• Welcome to SC4 Devotion Forum Archives.

Simmer's Lotting Lab.

Started by Simmer2, December 11, 2015, 07:24:45 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Simmer2

Thank you Tibi, Seaman and Papa-J

Hello Andreas, you are partially right. I wanted to have a visual impact with the actual transformer. At first I did the little white power inverter box but it looked too nondescript so I change it to an actual step up transformer. There are solar power plants with full transformers and attached power lines.  I bet if I would have shown the nondescript white box inverter, some one would have said something negative as well.

Here are both examples.
With step up transformer... (you can clearly see the solar panels field in the background)

With the nondescript white box power inverter.

As you can see, on the top picture, the field with the utility trailer/transformer is somewhat more interesting from a technical/visual stand point.

Simmer2

________________________________________________________________________________

Andreas

I see what you mean with the "visual impact", and yeah, if you want to plop them like the in-game power plants, the inverter box alone might look a little too bland alright. I like Seaman's suggestion with the modular approach, maybe the transformer could be an individual lot, and then you add more and more solar panels while your city is developing. It would be a little silly to have a row with 10 solar plants, each of them with a big transformer building, but one or two transformer lots next to each other, and a large array of solar panels with the occasional inverter box would look quite cool. :)
Andreas

Simmer2

Quote from: Andreas on August 28, 2018, 01:32:56 PM
I see what you mean with the "visual impact", and yeah, if you want to plop them like the in-game power plants, the inverter box alone might look a little too bland alright. I like Seaman's suggestion with the modular approach, maybe the transformer could be an individual lot, and then you add more and more solar panels while your city is developing. It would be a little silly to have a row with 10 solar plants, each of them with a big transformer building, but one or two transformer lots next to each other, and a large array of solar panels with the occasional inverter box would look quite cool. :)

Aye, that is the plan. That's why I made the panels individually, what you see in my lot are actually dozens of individual panel. I made them perfectly stackable (side by side), with the LOD being exactly 8m. Therefore smaller lots can be added to make bigger assemblies. The lot shown is for players on easy mode  ;)

100 power units (game units) per panel should suffice. I was thinking of making 1 1x1 lot with 4 panels each thus 400 power units per set, with a custom seamless base texture and maybe make another lot as a 2x2 with 16 panels to make it easier to assemble larger plants.

I will keep the above lot, for the "plop and run" crowd but also make a utility/transformer lot as a starting point for a larger plant.

Nick
________________________________________________________________________________

Tyberius06

I wish if we would have some modding option to make it efficiently growable... I guess for custom cities it can be done with maxis and other industrial blockers, but I'm not sure about details just came into my mind as an experiment. Or maybe it's totally impossible... Anyway.
The modular field is a great idea. :)
You may find updates about my ongoing projects into my development thread here at SimCity 4 Devotion: Tyberius Lotting Experiments
or over there on Simtropolis into the Tyberius (Heretic Projects) Lotting and Modding Experiments.
I'm also member of the STEX Custodian and working on different restoration projects on behalf of non-anymore-active custom content creators.
Current projects: WMP Restoration and SimCity Polska Restoration.
Member of the NAM Team and RTMT Team.

Simmer2

A few tweaks here and there et voila'...SM2 Modular Solar Power Plant
With this set you can make any size or shape solar power plant you wish.

Before anybody asks, I also made a diagonal panel model not shown here. In order to make a diagonal power plant there are quite a few models I would have to make therefore for now I will just include a single diagonal model in the prop pack.

Here are the basic 3 components.

..and here they are at work!

Simmer2

AsimPika3172

Nice solar panel!  &apls &apls &apls
I loves Sim City forever!

PaPa-J

Very nice indeed!  Great work!
Lighten up, just enjoy life,
smile more, laugh more,
and don't get so worked up
about things.

Andreas

Now that looks like a proper solar power plant! :) Thanks for the modular approach, now one can create realistic solar power plants alright.
Andreas

Seaman

Great job, Simmer2! Here we are, just a day later. It looks awesome and I like both, the modular and the ready to go plants. I can definetly use both versions in my cities. Thx for picking up the idea (and improving it! haven't thought about diagonals... yet).

This will fit perfectly in those weird shaped abandonned areas like old rail depos etc., which recently have been turned into solar power plants, here in Germany.

Simmer2

Thank you everyone!

SM2 Roundabout Sculptures Set is now online here http://sc4devotion.com/csxlex/lex_filedesc.php?lotGET=3642

This pack consists of 7 different roundabout sculptures. To be plopped in your 2X2 NAM roundabouts.
Custom base textures included.

They each give 4000 CAP relief to R$ - R$$ - R$$$
You also get a substantial park and landmark effect. You will find them in the park menu.

NO Dependencies.

Simmer2

Lot List as been amended http://sc4devotion.com/forums/index.php?topic=18198.0

AsimPika3172

Yabedabedu!!! Is roundabout time! YEAH!  :bnn: :bnn: :bnn: &apls &apls &apls :thumbsup: :thumbsup: :thumbsup:
I loves Sim City forever!

Simmer2

I forgot to mention that it is "animated"....

Simmer2

Tyberius06

Wooow... That is some serious stuff...! :)
The "animation" looks awesome!

- Tyberius
You may find updates about my ongoing projects into my development thread here at SimCity 4 Devotion: Tyberius Lotting Experiments
or over there on Simtropolis into the Tyberius (Heretic Projects) Lotting and Modding Experiments.
I'm also member of the STEX Custodian and working on different restoration projects on behalf of non-anymore-active custom content creators.

Simmer2

To complement my Breakwater Concrete Blocks...

Real Tetrapods coming soon!

Simmer2

Simmer2

Thanks for the likes!

This one is for a special project :)

Hey Tibi! Need I say more? ;)

Btw, the base texture is not baked....

Simmer2

belfastsocrates

^^

Love that! I just have to pull up all my existing GLR and replace now :D

My only suggestion would be for some more ticketing machines and benches
A unique nation fusing technological prowess and unparalleled grandeur

"Anyone who lives within their means suffers from a lack of imagination" - Oscar Wilde

Tyberius06

Ohohoho!!!! Thank you very much!   &apls &apls &apls &apls
So now I put a hold on that station! :) Beautiful work, Nick! I love it!  :thumbsup:

Thanks a lot! :)

- Tyberius06 (Tibi)

P.S: Ticketing machines are great idea, I actually use RDQ Parking ticketing machines or Was Parking ticketing machines (Was NL or Dutch Prop Pack) for that purpose. (On the above picture you can see RDQ's ones at the top of the long platforms.)

Simmer2

Ticket and vending machines are included...

I designed this 1x3 station as an overhanging. Therefore it can be used for other rail transportation networks.

Works as intended!

Simmer2

noahclem

That's some beautiful work you've been up to  &apls &apls  The station, the caltrops, and the solar farm are are outstanding looking. One thought on the station though: will those platforms accommodate RRW-width/guage trains?

Simmer2

Quote from: noahclem on September 03, 2018, 12:15:12 PM
That's some beautiful work you've been up to  &apls &apls  The station, the caltrops, and the solar farm are are outstanding looking. One thought on the station though: will those platforms accommodate RRW-width/guage trains?

Hello Noa
"I designed this 1x3 station as an overhanging. Therefore it can be used for other rail transportation networks" ^^^^
I made the plantfroms...omni-.

So yes sir. Lookie here...

Nick