• Welcome to SC4 Devotion Forum Archives.

AC General Support Thread

Started by Voltaire, December 20, 2007, 09:14:15 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Voltaire

Has your custom airport "gone tech"? Here is the spot to seek support and pose technical questions about AC members' releases.

We make every effort to produce content without errors, via careful design and thorough testing. However we realise that some details may go overlooked -- here's the place to give us a shout.

Help Us Help You. Please be specific and give details.

For best results, it is very helpful to know your hardware and SC4 specs, including official Maxis updates. Also a list of installed airport packs, even if you're not using them anymore. Remember, everything in both Plugins folders is loaded by the game, every time you start it.

Whenever possible please post a screenshot of the problem in action -- pictures really are worth a thousand words.

______   F  L  Y    A  C    J  E  T  S   ______
The finest SimCity Aviation LOTs BATs and MODs

Pat

Voltaire Welcome to devotions and what a wonderful support you are offering here!!! I havent had any troubles at all to speak but wanted to thank you for your hard work...

Don't forget the SC4D Podcast is back and live on Saturdays @ 12 noon CST!! -- The Podcast soon to Return Here Linkie

BigSlark

Welcome AC! You all do amazing work and I'm glad to see you here.

Cheers,
Kevin

rooker1

I would also like to welcome you all.  This is great to see a forum open here for you guys.  I can't wait to see what you have for us.

Merry Christmas/Happy Holidays

Robin  :thumbsup:
Call me Robin, please.

sebes

Airports are my favorites - so a big welcome from me ==>   &dance
Check my MD:               
Rhenen,NN

suplado!

wow cool -- really like those airport releases!! anyway -- i have one question!? would you release a separate 747 and other aircraft from their gates, which we can be used as props?!

Ennedi

Welcome AC! Your airport lots and props are one of the best parts of the SC4 custom stuff! Some of these lots can be used outside of airports too with great effects  ;D

I should rather use helipads or make a Harrier base in my current mountainous region  :D but there will be new region and new cities  :)
I'm a big fan of airports too, thank you for opening this forum!
New Horizons Productions
Berethor - beskhu3epnm - blade2k5 - dmscopio - dedgren - Emilin - Ennedi
jplumbley - moganite - M4346 - nichter85 - papab2000 - Shadow Assassin - Tarkus - wouanagaine

Swesim

To keep to the topic I have a question:

I´m missing the jetway from the terminal to the plane here, any clues to what might be wrong?
As You can see in the pic the jetways to the CRJs works fine, so I suspect something fishy with the 707 lot...
Unfortunately I can´t check the lot in LE at the moment as I´m writing this at work.

I am using a Maxispatched version of Rush Hour and have only the AC/RMIP airport packs and Cds Islandair seaplane base (although not used) installed in my plugins.
My Pc consists of 2GB RAM and XP SP2 with 512MB Geforce graphics.
I use the SFBT Startup manager but not the Datpacker (yet).

Thankful for any help You might be able to offer.

Xiziz

Swesim: Jag tar det på Engelska, om någon annan skulle ha samma problem;

Okay, quick rundown:
Lotname: ACB_New707Gate_SingleJetway_Small
Missing Prop: 0x3167bdb3 --- SmJetway

So the missing files are:
SmJetway-0x5ad0e817_0x70bed2b5_0xe0000.SC4Model
SmJetway-0x6534284a-0x70bed2b5-0x3167bdb3.SC4Desc

Both of these are included in ACE Modular Airport Base Pack. However this set was superseeded by the later packages, but are ofc still useful, i still have this package installed. im not sure if the models come with any other package, but you can allways just keep the .SC4Model & .SC4Desc files and the lots will function correctly.
The CRJ's and 747's have the jetways attached to the fuselage to make for a very tight fit, which looks better than the jetways hanging off far from the jets. But (probably for the same reason, the sweet SAS MD80) one still wants to use the Automata planes sometimes so the only real option is to use the older parts aswell(atleast untill there are enough high detail planes availible, then you will only need automata for the planes flying around your city/region)

Also i noticed that you might want to adjust your shadowsettings. id recomend playing the game with them on the lowest setting(non existant more or less) and when taking pictures to bump it up to high, that way youll avoid the shadowbug under all the props.

Hope this helped.

Swesim

Thanx for the advice Xiziz, I never dl´d the base pack as it said that it had been superseeded...  &mmm
I´ll try to download it and see what happens.
As for the horrid shadows I saw in another thread somewhere to keep them to maximum, so I did all the time, but I guess it might be better not to considering the obvious side effects...

OscarOscar

Somebody has the Heathrow Airport?

Because I want to have it, and I wish to take some ideas from it to make my own airport.

Thank you

RLS09

so i have downloaded some of those airplane prop packs, made by tabi, but when i use the standard lot editor i can't put them at a jetway. that is to say if i want to do that i think i have to replace the model i currently have in place. does this sound right or is there something that im missing in the big picture?

Couchpotato

I uploaded two 747 model planes in 3ds format that might help you.   If you need any other airport type of planes or trucks, please post here.

Starmanw402007

Are u guys going to be make Airplane Packs? Such as, those 747s, 737s etc? and also Delta,Southwest Airlines,British Airways etc? Just Curious probably a crazy question to ask. But thought I ask anyways LOL.

Your Friend;
Mayor Of Steven's Point
(Proud To Be Cities Of Sim Nation!)
Your Friend;
Mayor Of Steven's Point & Maxiston
(Proud To Be Cities Of Sim Nation!)

KoV Liberty

Does anybody think they can put all the planes from this link     http://translate.google.com/translate?sourceid=navclient&hl=en&u=http%3a%2f%2fhomepage2.nifty.com%2ftabinohito%2findex.html     onto a matching airport lot for me? I have the LE but cannot find the files.

Driftmaster07

My new MD. Check it out if you wish.

Adrian, I miss you man.

allan_kuan1992

As a rule, please do not post the same question in TWO OR MORE different threads.

- Allan Kuan

Jayster

I have a problem with my AC Upgradeable airport, the planes arent showing up and neither are the control twoers, i have all of the dependices installed. Please help!  :sunny:

Voltaire

Which airport stage are you looking at? A screenshot would be most helpful.

Without seeing the screenie, this sounds to be a missing or corrupted Mega Props Vol4. The aircraft and revised ATCT are together in that file.

Triple check for me please, that  AC MEGA Props Vol04.dat  is inside your plugins folder. Inside its Properties, the Size should read 9.55MB (10,023,432) bytes. Also, have you modified the lots in any way via the Lot Editor. Are there other airport packs/lots installed, besides AC Functional Airports. Are you using the Startup Manager or the DatPacker on your plugins <-- this is the most common cause of my troubles, I forget to re-pack my temp folder to include new stuff  ;)

______   F  L  Y    A  C    J  E  T  S   ______
The finest SimCity Aviation LOTs BATs and MODs

Jayster

Thank you, it was something wrong with the Mega Pack 4, i redownloaded it again and now it is working just fine! Thanks a bunch.

fafalone

There's several planes and gates that are only found in the prop packs. I'd very much like to turn them into lots to use in my airport, but some items only appear as props in the lot editor when editing an existing 747 gate, some others only with a 737 gate, and some not at all. I was also trying to add some non-AC Team props (airbus A380s), but can't get those to show up either. How can I make a model into a prop that will show up when editing a 747 and 737 lot?
I have only limited familiarity with the LE/PIM/ilive reader system but otherwise I'm highly computer literate, so I don't need an in-depth tutorial; just what value needs to be changed to what, and what tool/option does it. I'd also be willing to submit the lots to the AC Team for future releases.