• Welcome to SC4 Devotion Forum Archives.

Fantozzi's Lotting Adventures

Started by fantozzi, March 01, 2018, 06:14:08 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Andreas

In German, it would be called a "Weiher", which is somewhere in between a pond (which is often man-made) and a lake. Anyway, those pieces look pretty nice, surely a lovely addition to the existing sets. Flattering background story as well, I like the idea with those SFBT artifacts. ;)
Andreas

fantozzi

Hey! I grew up in Black Forrescht - where everything that exceeds the dimensions of a bath tube is called "lake" (https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Mummelsee). :P

Apart from that, me, personally - if I can fish there, I'd call it water. And if you call it pond or lake or puddle, I'm fine with - as long as you don't force me to drink it and pour me my wine instead.

@ mrbisonm - do you have a rowing club house on your pond and an annual regatta? I guess, I have to put some props there first to make the pond a lake ... ::)

mattb325

I like the idea of expanding the paeng path set to include diggis' water pieces: well done on the lotting so far  :thumbsup:

brick_mortimer

I love Digis' Water, both the pond and the river sets.
Glad you're doing new things with it  :)

Quote from: fantozzi on March 12, 2018, 12:28:10 PM
Hey! I grew up in Black Forrescht - where everything that exceeds the dimensions of a bath tube is called "lake"
Same in here Belgium where we have places like Rotselaar "Lake"*:

Seeing Lake Michigan for the first time was a shock  :D

*there aren't enough " " 's in the world to put around the word Lake in this case :P
Busier than a one legged man in an ass kicking contest
Me no coffee function without so good

fantozzi

Lake Andreas, western part - annual cycle.

mrbisonm

Quote from: fantozzi on March 12, 2018, 12:28:10 PM
Hey! I grew up in Black Forrescht - where everything that exceeds the dimensions of a bath tube is called "lake" (https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Mummelsee). :P

Apart from that, me, personally - if I can fish there, I'd call it water. And if you call it pond or lake or puddle, I'm fine with - as long as you don't force me to drink it and pour me my wine instead.

@ mrbisonm - do you have a rowing club house on your pond and an annual regatta? I guess, I have to put some props there first to make the pond a lake ... ::)

From Wiki: One definition of lake is a body of water of 2 hectares (5 acres) or more in area;[5]:331[6] however, others[who?] have defined lakes as waterbodies of 5 hectares (12 acres) and above,[citation needed] or 8 hectares (20 acres) and above [7] ....

In the Eiffel this size is called a Pond (Weiher or Grosser Teich in German), so it is here in Canada, even if we have lakes that we could drown Germany in them.
No I don't have a regata nor a clubhouse on my pond, but I surely have room for it (see pic below).....lol.....Anyway call it what you want, I only made my opinion on Ponds and Lakes. Your lot looks great, no doubt  :thumbsup:, although too small for me to use it, since most of my regions are as close to reality as possible, even if they are sci-fi.
Nice LOTting, fantozzi!

Fred

My ponds, my summer home in the circle, some kind of a weekend home (chalet for visitors, Besuch von Deutschland) on the first pond (2.5 acres...maybe a little over 1.5 ha) The other two are bigger and all are connected....and all 3 are Ponds. ;) lol

....Uploading the MFP 1.... (.........Finishing the MFP1)

fantozzi

Quote from: mrbisonm on March 13, 2018, 10:51:00 AM
Your lot looks great, no doubt  :thumbsup:, although too small for me to use it, since most of my regions are as close to reality as possible, even if they are sci-fi.

So what should I exactly change so you can use it?

Andreas

Uh, make it larger? :P
Andreas

fantozzi

Oh, sorry, maybe I didn't explain that well - it was in the first post - but this is based on Diggis' stream and pond sets. The lake shown consists of 3 separate lots and it's the minimal size (you can't make it smaller, but ...

now ...  &Thk/( ... by putting Diggs' puzzle pieces in between you can make it as large as you want.

These are nothing else than starter/puzzle pieces on a larger scale to integrate diggs streams/ponds into my Big Paeng Theory or Paengs Park Revisited. Hopefully this become as flexible you can plaster your entire city tile with it if you want.

fantozzi

Closeup of the east end:

mrbisonm

Quote from: fantozzi on March 13, 2018, 03:57:28 PM
Quote from: mrbisonm on March 13, 2018, 10:51:00 AM
Your lot looks great, no doubt  :thumbsup:, although too small for me to use it, since most of my regions are as close to reality as possible, even if they are sci-fi.

