• Welcome to SC4 Devotion Forum Archives.

Tales at TeaTime

Started by TheTeaCat, May 22, 2007, 04:32:09 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

TheTeaCat

Thanks to all who commented or just had a look, Nice to see some familiar names and adding some new ones too!

So if you all feel like joining me down at Malac's cross?
Its a quiet little town well for now anyway but I organised a little get together (complimentary Tea for all those driving :thumbsup:)

Click on pics for full size

First we gonna head to the Spybar

Then party till late at Cisco's

Only a quick and brief post but hope you like ;)
Till next time

regards
Derry.
Kettle's on. Milk? Sugars?    ps I don't like Earl Grey  $%Grinno$%
Reduce, Reuse, Recycle - If you're not part of the solution , you're part of the problem!
"Never knock on Death's door: Ring the bell and run away! Death really hates that!"
Tales at TeaTime      Now A proper NUT      TTC plays GRV II

threestooges

Quote from: TheTeaCat on February 15, 2016, 12:46:59 PM
1,327 days since the last post!!
I think that's taking the phrase that "good things are worth the wait" to the extreme. Good to see you back Derry. What bridge is that in Malac's Crossing? It looks like the lead-up to a massive span, but run as short as the bridge would allow. Looks good there like that.
-Matt

Swordmaster

That looks like a fun nightlife spot. How about we go out for beers in that joint by the bridge? ;D

Cheers
Willy

Pat

OMG its TATT wooooot!!!! Im glad to see ya back on the kettle Derry!!! BTW I would like a nice cup of Earls ☺

EdIT: Fixed a small typo, baaaaaaaad me lol

Don't forget the SC4D Podcast is back and live on Saturdays @ 12 noon CST!! -- The Podcast soon to Return Here Linkie

Jmouse

Absolutely gorgeous night shots, Derry. I especially like the second one because there's a bit more light that adds a bit more life to the scene. Of course, the bridge is gorgeous. What is the name of it.

Simmer2

I agree with Jmouse The balance of lights is just right  &apls
________________________________________________________________________________

compdude787

Check out my MD, United States of Simerica!
Last updated: March 5, 2017

My YouTube Channel

feyss

belfastsocrates

Oh very nice indeed! I hadn't noticed that bridge in-game before., I must had a look, it's lovely.

Great night scene and I agree with previous comments, the balance is just right.
A unique nation fusing technological prowess and unparalleled grandeur

"Anyone who lives within their means suffers from a lack of imagination" - Oscar Wilde

kbieniu7

Hello Tales! Really nice to see, that you've restarted your thread! Well, I would really like to comment more, but let me just say, that I've found the further-view shot of a forest and the river fabulous! :)
Thank you for visiting Kolbrów, and for being for last ten years!

TheTeaCat

Thank you all for all of your kind words and comments, sorry its been quiet lately but RL took over in the work department,lots of people getting their ponds ready for summer!! but still made time to play my favourite game.

I've been trying stuff out, messing about with stuff, and testing some attempts at stuff. not all of it worked but some has and who knows what you may see in the future but for now the following shots are from my testbed region

Its the GRV2 region thats been changed (Slightly) to suit me

Current Residents 199475

Welcome to town

The Best Hotel in Town!

Daytime Views

A place to worship

Need new wheels?

Late night news and views

City at night

Hope you enjoyed this little visit from the main part of the region.

TTC
Reduce, Reuse, Recycle - If you're not part of the solution , you're part of the problem!
"Never knock on Death's door: Ring the bell and run away! Death really hates that!"

compdude787

Nice shots of your city and region! Hope you get more time to play SC4. :)

My YouTube Channel

vortext

Really nice development for a testbed region!  :thumbsup:

Second to last night pic with the ferris wheel and cbs building is great!  &apls
time flies like a bird
fruit flies like a banana

Simmer2

Great shots! Perhaps a little MMP (rocks, bushes, flowers etc.) on some areas would work wonders.

