• Welcome to SC4 Devotion Forum Archives.

Weird things going on in my city.

Started by LoneRanger, November 12, 2007, 11:14:36 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

LoneRanger

Ok, let me start by telling that I build up my plugins folder from scratch.
Since all my downloads are neadly organiced it wasn't a hard thing to do, a mather of hours.  :D
After that I downloaded some extra's and a new region [Biloxi] to test it on.
Everything went fine allthough long loading times since I didn't use datpacker until I was sure I had all dependancies.
Now after a few hours of playing my city lacked of power wich was odd since the power-central I used could serve a way bigger city.
My power-central went from 100% funding to 0%.
I did a bit of searching and found out that some utility buildings wern't correct wich causes SC4 to set evry simular type of utility set to zero. [well something like that]
Clever as I am I found a work-around since the solutions offered didn't take effect. [neighbourhood deals]
After hours of playing I reached 200K of inhabbitants and a power-central way on the other side of my town that was working 100%.
Now it was time to create a third town wich was not connected to the city.
After a while I went back to my original city and started checking the museums[for funding] since I wanted the big one.
Did that and got my prize but not the maxis one but some art building I didn't know I had.
Besides that I got a opera house wich I gladly accepted.
So I put the speed up again, ready to zone and I noticed population went down from 200K to 180K.
Weird coz there was no abandoned buildings, weird coz 10% leaving my city should defenetly make a mark.
The censius-report building told me 12K $$ and 7K $$$ left my city or died.  $%Grinno$% [old city, 600 years]
Since I'm only zoning med and low it took me a few hours to get back at 200K.
My city has everything when it comes to aducation but whenever I query a house it has aducation on low?
That's not all but my average income has dubbled since those 20K of $$ and $$$ had left my city.
I never experienced anything like this and it's probbably related to my first problem wich prolly triggered a chain-reaction or is it possible
that 10% of your population leaves without a trace? [no abandoned buildings]

Thanks for reading this and if anything weird happens again I will update.   :D