• Welcome to SC4 Devotion Forum Archives.

iLives Reader 1.x Official support thread

Started by ilive, March 16, 2010, 08:37:56 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Shadow Assassin

The alt+click function acts a little strange sometimes, sometimes it opens up the Exemplar Analyser (which, by the way, offers no option to close that window... can this be fixed?).

The preview function doesn't work properly if there isn't a tab already open - it might be a good idea to add a tab in there with some text or whatever, with the file's properties, or whatever.
New Horizons Productions
Berethor ♦ beskhu3epnm ♦ blade2k5 ♦ dedgren ♦ dmscopio ♦ Ennedi
emilin ♦ Heblem ♦ jplumbley ♦ moganite ♦ M4346 ♦ papab2000
Shadow Assassin ♦ Tarkus ♦ wouanagaine
See my uploads on the LEX!

ilive

@ScottFTL : do you have the problem on any DAT file ?
@Shadow Assassin: preview tab should be always present. When you open a new tab, it displays the welcome message. Do you have this screen when you open a DAT file ? How do you close all tabs ?

thanks for your help

ScottFTL

Quote from: ilive on March 22, 2010, 12:54:07 AM
@ScottFTL : do you have the problem on any DAT file ?

Yes, I tried many DAT files and have the problem on all of them.

Xyloxadoria

For me reader isnt even starting at all. Im getting a error that says
"Application failed to start becsue the application cofiguration is incorrect"

I have created no reader.ini yet. I am on windows XP Professional with Service pack 3. and i have the extra dll installed.

I do not know what is casuing the error prehaps you might have a clue?

Shadow Assassin

Quote from: ilive on March 22, 2010, 12:54:07 AM
@Shadow Assassin: preview tab should be always present. When you open a new tab, it displays the welcome message. Do you have this screen when you open a DAT file ? How do you close all tabs ?

thanks for your help

No text appears, it's just a blank window. No text, nothing. It's a little bit strange and I'm not sure if there's a setting in the Reader that actually affects that.
New Horizons Productions
Berethor ♦ beskhu3epnm ♦ blade2k5 ♦ dedgren ♦ dmscopio ♦ Ennedi
emilin ♦ Heblem ♦ jplumbley ♦ moganite ♦ M4346 ♦ papab2000
Shadow Assassin ♦ Tarkus ♦ wouanagaine
See my uploads on the LEX!

ilive

Quote from: Shadow Assassin on March 23, 2010, 12:35:01 AM
No text appears, it's just a blank window. No text, nothing. It's a little bit strange and I'm not sure if there's a setting in the Reader that actually affects that.

argghhhhhh..... I remove my settings in the registry and I got the same error...
I'm fixing right now

EDIT : a new version is uploaded (1.0.1a) that should fix the problem

@Xyloxadoria : are you sure you have downloaded Microsoft Visual C++ 2008 SP1 and not Microsoft Visual C++ 2008 ?

Jack_wilds

Hello iLive, Jack wilds here...

Wish to extend a hearty welcome back and the launch of a new 'reader'...

However, I am also experiencing a few hang-ups... getting an error dialog:

c:\Program Files\Ilives\Reader093\Reader.exe

"The application has failed to start because its side-by-side configuration is incorrect. Please see application event log for more detail"

Note:

The latest Reader vr 1.01a is in the folder Reader093 as I had removed that version prior to latest version placement...

Also I have the latest C++ 2008 sp1 needed... installed properly according to vista...

There isn't an event log to be found...

The previous version worked good for the most part, opening and closing and functioning ok without any apparent trouble... hoping that the new version would have made a few things simpler -wishes expressed in the Reader request thread,

Thank-you for new reader and any help that maybe found

Jack

Pat

HI Ilive its great to see you around also working on the reader again... I will have to give the new reader a go for sure....

