• Welcome to SC4 Devotion Forum Archives.

Network Addon Mod June 2009 Release

Started by Andreas, June 21, 2009, 03:04:05 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Terring7

Quote from: z on June 22, 2009, 01:25:01 AMJust follow the directions in the Readme file.  "$Deal"$

Thanks z, i follow the directions and no problem ahead :thumbsup:
This time i didn't install only the new abilities but i also give a try to a new traffic simulator. I test the Simulator "A" in Easy Difficulty and i can tell you only this: Traffic problems solved!!! &apls &apls &apls &apls
An another brilliant job from the N.A.M. team, as always :) :) &apls :thumbsup: ()stsfd()
"The wisest men follow their own direction" Euripides
The Choice is Ours
---
Simtropolis Moderator here. Can I help? Oh, and you can call me Elias (my real name) if you wish.

JoeST

Can you make the CAN-AM optional, it seems you cant untick it....(windows update installer)

Also, after using it, it seems that none of my cities will open.
Copperminds and Cuddleswarms

Glazert

Well, it is difficult to say which new feature I like the most. I think for me it is the various FAR intersections, which will enable more non-orthogonal road layouts.

Dexist

omg omg omg omg omg omg FLUPS FLUPS !! FOR ONE WAY ROADS OMGAWD :-[ :-[ :-[ :-[ :-\ :-\ :-\ &hlp &hlp &hlp

okay...

back to normal..

Dexist

why is the glr on street not the default maxis street???

and why are there no underground avenue flups...

Jonathan

The Avenue FLUPs ramp uses the normal road pieces to make the tunnel, the underground sections are for road, one way road and avenue.

Jonathan

Andreas

Quote from: JoeST on June 22, 2009, 05:48:42 AM
Can you make the CAN-AM optional, it seems you cant untick it....(windows update installer)

This is a weird glitch I wasn't able to resolve. If you run the installer, it should be unticked, but if you change something, it suddenly gets ticked, maybe because
of the script that makes both styles mutually exclusive. If the files get installed accidentially, just open your NAM plugins folder and remove the CAN-AM files manually.

Quote from: Dexist on June 22, 2009, 07:27:16 AM
why is the glr on street not the default maxis street???

Because the default Maxis street textures need to be updated for the puzzle pieces, which wasn't done yet. They will come eventually, though.
Andreas

BarbyW

The lots for the CAN-AM terminals and automata are now on the LEX.
Inside every old person is a young person wondering what happened. TP

Barbypedia: More alive than the original

kassarc16

Once again, the NAM shows that if you had to choose one plug-in, it'd definitely the one not to miss! Great job on all the new additions, can't wait to see what future updates hold!

miggoycor

:( Why are we not allowed to use both canals and only choose one?
φ    =    1+√(5)
                ---------

≈ 1.6180339887

Andreas

Because we don't have ferry terminals for CAL's canals yet. ;)
Andreas

FrankU

In the CAN-AM thread I also wrote about this.
As I plopped all the ferry terminals.I found out that the CCPW medium terminal has no water texture. All the others are OK.
Did I do something wrong, or is there something missing in the lot?

Stupid me! Forgot to copy a dependency. ?=mad)=

M4346

Just when I thought I had it all! :P Thanks guys!  &apls &apls &apls

:thumbsup:
New Horizons Productions
Berethor ♦ beskhu3epnm ♦ blade2k5 ♦ dedgren ♦ dmscopio ♦ Ennedi
emilin ♦ Heblem ♦ jplumbley ♦ moganite ♦ M4346 ♦ papab2000
Shadow Assassin ♦ Tarkus ♦ wouanagaine

bat

miggoycor

Where can I find a mod that can change the elevated heavy rail's viaduct? I have seen some pictures but I can't find any aside from those in the NAM installer. I want a modern look for my El-Heavy rail. :)
φ    =    1+√(5)
                ---------

≈ 1.6180339887

City

Not just any city, THE City

Andreas

Update notice

The NAM Team was busy to fix the bugs and issues that were reported over the last few weeks. Naturally, a mod that is as large as the NAM might bear some bugs all the time, but we'll try our best to fix them all. ;) Apart from an update of the full Windows and Mac version, we have created a NAM Update installer that only contains the files that have been changed. It's about 30% of the size of the full version, so that should ensure a faster download, and also less load for the LEX server. :)

What's new?

• Some pathing errors for the Ground Highway Y Interchange and the gentle Ground Highway Curve have been fixed.
  • GLR plugin has been fixed.
  • OneWayRoad Arrow Reduction plugins have been fixed.
  • CAN-AM plugin has been modified slightly.
  • Some Rail texture bugs have been fixed, SFBT Darker Rail Texture plugin has been updated.
  • NAM Controller has been updated, NAM Controller error messages in various languages have been added.
  • NAM documentation has been updated.

Download

Download NAM Update for Windows (Installer)

Download NAM Update for Mac (ZIP file)

Update Instructions

Do not uninstall the current NAM! You need the June 2009 version as a base, so if you don't have that one yet, get the full version. We have updated those as well, so you don't need to apply the update afterwards.

Windows users: Simply run the installer and select all components that you have installed already. The installer will overwrite the old files.

Mac users: Extract the ZIP file and replace the old files with the new versions.
Andreas

JoeST

I assume that this also fixes the RHW bug (wrong b-type exit)?

thankyou very much :)
Copperminds and Cuddleswarms

Andreas

Yes, the RHW RUL bug should be fixed as well. Alex will publish a separate RHW update soon, since some more issues were reported lately.
Andreas

delta9

Great great great, thank you for the quick update.  I need my precious RHW4 B-exits in that one particular direction  ;D  Thanks.