• Welcome to SC4 Devotion Forum Archives.

Simmer's Lotting Lab.

Started by Simmer2, December 11, 2015, 07:24:45 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Simcoug

Quote from: Simmer2 on April 17, 2017, 07:19:21 AM
Hi Matt. Thanks for the comment! I'm confused though, which Maxis props are you talking about?

Sorry, I was talking about your vanilla 'abandoned' train station.  I think you said no dependencies, so I assumed everything was created using the maxis props (at least it looks that way from the pictures). 

I also love the cargo props!  Reminds me of a little wood working project I did earlier in the year for the kidos.   :D

Something for their wooden trains to carry  :)

MushyMushy

The containers look great! The new Hanjin texture looks nice. I also like the container lift.  :)

I suppose the Hanjin ones are a blast from the past; they went bankrupt back in February!

Simmer2

Thank you reddonquixote, FrankU, matias93, Simcoug and MushyMushy

Matt, no Maxis props were used to make my lot, I batted the whole thing. I said no dependencies because I included the models, I also said it is compatible with Maxis vanilla "rail".
Anyways, cool toy got there. If I may, you should put some sort of cap or tape on those exposed sharp bolt threads. Bumping into them can be a painful experience.

Speaking of which....

Simmer2/Nick
________________________________________________________________________________

brick_mortimer

Love the panicked sims with the raised arms.
They truly complete the picture  :D

#reachstackerfail
Busier than a one legged man in an ass kicking contest
Me no coffee function without so good

Silur

But I really do not like figures of people in SC4. But this is my disease. I love everything else. People will spoil everything for me...   I think it could be solved for me with Photoshop and Ilive Reader. $%Grinno$%  :thumbsup:
I like ALL the work by SM2 - Forward and Above

Kitsune

Safe to say someone is not going to be getting any Glory out of that container !
~ NAM Team Member

praiodan

Quote from: brick_mortimer on April 19, 2017, 05:58:08 AM
Love the panicked sims with the raised arms.
They truly complete the picture  :D

#reachstackerfail

I didn't even notice that in first place. This is pure genius.  :D

Just as your progress is, Nick! And I also like your abandoned train station very much, there's a couple of similiar ones near the place I live. Very well done.  &apls

Simmer2

Appreciate the comments, thank you!

So, lets re-cap. 35 labels are ready, each and everyone has the 22.5 and 45 counterpart for a total of 105 models so far. There are also 10 dual stacks with random labels in ortho format only.

Here are the labels I have covered so far. Once I reach 50 labels I will start the lotting process.

1)  ABX
2)  ACL
3)  Alianca
4)  Antillean
5)  APL
6)  China Global Logistics
7)  China Shipping
8)  China Shipping red
9)  CMA-CGM
10) CN reefer
11) Cronos
12) DHL
13) Evergreen
14) Fantozzi Shipping (fictional)
15) FedEx Global Logistics
16) Gartner
17) Hamburg Sud
18) Hanjin
19) Hapag-Lloyd
20) Hapag-Lloyd reefer
21) Hyundai
22) K-Line
23) Kuhne + Nagel
24) Maersk Sealand
25) MAERSK
26) MOL
27) MSC
28) OOCL
29) P & O NedLloyd
30) Safmarine
31) Sealand
32) UASC
33) Uniglory
34) Yang Ming
35) ZIM

Ref pic

Simmer2

________________________________________________________________________________

Kitsune

22.5 ? I thought the standard sizes where 20 - 40 - 45- 53. They do look great btw.
~ NAM Team Member

woodb3kmaster

Quote from: Kitsune on April 20, 2017, 10:02:57 PM
22.5 ? I thought the standard sizes where 20 - 40 - 45- 53. They do look great btw.

Unless I'm mistaken, Nick is referring to the orientation of the containers relative to the SC4 grid. He is making each container in three orientations: 0° (orthogonal), 45° (diagonal), and 22.5° (doesn't correspond to any existing fractional angle, but is exactly between FA3 and FA2 (respectively about 18.4° and 26.6°)).