So what should I exactly change so you can use it?

Wait a minute.(reading the first post that wasn't clear to me)...you say this lot is actually made with 3 different lots? If so, then we would be able to use blank Paeng watertile lots to expand the "in-betweens" to whatever suits us? Now that sounds a lot better than I thought. These are then somewhat of add ons and not an independant lot.........  &mmm  :thumbsup:

Fred

....Uploading the MFP 1.... (.........Finishing the MFP1)

fantozzi

F.e.: drop the lot with the bridge and put something else in between east end and west end.

fantozzi

So here's an overview of what else you could do, from left to right: Lake Andreas eastern part V1, alternative Bridge (Lovers Bridge 2), Lake Andreas western part V2, Lake Andreas eastern part V1 (flipped).

Note: apart from eastern part of Lake Andreas all lots are still unfinished.

Hope you enjoy.

[EDIT: sorry for the many spelling errors]

Tyberius06

Oh really nice work here! :) I like the timed/seasonal props! :)
Thank you for doing this!  :)
You may find updates about my ongoing projects into my development thread here at SimCity 4 Devotion: Tyberius Lotting Experiments
or over there on Simtropolis into the Tyberius (Heretic Projects) Lotting and Modding Experiments.
I'm also member of the STEX Custodian and working on different restoration projects on behalf of non-anymore-active custom content creators.
Current projects: WMP Restoration and SimCity Polska Restoration.
Member of the NAM Team and RTMT Team.

fantozzi

In a post above, I wrote, you can't make it smaller. That's not entirely correct. You can take only one of the lots and close the open part with some of Diggi's puzzle pieces or connect a stream etc.

Now, there's a smal problem, I could need some advice.

Unfortunately the 1x1 and 2x2 water pieces by diggis are non-overhanging props and you can't put mmps on them (while on other of his puzzle pieces it (partially works).

Should I create viariants of Diggis 1x1 and 2x2 water tiles with a) a single prop familiy on it - so you can add some random action to your self created ponds? b) - Or should I create different varaintes with 'specialized' prop families - one for dinghies, one for the kayaks, the rubber boats etc ...? 

Thank you

[EDITED - after Tyberius' post]

Tyberius06

@fantozzi
But on the WMP page there is a bunch of MMP from the rowing props... I mean the boats and sculls etc... They've been made for a long time.
WMP Rowing Boats MMP by DocRorlach (WMP)
These are MMPs, I tested them. There are two groups: one for the sculls and one for the others.

I hope it helps, although I don't know the answere for the first question.

- Tyberius
You may find updates about my ongoing projects into my development thread here at SimCity 4 Devotion: Tyberius Lotting Experiments
or over there on Simtropolis into the Tyberius (Heretic Projects) Lotting and Modding Experiments.
I'm also member of the STEX Custodian and working on different restoration projects on behalf of non-anymore-active custom content creators.
Current projects: WMP Restoration and SimCity Polska Restoration.
Member of the NAM Team and RTMT Team.

fantozzi

Oh, many thanks.  :thumbsup: Shure it helps - so I can recommend this as an additional download.

Been a hundred times on that site and I missed it.  &ops

I edited my post above to avoid confusion.

fantozzi

Lake Andreas, western part variant 2 (early summer), lotted:

evarburg

Quote from: fantozzi on March 17, 2018, 12:09:26 AM
Lake Andreas, western part variant 2 (early summer), lotted:

Ah, so very nice, so much better than my fledgling attempt at doing this last year !It makes me want to revisit it --  I'd made a country version and an urban version, but was unhappy with the urban version, because I didn't know how to add a pedestrian path to it. Now I know how. Maybe I'll do it with the shingle set, to complement yours. We'll compare notes. :D

fantozzi

Lake Andreas, eastern part, a second, smaller version: without inflow but a small barbecuing area and a hut.

[EDIT]

So 4 parts put together with some additional paeng park pieces and mmp could look like this:

Pieces used from top to bottom_ Lake Andreas East A, Lake Andreas Bridge A, Lake Andreas West B and Lake Andreas Est B.