• Welcome to SC4 Devotion Forum Archives.

NAM Issues Thread - PLEASE POST YOUR NAM QUESTIONS AND PROBLEMS HERE

Started by jahu, June 03, 2007, 10:15:49 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Anarcho-paladin

Quote from: mgb204 on December 31, 2015, 10:22:09 AM
Yes it can, Monorail and HSR are both monorail networks, anything modded for HSR is really just monorail anyhow.

Gee, thanks for the fast answer!
:)

tomvsotis

Hey so how does one draw the road multi-radius curves that were introduced w NAM 34? Can't seem to find this documented anywhere?

Tyberius06

Hello!

There is a tutorial video about the new features on youtube (thanks mgb): https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5mQZBMUOuXE.
And you can read about these in the NAM 34 topic: http://sc4devotion.com/forums/index.php?topic=17237.0

Cheers
You may find updates about my ongoing projects into my development thread here at SimCity 4 Devotion: Tyberius Lotting Experiments
or over there on Simtropolis into the Tyberius (Heretic Projects) Lotting and Modding Experiments.
I'm also member of the STEX Custodian and working on different restoration projects on behalf of non-anymore-active custom content creators.
Current projects: WMP Restoration and SimCity Polska Restoration.
Member of the NAM Team and RTMT Team.

tomvsotis

leaderfrontier

Hi everyone, I hope that I am posting this problem at the correct place, and please...
Forgive me if I made a mistake, because I am still unfamiliar with the FARHW

So, this is what I have today :

I using left side driving lane(sorry for my very poor English grammar as English is not my mother tongue)
Is it a bug or my mistaken for being plopping the wrong puzzle?

1)If I am not mistaken, the darker marking should be in the inside of the road? but this give me situation no 1 and 2 in the picture.
2)I assume that I am wrong, so I put the another puzzle(FARHW-4 Short Inner Curve) but it give me situation no 3.

So,any suggestion?

Thank you ^^  ;D ;D

mgb204

1 & 2 are actually correct, see in picture 3 that the outer emergency hard shoulder does not line up correctly. Although usually it's easier to determine from the brighter inner lane markings. There may indeed be some problems with the EU textures as every one needed to be created from scratch for NAM 33. Hopefully these will be ironed out eventually, but there are limited resources to do this.

Synthael

Heya NAM team, thanks for your dedication to this project, it's one of the main reasons I still enjoy doing all kinds of things in this game. &apls

In NAM 34, I seem to be missing at least one bridge for RHW: L0 RHW-6S Concrete Arch Bridge. I can't draw it anymore with RHW tool (PS version for dual 6S works), and the models are also missing (only waves and streetlights are visible). I reinstalled NAM 34 at least 4 times, trying some different options, but every time it's the same.

Also, one other thing I noticed, doesn't bother me that much: on regional view RHW-6S is invisible on satelite view.

I'm using LHD version of the game downloaded through Origin (with nightlighting patch), with Euro textures option in NAM installer.

CasperVg

Follow my SimCity 4 Let's play on YouTube

compdude787

I think those bridges were removed from the NAM 34 and replaced with newer bridge models that eggman121 made. You will need to demolish all bridges in your region that are of that old concrete arch style and replace them.
Check out my MD, United States of Simerica!
Last updated: March 5, 2017

My YouTube Channel

Tarkus

Yes, he did redo and expand the concrete arch options this go around.  I checked out the bridges during my testing before release and they were working as designed, but there seems to be some sort of "box girder" bridge under the "compact" options, which does indeed not show up. 

Edit: Seems the IIDs got changed on the non-compact version, and the compact version references the old non-compact ones.

-Alex

compdude787

There is a bug with the RHW-8S E2 FlexRamp: (not sure if the draggable ramp has the same problem, as I haven't tested it)

My YouTube Channel

Tarkus

A similar issue was reported a page or two back with the draggable version--presumably, it's existed since NAM 33 but wasn't reported.  There's bad models on both exit and entrance for that particular tile in the ramp, and they're bad in different ways.

In any case, here's a catch-all fix for that, the 6S Compact bridge that was reported, and also the DDRHW-4 bridge, which decided to be a jerk and not install.  The 8S fix file can go in z___NAM.  For the bridge stuff, just place it in Network Addon Mod\Additional Bridges\Real Highway Bridges.

