• Welcome to SC4 Devotion Forum Archives.

Health and education funding problem

Started by Nanami, October 31, 2009, 08:43:21 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Nanami

Anyone know, why my health and education funding keep goes down?

tooheys

Do you mean that the schools etc are going on strike due to lack of funding? Can you provide us with a pic of the custom query of one of the buildings effected.

Thanks

RippleJet

It's a phenomenon known by the name of Phantom Funding Sliders Bug.
It is triggered if you, or someone else, changes the monthly cost for any civic building that already exists in your city. Normally that would be one of the in-game civic buildings. If that civic building's monthly funding can be set by a slider in the query (e.g. schools, hospitals, police stations, fire stations and power plants), then, after installing such a mod, the funding won't match what is saved in the city's save file.

The save file (*.SC4) includes the monthly funding AND the slider's percentual setting for each civic building. If the percentual setting for the slider won't match the funding, then the game will automatically change the slider, and thus increase or decrease the funding. Since they will never match, this will continue every month till the funding is either 0 or at its maximum value (at 120% funding).

There are two ways to remedy this...

1. Bulldoze all schools that have been plopped after you installed the mod that changed the monthly funding for those schools. Then save the city, remove the mod and restart your city. This option naturally requires that you know what mod you've installed, which schools have been modded by it and which of those you have plopped after installing that mod.

2. Bulldoze all school of that type in your city. If the school having a funding going down is an elementary school, you need to bulldoze all elementary schools in that city. If it's a high school, then you need to bulldoze all high schools, and so on... Save the city after you've bulldozed all school, exit the game and re-enter.

Nanami

mikeld

This does not work if you have the building missing ie it comes up as Error: No name. in your education sliders bar. E.g. I had the SETI planetarium research museum centre & I've found that to be unstable to the point where now I'm very wary of downloading or installing anything in my plugins that only uses a lot with no model, dat, or desc, to go with it. In fact, most of the slider bugs I've had are with 'lot only' files, that have been moved from plugins whilst reinstalling or refilling, making things neater or dat packing. Now I'm so scared even to move that lot file in a sub folder in my plugins marked education buildings for fear it will read as error no name in the funding sliders section. Once you get the error no name you can't fix the slider bug at all because you can even delete it even if now you have the lot put back in you plugins folder! Even if you put another SETI lot exactly the same next to it or even on top of the space where it once was & still is reading as that location when you click "error: no name" you still can't get rid of the error no name building. You will have to search for a previous version of the city region you used before you deleted the lot or before you moved it from plugins.

I did 3 years ago have the super ordinance or radical one by Raphael ninja but that was just too unrealistic cheat for me & I removed it.  I was also sick and tired of unckecking the ordinances of crime doesn't pay & neighbourhood watch as even he said he has failed to fix  the maxis bug for the police crime data.  So I removed those ordinances but I having trouble with NEW cities after that ordinance has been removed from OLD cities that were affected! So it can't be that according to your theory. For me it is mainly moving lot only buildings around in my plugins that causes panic & slider bugs & something which is so stupid that with all the modding of Raphael peg & others nobody has fixed a simple mathematical equation that "if a  doesn't equal b then stuff it, override as a default to keep the slider as is, because obviously the person knows what he's doing by moving plots around his Plugin folder!" but no we haven't had anyone smart enough to fix that simple maxis equation stuffup yet so we have to endure the constant advise of "delete all type buildings affected & don't delete the ones b4 the ordinance etc etc s that will worsen it even worse etc etc blah blah" just fix the damn equation & stop putting game players through these ridiculous hoops. Somebody should ask a programmer from maxis that is if he can just pause for a moment in rushing out another piece of sh!t unfinished game with bugs for his and his bosses corporate greed to rush the profits out on rush hour then maybe we could fix this bloody slider bug!
:angrymore: :'(