Feel brand new. Be inspired.
NYHAVEN - VIEWS FROM WITHIN
Nuclear City - 5/8

Andreas

That's a lot of containers alright. :) For some of them (such as "Alianca", "K-Line" and "Kühne & Nagel"), the textures are not entirely convincing (dodge & burn tool usage is a bit too obvious), but the rest looks very spiffy. The reach stacker accident is hilarious, great detail! Maybe some European trucks would make the set complete, juist an idea, though.
Andreas

vester

These are going be to props and there are lot textures for those angles.
Just look at his roundhouse.

Could I get a copy of the container and the railcar for them (and their textures) ?
Would love to try to turn them into automata.

c.p.

Most of these look extremely good, though I agree with Andreas that a few of them are less convincing.  I also agree with Andreas about the reach stacker accident.  It's yet another great, creative, fun detail :thumbsup:

Simmer2

Kitsune The 22.5 and 45 versions are indeed angles.

woodb3kmaster You stand correct, thank you.

Andreas I do not use dodge and burn tools, I actually make them with 6 separate layers the 6th being the "aging" or "dust" layer which I then erase fade in certain areas to simulate dust and grime. However I will redo a couple of them to make them look "newer". Thanks.

vester It will take forever to gather all the texture pieces I made, they are scattered allover my hd. There must be about 300 or so. I will think about it. On a side note, I sent you the massive timed family you requested but after 2 pm's and no answer I thought you gave up on SC4.

c.p. Thank you Brian!

I'm taking a bit of a break from making containers, so I dusted off an old fave of mine which I have been slowly making over the last few months. I do have the front section almost done.
What I'm about to show you is part of something absolutely colossal that actually rode on rails.
This is a small fraction of the assembly, what do you think it is?

Simme2/Nick

praiodan

Now my guess would be a railway gun like Schwerer Gustav or something along these lines. At least that could explain the "small fracture of the assembly"-thingy part. :D

kbieniu7

Hah, to be honest, I also thought about a railway gun, just like praiodan;D Also cool work with all those containers, a lot of them you created!
Thank you for visiting Kolbrów, and for being for last ten years!

vester

Is that a base for crane ?

Quote from: Simmer2 on April 21, 2017, 10:48:04 PM
vester It will take forever to gather all the texture pieces I made, they are scattered allover my hd. There must be about 300 or so. I will think about it.

In the file menu you find Archive. Thing that zip the model files with all resources used on the model including textures.

BTW: The basefiles for the proppack 4 is uploaded now. ;)

Quote from: Simmer2 on April 21, 2017, 10:48:04 PM
vester On a side note, I sent you the massive timed family you requested but after 2 pm's and no answer I thought you gave up on SC4.

Though I did get back to you, sorry the line that I downloaded the files didn't get into the pm. :P
Never got around to have a proper look at the files.
Been working on the EMD engines.
Still thinking of a good way to handling them without it being to big a task, both for the GEvo and future releases.

Simmer2

Thank you everyone!

Vester There is no point making automata out of mine. Tigerbuilder left a pleasant surprise on my thread over at ST.
Link http://community.simtropolis.com/forums/topic/71467-simmer2s-lots-and-bats-lab/?page=3#comment-1663535
There is a link on his post to 67 pics illustrating his work.

He has actually made over 1200 train automata including just about every container label in the world!
Its a colossal collection and he is almost done compiling it.

Simmer2/Nick

Shark7

Quote from: praiodan on April 21, 2017, 11:36:04 PM
Now my guess would be a railway gun like Schwerer Gustav or something along these lines. At least that could explain the "small fracture of the assembly"-thingy part. :D

I was thinking the same.  And I sure wouldn't mind a nice large railway gun for the game, even as a static model.  Would certainly make for some interesting military base builds.

Simmer2

Well, Its time to unveil my latest project.

JP Schriefer Was kind enough to send me a copy of the models so that I could start the work. As you can see, he has already uploaded the models for everyone to enjoy and let me tell you, they are a beauty!!

This lot represents the part of the main complex where the office towers reside. I have had to modify it a bit to adapt it to the game but I tried to include as many features as possible including the winding street, the treed back area and the pond with the bridge on the front area.

My releases will include both the growable and landmark with jobs lots. Either MN or DN.

Here is an actual satellite top down view of the complex.

And here are a few pics.

Simmer2