• Welcome to SC4 Devotion Forum Archives.

Found Files

Started by Sorengaard, April 23, 2008, 12:32:04 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Sorengaard

How do I know why Cleanitol list "found" files?  The user guide's example is Cleanitol Remove Landmarks Growing on Empty Lots file.  I have no idea what that means btw.  Also I have never used a cleanitol file called anything like that.  Most are cleanup lists or mega pack lists.  So do I remove these found files or do something else with them.  Thanks for any help explaining this part of the program.

Steve

xxdita

With any Cleanitol with Remove in the name, these are files that you don't want in your Plugins anymore, generally because they are outdated, but in this case, because the Empty Lots problem can be rather annoying.

Just click on BackUp Now to get rid of these files.

SC4BOY

Well there is another approach.. if this list shows you are using these files, you MAY want to leave SOME of them in (depending on your city design and what you are trying to accomplish).. just BE AWARE of the issues that occur when using them.. the effect is annoying but not terminal.. :) .. just delete the "awry" lots if they pop up.. happy sim'ing.. hehe .. you may remove those files which you aren't currently actively using and just leave in the "needed ones" .. and later maybe someone *ahem* will release an updated replacement .. ;)

xxdita

Very true. The important thing with the Growable Empty Lots is knowing what they are, and what to look out for. I haven't known any of them to cause serious issues, although none of them are properly modded by any means.
Take a look at this thread for more information.

And yes, quite a few will be fixed within the coming weeks.

Sorengaard