Don't forget the SC4D Podcast is back and live on Saturdays @ 12 noon CST!! -- The Podcast soon to Return Here Linkie

gizmo28

I've downloaded the latest version and now i can't get it to run at all. All i get is error box saying its side by side configuration is incorrect, and this message in the event viewer:

Activation context generation failed for "C:\Users\GIZMO\Desktop\New folder\Reader.exe". Dependent Assembly Microsoft.VC90.DebugCRT,processorArchitecture="x86",publicKeyToken="1fc8b3b9a1e18e3b",type="win32",version="9.0.21022.8" could not be found. Please use sxstrace.exe for detailed diagnosis.

I've attached a image of the installed Redistibutable packages i have on my pc, runiing windows 7, 32 bit.

ilive

I'm really sorry... I linked the executable to a debug library and that's why you were not able to run the Reader.

I'm uploaded the 1.0.1b version that fixes this problem

Jack_wilds

Hello Ilive, Jack wilds here...

Reader 1.0.1b works to opening the reader and able to access most of the menus... it appears to be working ok so far  &apls  :thumbsup:

Thank-you  :) ... is there an 'owners manual' that someone maybe making or has made?

Jack

superhands

I'm not sure if it's been mentioned or it's in the pipeline already, but just a small request.

when applying textures onto models in the s3d window, is it possible to make reader search the plugins folder for the required custom texture? in the same way it loads the maxis textures in which it doesn't require them to be in the same dat?    maybe make it optional so that override textures (that are the same TGI) in plug-ins aren't confused with maxis's.

thanks
-dave

null45

Will you be releasing the source code?   

Jonathan

QuoteAdd option to define the search order (current dat/simcity dat/plugins dat) when looking for entry by T/G/I
What does the search order do exactly?

Another bug I found, if you right click on a file and use one of the options there (such as Save file) it will save the file and close the right click menu but after the right click menu has closed then another menu pops up with docking, auto hide and hide options for the Entries panel.

Also the reader crashes when using the texture viewer, eg clicking on road will make it crash.
If this means anything to you this is what it says:
QuoteUnhandled exception at 0x00414a90 in Reader.exe: 0xC0000005: Access violation reading location 0x00000054.

Also would there be any chance of being able to search FSH files by a TGI range and seeing the results like the texture viewer shows them. Kind of like a custom view in the texture viewer.

Thanks so much for all the development so far and I'm looking forward to looking at the Reader scripts when I get on holiday later this week.

Jonathan

ilive

Quote from: Jonathan on March 29, 2010, 11:33:01 AM
What does the search order do exactly?

it defines the order of the search when looking for an entry using TGI. By default, it searches in the opened dat, then simcity dat (simcity1.dat ...) then plugins dat. So you can change the order to search in plugins dat before simcity dats for example.
About the popup menu, I also have the same bug... and I don't know why ;) I didn't spend a lot of time to find the reason... I will take a look on the crash

Jonathan

So it will now let you have a S3D in one file and it's texture in another and the S3D will find it and display it, like it does for the textures in the Maxis dats?

Jonathan

mtg

QuoteSo it will now let you have a S3D in one file and it's texture in another and the S3D will find it and display it, like it does for the textures in the Maxis dats?

That would be nice!

RippleJet

I hope it doesn't look for any matching IID,
but only for those having either of the two Group ID's, which would appear in the game...

Quote from: RippleJet on March 08, 2010, 02:40:15 PM
In the game, SC4 is looking for S3D Materials (FSH files) having only either of two Group ID's:

1. A material having a Group ID of 0x1ABE787D
   2. A material having the same Group ID as the S3D file

Jonathan

Tage is there are 2 textures with the same IID but different possible GIDs which texture will actually show up? What is the preference/order I mean?

RippleJet

Quote from: Jonathan on March 29, 2010, 01:15:25 PM
What is the preference/order I mean?

In the order listed above... 1 and 2.

That is why ingame textures (having a GID of 0x1ABE787D) can intefere with custom bats, unless you're using the modelnames.ms script while rendering.

EDIT:
This reply of mine wasn't very coherent... ::)

The order of preference is that any texture found with GID = 0x1ABE787D would take preference.
Even if a texture with the same GID as the S3D model would exist, that one is superseded by one with GID = 0x1ABE787D.