• Welcome to SC4 Devotion Forum Archives.

Could someone help with the installing?

Started by igitalo, May 31, 2011, 04:55:19 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

igitalo

hi Folks.

Im new to Mac and these plugins.

Ive being reading the forum for a while and ill be quite honest.. Ill still stuck with the instalation... im new to mac and dont really know what is going on here.

I have a folder called Colossus add on mod mac with lots of .dat files... how do I install this? if thats the case... sorry for my lack of knowledge... if someone can help i would be very  thankful .

dahemac

I believe that what you do is copy the CAM folder into your ~/Documents/SimCity4/Plugins folder [i may not have got the folder names exactly right]. Remove any HTML or JPEG files from the copied folder. With the CAM you will probably want to remove the CAM traffic simulator if it is there. The NAM replaced that. It may not be there though.

I have bootcamp with XP on my Mac. I prefer to play SimCity under Mac OS because I often have to stop and do work and such. However it is handy when you get an EXE installer that does not like FileJuicer, to open up Windows XP and run the installer in Windows. Then you can switch back to Mac OSX and just copy the files from the Bootcamp drive into the corresponding folders in your Mac OS user directory.