• Welcome to SC4 Devotion Forum Archives.

POST HERE If you cannot access the LEX

Started by jeronij, January 20, 2007, 02:26:47 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Tarkus

s1e9r8s3c, I manually activated your account back on the 24th.  Is there something else with the account that isn't working?  Let me know and I'll get to the bottom of it.

-Alex

Grizzly

@Tarkus I'd like to PM you my mail adress for a password reset of the LEX if it's ok? I dont know the username and I do not receive a mail via the password recovery.

Tarkus

Grizzly, as an Admin, I am able to see the email address with which you have on file for your forum registration.  Assuming that email is the correct one, I have found a LEX account associated with it, and will send you a PM in just a moment.

-Alex

dannyd1993

Hello. It's been a few years since I logged in to the LEX. I have forgotten my password. The forgot password link isn't sending me an email, nor is the webmaster. The email I use here is still valid. Thanks.

Tarkus

dannyd1993, I've just manually reset your password.  The details should be in your Private Messages box now.

For general reference, since the mail server seems to be skipping out on many password requests and account activation emails, the quickest way to have one processed is via this thread, as the active portion of the staff will see it and respond, typically within 48 hours (and often sooner).  Due to real life commitments outside of the site, the webmaster/site owner typically only steps in when there's an emergency or major technical change that requires his assistance.  He has largely left daily operations of the forum and LEX in the charge of the Admins and Global Moderators.

-Alex

Tarkus

dmvern, I've manually activated your account--you should be able to log onto the exchange now.

-Alex

dmvern

Quote from: Tarkus on September 09, 2018, 04:26:00 PM
dmvern, I've manually activated your account--you should be able to log onto the exchange now.

-Alex

it worked, thanks so much

Nojus_A

Hello
I have a problem with my registrion...i cannot confirm my registrtion...
When I open the confirmation link the page loads with the following error

Forbidden
You don't have permission to access /csxlex/lex_userreg.php on this server.
Additionally, a 403 Forbidden error was encountered while trying to use an ErrorDocument to handle the request.

Thanks for your help

knudstender

Hi there
I might be over50 and from Denmark butb i dont seeme to succed with signing up for the lex.

Would apreciate some help. i just love this game.

Tarkus

I do actually see an active account here for you under the email address you have provided for forum registration, so it does appear you did indeed succeed in signing up for the LEX at some point.  I'll send you the account details via private message (PM).

-Alex

Nojus_A

Tarkus

Quote from: Nojus_A on September 25, 2018, 08:54:28 AM
ok thanks

Actually, I was responding to knudstender, and somehow missed your post above it, in my dazed state from having just finished a 12-hour graveyard shift at work.  Apologies for that.  I've found your account as well, and have manually activated it.

-Alex

SiMTL

Hi, I'm having trouble with the confirmation link sent by mail. Do not seems to work. i would love to acces the LEX. Thanks!

Tarkus

SiMTL, I've just manually activated the account associated with the email you used to register on the forums.

-Alex

MateGamerHUN

I cannot comfirm my email in lex, the confirmation link was a 403-forbidden link.
(email:REMOVED)

Tarkus

Hi MateGamerHUN-

I've just manually activated your account, so it should be good to go now.  Also, I'm removing your email from your post, as I don't want to see you get bombarded by spambots.

-Alex

Timvh1

Hi. May I ask why your site never remembers' usernames and passwords of non-regular visitors? Once again I've been forced to create a new account and/or change my login info due to this glaring issue that has plagued this site since it was founded. The fourth time wasn't even a year ago.

Apparently (according to the login error) my previous account, including username, login info and even my email address, no longer exists. Yet, when I try to set up a new account, suddenly my username, password and email is already in use, completely contradicting the error. This is an extremely frustrating issue, which should have been addressed years ago. How do I reset my password?

Please, do something to fix your login system, so that people aren't being constantly forced to change their login info, or worse, create new accounts to replace those that have become inaccessible due to this major glitch in your system. Please help. Thank you.

Tarkus

Timvh1, sorry to hear of your difficulties in returning to the LEX.  I was able to find your LEX account almost instantly by searching on the admin panel for the email you have on file for your forum account, so the database does not seem to have forgotten it.  There have been ongoing issues with the password reset system, which seem to be related to the site's mail server.  The mail server, to my knowledge, would be something that would require our webhost's assistance . . . something which they haven't been great about in recent times (they bungled the PHP upgrade we needed to switch the forums over to HTTPS quite badly).

The solution, most likely, is going to be switching webhosts.  Our site owner/webmaster isn't active in the day-to-day operations of the site, but does handle the big decisions such as that when required.  He has been looking at making such a move, but unfortunately, I don't know just when that would occur. 

In the meanwhile, I have gone ahead and manually reset the password on your LEX account, and the details will arrive by PM in just a moment.  I'll see to it that the issues with the password reset are a bit better publicized, and redirect everyone here, where I can deal with the requests in a much more reliable and timely manner than our pathetic mail server.

-Alex

scd987100

After a long time, I would like to login on LEX, but I have forgotten both my user name and password. Would you like to reset my LEX account so that I can get a new password? My email address for LEX is the one which I use for signing in on this forum.