expects the NAMish Inquisition!

(Side note: necklaces with frickin' huge NAM logos on them could be the next big thing.)

Quote from: Wiimeiser on February 17, 2017, 05:43:13 PM
Interesting one here... Might want to put this one in the documentation...

This one's pretty straightforward to build--just drag the OWR out away from the FTL network.

Quote from: APSMS on February 17, 2017, 07:43:04 PM
I do kinda wish the FLEX interchange pieces could have had a more dynamic implementation, but FLEX is good. Do the pieces automagically adjust to the inputs, or must the correct interchange be selected for each one?

There's one for each tile width configuration (2x2 +, 2x2 T, 3x2/2x3 +, 3x2 T, 2x3 T, 3x3 +, and 3x3 T), and each one does indeed have some handy automagic features built into the FLEX piece.  They have a default setting (Type 120 FTL for the 2-tile inputs, Type 130 FTL for the 3-tile inputs) which can be overridden by plugging another input into the ends.  I'll have more to show on that end soon--including a peek at the whack-a-mole/gator wrestling madness that precipitated the need for that solution.

And now, for the promised development screenie . . . here's how the Type 110 FTLs (for use with Road, TLA-3, AVE-2, and ARD-3) interact with One-Way Roads with SITAP setups.  I did some rather fancy things with these:

-Alex

Seaman

dyoungyn

Wiimeiser

I actually meant put that particular screenshot in the documentation.
Pink horse, pink horse, she rides across the nation...

Gugu3

Tarkus

Quote from: Wiimeiser on February 19, 2017, 10:10:45 PM
I actually meant put that particular screenshot in the documentation.

I agree there . . . I'd probably want to gussy it up a bit more by putting it into a built environment, but it is a rather distinctive intersection--thanks for the suggestion, and thanks to Seaman, dyoungyn, and Gugu3 for the kind words as well.

I've been quietly toiling away on some more FTL functionality, and among other things, I've actually been able to rescue the draggable slip lane functionality with a new implementation, and some new features.

More fun stuff coming soon . . .

-Alex

AsimPika3172

We want more LHD version!!!! Because my country Malaysia was almost using LHD forever!  :bnn: &apls :thumbsup:
I loves Sim City forever!

dyoungyn

Looks GREAT.  All dragable as in FLEX and that is WONDERFUL.  I especially love the slip lanes.  Only hope that one would be able to add the slip lanes with AVE6/7 crossing AVE6/7. 

APSMS

Experience is something you don't get until just after you need it.

My Mayor Diary San Diego: A Reinterpretation

Tarkus

Thanks, AsimPike3172, dyoungyn, APSMS, and all the "likers" out there.

First, to respond to the latest . . .

Quote from: AsimPika3172 on February 24, 2017, 06:31:46 PM
We want more LHD version!!!! Because my country Malaysia was almost using LHD forever!  :bnn: &apls :thumbsup:

There will be more of that soon.  Stay tuned. ;)

Quote from: dyoungyn on February 24, 2017, 09:48:44 PM
Only hope that one would be able to add the slip lanes with AVE6/7 crossing AVE6/7. 

Yes, one can indeed . . .

Quote from: APSMS on February 24, 2017, 11:08:58 PM
:popcorn:

Popcorn, eh?  Sounds like it's time for a movie . . .

https://www.youtube.com/v/H6t3NRgzbOw

This one is the first in a trilogy.

-Alex

eggman121

Ohh very Nice Alex :thumbsup:

I am quite looking forward too this feature in the upcoming NAM package.

Great to see I'm not the only one making videos for the new NAM components  ::)

-eggman121

dyoungyn

Very nice and fantastic.  Looks so much easier and some new possibilities we currently do not have. 

Great work and looking forward to see more.  Thank you so much for sharing and looking forward to more.

dyoungyn

Bipin

Awesome work! I love the new additions you guys turn out every now and then. Stuff like this keeps the game interesting!

Tyberius06

Well-well!!!!! It's amaaaaazing  &apls &apls &apls
It will be fun to play with these tricks! :)
Thanks for the hard work to all of you! :)
You may find updates about my ongoing projects into my development thread here at SimCity 4 Devotion: Tyberius Lotting Experiments
or over there on Simtropolis into the Tyberius (Heretic Projects) Lotting and Modding Experiments.
I'm also member of the STEX Custodian and working on different restoration projects on behalf of non-anymore-active custom content creators.
Current projects: WMP Restoration and SimCity Polska Restoration.
Member of the NAM Team and RTMT Team.

AsimPika3172

Make SC4 great again!!! Thanks for first preview of turning roads! :D
I loves Sim City forever!

dyoungyn

Would love to see how to draw out the AVE6/7 crossing AVE6/7 intersection with the slip lanes &apls &apls &apls &apls &apls

Quote from: Tarkus on February 26, 2017, 01:31:37 AM
Thanks, AsimPike3172, dyoungyn, APSMS, and all the "likers" out there.

First, to respond to the latest . . .

Quote from: AsimPika3172 on February 24, 2017, 06:31:46 PM

There will be more of that soon.  Stay tuned. ;)

Quote from: dyoungyn on February 24, 2017, 09:48:44 PM
Only hope that one would be able to add the slip lanes with AVE6/7 crossing AVE6/7. 

Yes, one can indeed . . .

Quote from: APSMS on February 24, 2017, 11:08:58 PM
:popcorn:

Popcorn, eh?  Sounds like it's time for a movie . . .

https://www.youtube.com/v/H6t3NRgzbOw

This one is the first in a trilogy.

-Alex

Tarkus

Thanks, eggman121, dyoungyn, Bipin, Tyberius06, AsimPika3172, and all who "liked" the last update for the support!

Quote from: dyoungyn on February 26, 2017, 06:06:23 PM
Would love to see how to draw out the AVE6/7 crossing AVE6/7 intersection with the slip lanes &apls &apls &apls &apls &apls

Then you're bound to love Part 2 of the FTL preview. ;)  Hope you all enjoy.

https://www.youtube.com/v/X7a79D27Tto

-Alex

j-dub

Looks to me like there would of been enough room for narrower, but possible double left turn lanes in this setup, just using the room where the shoulders are. If it is going to be single lane, I could of seen a set of diagonal hatch lines crossing out the place where the other lane would of existed.