• Welcome to SC4 Devotion Forum Archives.

Check out the four-way interchange that I finished last night (18 @ March 2018)

Started by Pythias900KMB, March 19, 2018, 07:52:47 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Pythias900KMB

Many salutations, everybody!!!  After many iterations of trial and error, I successfully convinced the RHW into a four-way interchange that I am calling the Convergent Tetra Spade.  Take a look for yourselves; is it not a beauty!?!

I am particularly proud of how I engineered the northern and southern approaches (^_^)

PaPa-J

Pretty awesome.  It always amazes me when someone is working with the RHW, I always seam to have problems getting pieces to fit together.

Great work!  &apls
Lighten up, just enjoy life,
smile more, laugh more,
and don't get so worked up
about things.

Pythias900KMB

Having problems getting the pieces to fit together . . . there is more of that club membership than you realize!  Most of the aforementioned iterations of trial and error were focused upon those getting those left turn ramps to cross each other in the median instead of over the carriageways.  I also had to seize a bit of the commercial district at the northeastern corner because the RHW threw a passive-aggressive temper tantrum when I tried using a B1 FlexFly to straighten out the ramp so I could then merge it into the highway -- hence the spade shape you see.  I am a bit surprised that the main carriageways were so amenable to crossing two left-turn ramps in such short succession; I do not know what I would have done if that were not possible . . .

Anyway . . . the FlexFly pieces can be a challenge to properly align but are nothing that a lot of patient persistence -- and a sense of humor -- cannot overcome.  I am a bit anguished that I had to take out a HSR viaduct along with a couple of HSR stations to build the interchange, though.