• Welcome to SC4 Devotion Forum Archives.

Strange gaps in edges in SC4 region view on terraformed map

Started by Tomcat84, August 08, 2008, 04:49:20 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Tomcat84

Quite a long subject there but o well

Getting back into SC4 and inspired by all the gorgeous work i see on here.

So now trying to terraform my own little map to start on and I have started out, except in the region view in SC4 it shows weird gaps at the bottom border of each region like so:

I think I have done everything the way I should, config file is OK. But ?? Border linking highways etc does work despite the gap (the gap is not visible at all in either city, only in region view).

Strange thing, if i delete a city (and the whole terrain is erased flat), then that part hooks up to the one under it and its border is fine. If i start using god mode to change that one's terrain again (in SC4 itself) it goes back to showing a gap. Maxis suplied maps look fine and have no problems

It's not a showstopper but i would like it if my region view would be complete!

Anyone ever see this before? or have any clue what i could be doing wrong? I also tried importing someone elses map and it has the same issues as this. So i dont think it is actually the terraforming program but something that im doing wrong in the creating of a region?

I did:

-folder
-config.bmp
-open region in SC4T
-import the image
-save it
-close SC4T
-open SC4
-open a city part
-save and back to region view
-theres the gap!

girlfromverona

Check this thread out - it sounds like it might be the problem you're having:

http://sc4devotion.com/forums/index.php?topic=3510.0

Hope this helps!

Tomcat84

Thank you so much!

I tried searching, honest, but I didnt think to search in that forum (i hadnt seen it)  :'(

Thank you for pointing me to the thread and not telling me to "use the search, noob" ;)

Anyway i was indeed also playing at 1920x1200. Using 1680x1050 fixes it... But you have to go into the city and save back to the region to get it to disappear, initially the gap will still be there.

So if i want to make region screenshots i'll switch resolution now.

Thank you!!

girlfromverona

Shadow Assassin

This problem only occurs at resolutions 1600x1200 and higher.

It doesn't occur at 1680x1050 because its vertical resolution is lower than 1200. I think it's just a bug in the game that Maxis never got around to fixing. It doesn't affect gameplay luckily.
New Horizons Productions
Berethor ♦ beskhu3epnm ♦ blade2k5 ♦ dedgren ♦ dmscopio ♦ Ennedi
emilin ♦ Heblem ♦ jplumbley ♦ moganite ♦ M4346 ♦ papab2000
Shadow Assassin ♦ Tarkus ♦ wouanagaine
See my uploads on the LEX!