• Welcome to SC4 Devotion Forum Archives.

Simmer's Lotting Lab.

Started by Simmer2, December 11, 2015, 07:24:45 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

matias93

COOL!!
(but, what is it?) :P

Oh, and about the castle+cannons thing, while Noah is right that is an unusual mix, it doesn't mean that didn't existed, even centuries after it was clear it wasn't the best idea: many older fortifications were simply too expensive to remodelate, and the chances to see them attacked with enough firepower to justify a new design were too slim. An example that I know a bit more is Valdivia, where a system of small and old-fashioned castle-type fortresses were famously an effective defense for the upriver city until the beginning of the 19th century, all due to the smart usage of the geography on the river mouth.
I, for one, want to recreate exactly that kind of fortifications, and this models are simply perfect for that purpose. In any case, if someone else wants to make an star fort, that would be great too, more historical buildings are always good.

"Lets be scientists and as such, remember always that the purpose of politics is not freedom, nor authority, nor is any principle of abstract character,
but it is to meet the social needs of man and the development of the society"

— Valentín Letelier, 1895

Tyberius06

Hi!

That's a pretty massive building! I can't wait to see it in game! Beautiful modelling and textures!  &apls &apls

- Tyberius
You may find updates about my ongoing projects into my development thread here at SimCity 4 Devotion: Tyberius Lotting Experiments
or over there on Simtropolis into the Tyberius (Heretic Projects) Lotting and Modding Experiments.
I'm also member of the STEX Custodian and working on different restoration projects on behalf of non-anymore-active custom content creators.
Current projects: WMP Restoration and SimCity Polska Restoration.
Member of the NAM Team and RTMT Team.

b22rian

I agree with Tibi, that this is a most interesting structure/ Building..

Kitsune

... is it something from around here ? It seems familiar ....  %confuso
~ NAM Team Member

Simmer2

@matias93...all the signs are there  :D

@Tyberius06 In the game it will be...

@b22rian It can feed thousands  ;)

@Kitsune Come on man, you probably shop there  :thumbsup:

Due to the isometric view, the most exposed part of a massive flat structure is the roof therefore why not make it as realistic as possible (with a few minor subtractions and additions)

Added a few things, changed a few others and lengthened the structure a bit. Still have a ton of work to do. Most everything you see is not cloned but carefully made to measure.

Here is the real thing (rear view) and a couple of shot with the improvements. (still rear view)

Simmer2
________________________________________________________________________________

Tyberius06

Nice details! :) I hope you will reveal the front side soon! :)

- Tyberius
You may find updates about my ongoing projects into my development thread here at SimCity 4 Devotion: Tyberius Lotting Experiments
or over there on Simtropolis into the Tyberius (Heretic Projects) Lotting and Modding Experiments.
I'm also member of the STEX Custodian and working on different restoration projects on behalf of non-anymore-active custom content creators.

Kitsune

That looks nothing like my local loblaws though outside of the rail line passing in the back ... so I get a pass :) Its really nice btw having a Loblaws ... a giant one ... in the game.
And I cheated to find the front in rl, reminds of a super store.
~ NAM Team Member

Simmer2

Been really busy in RL but still managed to do a bit of work on the front side. Still lots of work to do.

Simmer2
________________________________________________________________________________

Tyberius06

Oh, it's coming along nicely! Really nice details! Keep up the good work!

- Tyberius

Simmer2

Thank you.
Here is the last Gmax model pic. Added several items including trees and people. Only thing left is interior lighting and objects, I think I will also change the interior flooring.

Simmer2

Tyberius06

Hi!

It's looking pretty good! :) Really nice and huge model. Keep up the good work! :)

- Tyberius

Simmer2

Thanks Tibi.

Meanwhile somewhere in the Netherlands....

Simmer2

Tyberius06

Man, I haven't seen that windmill before... Is that something new from you?
And that pond is still looking awesome with all the little bits. Nice picture anyway! :) Nice work!

- Tyberius

matias93

OHH, I didn't know I needed this all this years!  &apls

"Lets be scientists and as such, remember always that the purpose of politics is not freedom, nor authority, nor is any principle of abstract character,
but it is to meet the social needs of man and the development of the society"

— Valentín Letelier, 1895

Kitsune

Polders ! (wait wrong game  $%Grinno$% ) It looks really nice btw ...
~ NAM Team Member

Simmer2

Thanks!

Managed to render it in full HD, 12 hours and 36 minutes later, preliminary look in game of SM2 Loblaws

Simmer2

Girafe

The Floraler

This is the end, hold your breath and count to ten, feel the earth move, and then...

*   *   *   *   *   *   *   *   *   *   *   *   *   *   *   *   *   *    *   *   *   *   *    * 

Simmer2

Thank you Girafe!

You can now grab SM2 Loblaws here https://sc4devotion.com/csxlex/lex_filedesc.php?lotGET=3737

Simmer2

Tyberius06

Hi!

Nice to see, this has been released! Beautiful model and really nice lot. I like those little details, such as the stones and bushes. Thanks for making and sharing it!  &apls &apls

- Tyberius

PaPa-J

This is outstanding.  Heading to download now.  Thanks SM2!!!  :thumbsup:
Lighten up, just enjoy life,
smile more, laugh more,
and don't get so worked up
about things.