• Welcome to SC4 Devotion Forum Archives.

JP Schriefer's BATs

Started by JP Schriefer, August 10, 2015, 07:04:46 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Tyberius06

Wow! 54 unfinished stuff? Well, no pushing, but where are the download buttoms for them? :D :D :D

Thanks for sharing your BATs, they are truely amizing! :)

- Tyberius
You may find updates about my ongoing projects into my development thread here at SimCity 4 Devotion: Tyberius Lotting Experiments
or over there on Simtropolis into the Tyberius (Heretic Projects) Lotting and Modding Experiments.
I'm also member of the STEX Custodian and working on different restoration projects on behalf of non-anymore-active custom content creators.
Current projects: WMP Restoration and SimCity Polska Restoration.
Member of the NAM Team and RTMT Team.

mattb325

The new bats are beautiful!  :thumbsup:

54 unfinished bats...wow....that's amazing  :P

Dantes

54 Buildings ? And I think MattB and c.p are bin in stress  :'(
Have fun and step by step. Relax Dude!  :P

JP Schriefer

Thank you very much, folks :)

My classes are coming back tomorrow, but I hope to release 667 Madison Avenue soon anyway. Everything is now modelled so I'm just working on the textures. The building was 14 meters taller on the last preview and it was wrong, it's now fixed. Don't worry about the weird effects on some shadowed faces btw, failed test :P

Oh and 600 Madison Avenue is available on the LEX:
http://sc4devotion.com/csxlex/lex_filedesc.php?lotGET=3537

korver

Beautiful as always :)

I'll have just the perfect spot for it here soon.. :P

reddonquixote

Without being familiar with this building, it immediately struck me as a bit dark... looking it up, online references range anywhere from pale grey-almost white, to mid grey. Streetview shows much lighter where the sun hits the top of the building, yours seems to match more closely the building in shadow. It doesn't really need changing if you want to keep it that way, but thought I'd mention it.

The reflection in the glass does seem quite busy though, giving overall chunky look, and the uniformly green blinds detract a bit, recommend making them a bit more neutral (e.g. grey). The glass on 600 Madison was very nice, maybe try to copy across...?

The modelling is sensational as always  :thumbsup:
Pay heed to the tales of old wives. It may well be that they alone keep in memory what it was once needful for the wise to know.

Dantes

Fantastic work again!

JP Schriefer

korver: thank you, korver! But wait...OMG...are you gonna do what I'm thinking you're gonna do?  :o

reddonquixote: thank you! I changed it, Francis90b also said the same thing about it on ST. I also changed the glasses reflections. The old one was exactly like the one from 600 Madison Avenue, but I believe it wasn't looking good because the windows from this one is way bigger, so I changed the ground map and also the bump map and I got satisfied with it  :P

Dantes: thank you!  :)

Here you go to 667 Madison Avenue: http://sc4devotion.com/csxlex/lex_filedesc.php?lotGET=3539

Now another one that is in the end of the drawer for almost one year. I started this one thinking about getting some experience to start the Municipal Theatre from Rio someday. Some time later I started the Singer Building and today I think the only thing I need is actually a lot of patience for these buildings with so many details *:lol:

CCBB (Centro Cultural Banco do Brasil - Bank of Brazil Culture Centre)
I'm focusing the HD version to this one.

reddonquixote

Great job on 667 Madison, the updates, particularly the glass, have much improved the BAT.

Nice start on CCBB so far too  :thumbsup:
Pay heed to the tales of old wives. It may well be that they alone keep in memory what it was once needful for the wise to know.

JP Schriefer

reddonquixote: thank you very much! :)

Another one from the drawer, Johns-Manville Building at 275 Madison Avenue:

manga rivotra

Again a very promising W2W building  &apls &apls &apls, I'm looking forward to playing with.

Ehanson

Wonderful work! &apls 275 Madison is one of my favorite art deco buildings in Midtown and looks a bit like a smaller version of 500 Fifth Avenue.

Looking forward to seeing the finished result.

Simmer2

________________________________________________________________________________

seraf

Nice work on 275 Madison Avenue  :thumbsup: And CCBB looks wonderful already  &apls &apls

JP Schriefer

manga rivotra: thank you!

Ehanson: thanks! It also remembers me 500 5th Avenue.

Simmer2: thank you!

seraf: thanks!

My first intention was to make the Majestic from Central Park, but I was a bit impatient to be looking for the exact measurements and all those terraces furniture and roof junk, so I decided to do a building by my own - saying it's located in my fictional city - based on those four twin towers buildings from Central Park. I love their shape and I hope me or anyone else do it someday. I'll export two versions with different bricks colouration. To finish this one I need to add some dirty to the bricks and work on the roof junk and terraces, probably I'll do something simple there.

kelis

It's amazing my friend !!
.                                                                                                                      

|| Benelux Team || Windows on the World || My Photos on Flickr || Kelis BNL Projects ||

Ehanson

Very cool! The lighter version looks like a bit like a variation of 15 Central Park West and 80 Riverside Boulevard

Andreas

Really superb models, both the real and fictional ones. :) A little gradient on the wall textures would be the icing on the cake, as they look a little too clean and uniform. As you said, a little roof junk here and there would spice them up, but your model is very expressive already, with lots of visual interest all around. Kudos!
Andreas

reddonquixote

Beautiful models  &apls &apls

Texture-wise, a few things need fixing I think, to do these beautiful models justice...

The grey concrete slabs are pretty good, the grey tiles is a nice base texture but perhaps a tad too glossy.

The red tiles however are a bit too saturated, they need toning down as well as being way too glossy. The facade seems to me to be too speckled, or at least, the contrast is too high. I agree with Andreas, while I'm not usually a fan of 'fake ray-tracing', I think gradients, at least on the lower levels, would be really nice. Lastly, the glass looks like the reflectivity is too high, suggest either lower the IOR, and/or darken the reflection colour swatch, down to a mid to dark grey, that should reduce the glittery effect.

or, you could do nothing, it still looks amazing  :thumbsup:

carlfatal

You always present outstanding BAT art, and I simply downloaded every single one, although I never reached to build a town for such big buildings.  :thumbsup:

But the last one tops all, it´s a beautiful gem!  &apls