• Welcome to SC4 Devotion Forum Archives.

Commonwealth of Marathon

Started by thundercrack83, November 05, 2008, 02:08:19 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

rooker1

It's great to hear from you Dustin. I hope all is well...enough. Life can be tough and it should always come first. If you decide to come back, I'm sure most of your old supporters are still around and would love to see some new work from you. Remember you can always find me online if you ever need to chat.

Take care my friend and I hope we hear from you again real soon.
Robin
Call me Robin, please.

Swordmaster

Dustin, I'm probably one of those names you don't really know, but this one knows you ;)  Hearing from you is great. There's no reason you need to apologize for anything at all - Marathon remains a wonderful MD even in its slumbering state. Of course it's easy to assume that you, having shared so many amazing things with us in the past, should continue doing so in perpetuity, but as you've said there's this thing called life. I hope it's treating you reasonably well, and if not, will start doing so in short order. We'll all be here when you return. Until then!

Cheers
Willy

MandelSoft

No hard feeling, Dustin, it can happen to the best of us ;)  At least you stopped by here and let you hear from yourself that you are still there. We'll always be there if you need us. We'll invite you with open arms ;)

Best,
Maarten
Lurk mode: ACTIVE

art128

Hi Dustin
I've never been great with long words etc, so I'll make it short...

Hope all will be doing well soon for you, man!

-Arthur
I'll take a quiet life... A handshake of carbon monoxide.

Props & Texture Catalog

vinlabsc3k

Glad to read you again Dustin, I hope that's all well. :thumbsup:
Life can be unfair to us, but, with the support of the people you know, you can recover yourself.
You will always welcomed here between us!! &apls
My creation at CityBuilders.

SimCity 5 is here with the NAM Creations!!

thundercrack83

Still kicking...

Another year has passed in Marathon, but I was looking at the map earlier, and it made me want to stop by for a quick second...Remember this?

Miss you all! Hope everyone is doing OK!

art128

Hi Dustin,

Nice yo see you're still playing the game from time to time.
Of course I remember this. How could we forget about your fantastic mapping style? ;)

Hope you're doing well!

Props & Texture Catalog

benedict

Great to see you back with an MD update.
Click on the banner to celebrate!

thundercrack83

UPDATE LVI
First of the Ninth
8 November 2017

Nine years ago, on this very day (at this very minute, actually!), the Commonwealth of Marathon began. Like a supernova, she exploded and faded into the darkness. It's been 3287 days since then, but it's also 2130 days since the last update; 1231 since the last post here at all. Nine years is a long time...

I won't bore you with comings and goings of my life in the past 1231 days since we last had action here in Marathon, but I've been tinkering here and there quite regularly and thought I would use this anniversary as a chance to share with you some of the comings and goings in Marathon...

I hope to return with more for everyone, and I hope that everyone is doing well!

art128

I actually had to check twice my eyes because i couldn't believe what i saw. AN UPDATE IN MARATHON? WOW.

It's a pleasure to see you are still doing some things here and there, Dustin. Looking forward for more.... :)

Props & Texture Catalog

bladeberkman

You're back! Your MD was/is a huge source of inspiration for me! And most of your pictures are still around, thankfully. Can't wait to see what you have in store for us.  :bnn:

Tarkus

Dustin, welcome back--it's a pleasant and awesome surprise to see you back here with a Marathon update.  The images here are quite impressive, too--the lotting on that molecule-like structure is spectacular, and definitely looks like something I could see a city doing as part of their waterfront.

-Alex

noahclem

Wow, what an awesome birthday surprise  :bnn:  I was just saying to Alex the other day that usually we end up with some great surprise for the birthday month and Christmas season and you definitely proved me right! Amazing work there with your city--I'm definitely thinking of working with those canals now after seeing your work and immediately went searching for those yellow-sided, green-roofed buildings (found them). Rail station is another highlight. Really hope there's more in store as even though I feel like I've been around for a long time I've never been active while you were. Just great stuff  :thumbsup:

EDIT: 3 active HoF MDs?! Can't remember the last time that was the case....

911Diva

Welcome back!!!  Your Marathon is wonderful!   &apls &apls

JoeST

Nine years?!!?!  it's wild to consider how long these awesome stories and worlds have been going... NINE YEARS :o
Copperminds and Cuddleswarms

metarvo

Welcome back, Dustin! When I saw the name "Marathon" appear in the recent posts, I had to jog my memory a little because the name sounded familiar, and the best way to do so was to come in here and check it out!  :D

The underwater "tunnels" produce an interesting twist on the typical bridge concept (tunnels, plural, because I see more than one).  Lots that include people are always a nice touch, too; it makes the cityscape seem that much more alive.  I'm looking forward to more.  Our MD section is springing to life these past two weeks.

&apls
Find my power line BAT thread here.
Check out the Noro Cooperative.  What are you waiting for?  It even has electricity.
Want more? Try here.  For even more electrical goodies, look here.
Here are some rural power lines.

Swordmaster

Lovely to see you back Dustin!! Great views there.

Cheers
Willy

siemanthepieman

Dustin, it's taken me a while to comment because, having not been around when your MD was more active, I had 142 pages of great updates and comments to read. But I've made it through, inspired to jump into the LE more often myself (I've always wondered how all the most amazing cities in all my favourite MD's are created and thanks to your insightful MD I have a little bit of an idea - lots and lots of custom lots! Your menus must be nightmare to navigate) and keen to see what the next 9 years holds for Marathon (can this game even last that long - probably, at least as long as our outdated PC's keep running to allow us to play it).

brick_mortimer

D*mn, I missed the return of Marathon.
Stupid IT security blocking SC4D at work :angrymore:

Beautiful waterfront, I find your use of FLUPS inspiring :thumbsup:

Quote from: Tarkus on November 06, 2017, 02:26:43 AM
...that molecule-like structure is spectacular, and definitely looks like something I could see a city doing as part of their waterfront...
That molecule like structure is in fact the unit cell of an iron crystal with its atoms, but enlarged several billion times.
It's called the Atomium and dates from the 1958 Brussels World Fair (smack in the middle of the "Atom Age") and is a vision of the bright future after WWII (https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Atomium).

Busier than a one legged man in an ass kicking contest
Me no coffee function without so good

kelis

Lovely city, I like the small tunnel and the CBD !! Great job  &apls &apls
.                                                                                                                      

|| Benelux Team || Windows on the World || My Photos on Flickr || Kelis BNL Projects ||