-Alex

Edit: The DDRHW-4 does have an option in the installer which will work, but you will need to explicitly check the box to install it if you're installing over an old NAM installation, which wouldn't have had it after its files were moved about in the past couple versions.

compdude787

Thanks for the fix file; I just installed it and the ramp is now fixed. Yay! :)

My YouTube Channel

Nanami

Hi, just installed NAM34 today which I upgraded from NAM31.2, and basically it runs well in my LHD game though I found these pathing bug in 7.5m avenue overpass:

I use the modular (puzzle) in the instalation that because the japanese overpass mod I use not working in dragable one. I've try to use it without the mod but it still not working. any possible solution for LHD issues atm? :)

also another issue is I cant make the dragable rail curve now is this related to the new instalation? as I dont use RRW.

edit: I just find some problem in the QC pieces where it doesnt show the piece after all:

mgb204

Quote from: Nanami on January 09, 2016, 03:41:41 AM
Hi, just installed NAM34 today which I upgraded from NAM31.2, and basically it runs well in my LHD game though I found these pathing bug in 7.5m avenue overpass:

I use the modular (puzzle) in the instalation that because the japanese overpass mod I use not working in dragable one. I've try to use it without the mod but it still not working. any possible solution for LHD issues atm? :)

I've just checked those pieces, indeed there are problems with L1 Ave over Ave, Street and L1 Ave over Ave intersections. Normally I'd just fix the paths and attach them here, but I can't understand why they are not working. Only paths including Rail usually need specific LHD paths, these pieces should simply mirror the existing paths. I've double-checked and all the RHD paths are fine. Rest assured it will be fixed though.

mesaman87

So I have a very big problem concerning the RHW. The menu for the height transitions is completely gone from my game. This happened when I downloaded NAM 33, but now that this menu for these pieces isn't showing up for me in NAM 34, I'm kinda concerned. Any solutions to fix this?

APSMS

Quote from: mesaman87 on January 09, 2016, 11:16:38 AM
So I have a very big problem concerning the RHW. The menu for the height transitions is completely gone from my game. This happened when I downloaded NAM 33, but now that this menu for these pieces isn't showing up for me in NAM 34, I'm kinda concerned. Any solutions to fix this?
Hi mesaman87,
Chances are that you didn't check the box to include legacy puzzle piece height transitions (under Custom Installation).

You can either re-run the installer and tick the appropriate box, or start using the FLEX Height transitions, as the old puzzle pieces are deprecated, and will eventually be removed.

It's worth noting that the FLEX transitions support every single RHW network for levels 1 and 2 (7.5m and 15m), whereas the old PPs only support single-tile RHW networks.
Experience is something you don't get until just after you need it.

My Mayor Diary San Diego: A Reinterpretation

Fingolfin

I've got a question about textures. I realized that when you use El-Rail over road 4 the texture being loaded for the sidewalk is in the file "mipmaps_sidewalks.dat" contained in NAM/El Rail/El Rail over avenue networks/z_mipmaps. There are three textures, wealth dependant I suppose, numbered 0x0810000A, 0x0820000A, 0x0830000A. I replaced the 3 of them with my own sandstone textures, deleted the original .dat file and place my own with the exact same name.

Now, when I use the piece in the game the sidewalks do not appear and I see some red and blue colours where it was supposed to be. Does someone know why this is happening? I have replaced almost every ingame texture to Paeng's Sandstone, but this one is resisting...

Regards.

mgb204

Quote from: Fingolfin on January 10, 2016, 12:25:34 PM
Now, when I use the piece in the game the sidewalks do not appear and I see some red and blue colours where it was supposed to be. Does someone know why this is happening? I have replaced almost every ingame texture to Paeng's Sandstone, but this one is resisting...

I hope you didn't make too many textures, I have a very complete setup for Paeng's Sandstone here.

Firstly, replace the NAM file, even if it only contains textures, you are making life harder by replacing instead of overriding the NAM files.

Secondly, from my repository, it seems you need two additional $$ textures:

0x582630FE
  0x582638FE

Thirdly, if you are missing anything, let me know, I'm bound to have them or be able to locate IDs in seconds. I ran into many issues, but excluding RHW have a full customised repository for sidewalks.

If you aren't using it already, check out my Sandstone Euro NAM mod. Soon to be updated massively including US support. Alternately, download a preview of my Sidewalk NAM project automated repository. Then you can run a complete set with a couple of clicks for yourself or just have every sidewalk NAM texture with ID's easily to hand.

Fingolfin

Thanks for your fast reply.
Your mod looks brilliant, and I see your El-Rail over road 4 works good with sandstone. So I think I'll just use it.

Just out of curiosity, when I tried creating texture to replace 0x582630FE and 0x582638FE, SC4 tool said those were the wrong IDs. I checked both the "disregard..." and the other checkbox. Do you know why this could be?