• Welcome to SC4 Devotion Forum Archives.

NAM 32 (Windows) Installation Problem

Started by joseph.r.johnson4, August 30, 2014, 11:11:47 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

joseph.r.johnson4

I have been utilizing older versions of NAM and really like it, so when I saw that NAM 32 was out I immediately downloaded it. However, when I try to install it I get a message that "Update 1.1.638 for SKU 2 is missing" and asks if I want to download it now. I click "Yes" and "Yes" on the next window, which informs me that it has to be the update for SKU 2 and that it must be at least build 1.1.638.0, but when I download it from the LEX and install, then select "Ok" the program starts all over again with the same issue. I currently have SC4 installed on a Windows 7 (64-bit) system with a NVIDIA GeForce GT 650M video card. I would greatly appreciate any assistance in resolving this issue, so that I can install NAM 32.

Tarkus

Whenever that sort of thing happens, it means the installer isn't recognizing the checksum of the executable as a valid, NAM-supportable version.  Your operating system and system specs will never have an impact on it, but the version of the game executable will.  If you are running a NoCD .exe, the NAM installer will automatically reject it.  Until a few days ago, Origin had also been distributing an unpatched and unpatchable digital version that would encounter the same problem, but they've since fixed that with an update.  If you're running a retail disc copy, to be on the safe side, I'd try running some of the other SKU patches until one works.

Also, moving this over to NAM Place.  A new thread doesn't belong in NAM Inactive Threads.

-Alex