Nick
________________________________________________________________________________

Pat

I loved the GRV region and just found a lot of pics from it, Lot of editing that I did was to challenge Barby.... miss her sniffles

Don't forget the SC4D Podcast is back and live on Saturdays @ 12 noon CST!! -- The Podcast soon to Return Here Linkie

vester

Jmouse

Beautiful scenery and excellent work as usual. The night shots are favorites of course, but the daytime photos show an amazing level of well-placed details. Suburbs often look overcrowded, but yours seem to have some breathing room and I like that. My favorite is the overview, in part because it looks so natural and realistic. Hope you'll find some more time in your busy schedule for creative pursuits like these. :)

mrbisonm

Isn't this one of my hand formed regions I used for a MD competition years ago? Wow, what have you done to it? Wonderful!!! Love it!

Great town, well done and well used textures and models. I want to see more.......

Fred

....Uploading the MFP 1.... (.........Finishing the MFP1)

TheTeaCat

Replies

Quote from: compdude787 on April 25, 2016, 02:08:04 PM
Nice shots of your city and region! Hope you get more time to play SC4. :)

Thanks Compdude. I hope so too as I do really enjoy playing it and find it very relaxing.

Quote from: vortext on April 26, 2016, 11:23:03 AM
Really nice development for a testbed region!  :thumbsup:

Second to last night pic with the ferris wheel and cbs building is great!  &apls

Thank you very much vortext. funny how its all sort of coming together nicely but its perfect for my needs to see if stuff grows/works right. I like that pic too :)

Quote from: Simmer2 on April 26, 2016, 12:46:36 PM
Great shots! Perhaps a little MMP (rocks, bushes, flowers etc.) on some areas would work wonders.

Nick

Yes I agree with you on more mmp Nick but as it a test region primarily, making it all look super pretty is not high on the agenda. thats for another region which you will see lots of in the future :thumbsup:

Quote from: Pat on April 26, 2016, 09:51:05 PM
I loved the GRV region and just found a lot of pics from it, Lot of editing that I did was to challenge Barby.... miss her sniffles

Yes Pat its a great little region for my needs right now.

Quote from: vester on April 27, 2016, 09:42:01 AM
Looks great, TTC.

Thank you Arne :)

Quote from: Jmouse on April 28, 2016, 02:16:02 PM
Beautiful scenery and excellent work as usual. The night shots are favorites of course, but the daytime photos show an amazing level of well-placed details. Suburbs often look overcrowded, but yours seem to have some breathing room and I like that. My favorite is the overview, in part because it looks so natural and realistic. Hope you'll find some more time in your busy schedule for creative pursuits like these. :)

Thank you Joan. Its always nice to hear your thoughts about what I've shown. The night shots are some of my favs too as there are so many wonderfully detailed BATs available nowadays that fit right in with the DN mod. I try to build my suburbs from what I see around me maybe I'm lucky in where I live to not be living in the middle of a crowded noisy congested city. I will never be able to find enough time to play SC4 but shall endevour to play as much as possible. Thats a promise!

Quote from: mrbisonm on April 29, 2016, 05:20:06 AM
Isn't this one of my hand formed regions I used for a MD competition years ago? Wow, what have you done to it? Wonderful!!! Love it!

Great town, well done and well used textures and models. I want to see more.......

Fred

Yes Fred indeed it is your region from the competition! What did I do? Well I ran it through the Terraformer and did the following ,removed the river from the south, raised the terrain by 100 meters, used the erosion tools to give the terrain a more natural weathered look the lower the terrain back down by 90 meters (thought yours a bit too low hard to make sunken trenches without the water breaking through) and used the SV terrain mod. Thank you for giving a great region to start with in the first place. I've really liked this region of yours from the moment I saw it and funnily enough used the first 3 challenges to lay out road and rail. Look closely to see!

And more pics from this test region will be forthcoming - don't fret!

Ah here they are now!

Houses on hills!

More slopey building

Much needed supplies available 24/7

Ha! seems I'm missing a dependency - no worries easily sorted

the perils of MMP's - look at where them tree's be growing!

A high Street

Some 'Burbs

Late night workers restocking the shelves!

Only a quick and brief post but hope you like ;)
Till next time

regards
Derry.

compdude787

Looking really nice there!!!

My YouTube Channel