• Welcome to SC4 Devotion Forum Archives.

BAT Showcase

Started by mattb325, February 01, 2007, 04:07:43 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

mattb325

Thanks guys for the comments and likes  :thumbsup:

I've finished up the modelling (no nitelites yet) and corrected a real rookie mistake on the dimensions that thankfully no one noticed in the first picture &dd.

It fits on a 2x2, so I will make it a standard CS$$$ and CO$$$, but in addition, I thought I would do something a little different and make a library out of it (I don't think I have ever made a library before  &idea) and also I have modded it so that it busts demand caps. (approx 25K for all res and 25K for CO) which is similar to the way many rewards work, but this is obviously in the education menu.

Pictured is this library version....the 2x2 versions don't have room for any lotting/props:

PaPa-J

Looks Great!
Lighten up, just enjoy life,
smile more, laugh more,
and don't get so worked up
about things.

edwardvegas.COM

it looks great, it's unique in its style ... :D
talking about libraries, not thinking about the Los Angeles library? :laugh:

Unconstantean

man you are fast  &apls

Simmer2

Matt has a Quantum Time Bubble. Every hour in the bubble is equivalent to 1 minute in the real continuum. :D

Simmer2
________________________________________________________________________________

mattb325

:laugh: ^^ As long as it's not this "bubble"

I don't think I'd want a minute in that  $%Grinno$%

noahclem

That bubble sounds rather terrifying but I'd love to carry that card for the reaction I'd get  ;D

brick_mortimer

The Lutyens building looks very nice.  :)

The library version could work downtown, but also as a university library, the red paths have a campus vibe.
Busier than a one legged man in an ass kicking contest
Me no coffee function without so good

belfastsocrates

"You can get me on the Monte Carlo number darling"  :D
A unique nation fusing technological prowess and unparalleled grandeur

"Anyone who lives within their means suffers from a lack of imagination" - Oscar Wilde

mattb325

Champagne for everyone  ?=mad)= &hurl

A non-descript building caught my eye....the building is certainly nothing special, just a dumpy 1950s thing, but given the function I decided to make it into a new type of reward....placing this will significantly bust CAPs across commercial, and manufacturing industries and it also drives a growth in R$$ (ie the middle class).

I don't often make a political statement, but watching the rise of what is described as the 'gig' economy (which is just tech double speak for re-enforcing Dickensian working conditions upon workers: Uber, Uber eats, Airtasker, AirBnB, Oneshift, etc, etc are absolutely NO different from the unemployed lining up at the docks/factories in the 19th Century hoping for a shift) and the subsequent erosion of workers rights, stagnant pay rates and the hollowing out of the middle classes around the world, perhaps more of these sorts of buildings are again needed?

matias93

&apls &apls &apls You'll make me cry from the emotion there  :crytissue:

"Lets be scientists and as such, remember always that the purpose of politics is not freedom, nor authority, nor is any principle of abstract character,
but it is to meet the social needs of man and the development of the society"

— Valentín Letelier, 1895

Unconstantean

generic ugly 50s-70s medium height office building? YES PLEASE

Tyberius06

Wow, an other nice building, what I can use with your stations, just need to put them nicely together :)
It will be fun :)
Thanks to make them for us!

- Tyberius
You may find updates about my ongoing projects into my development thread here at SimCity 4 Devotion: Tyberius Lotting Experiments
or over there on Simtropolis into the Tyberius (Heretic Projects) Lotting and Modding Experiments.
I'm also member of the STEX Custodian and working on different restoration projects on behalf of non-anymore-active custom content creators.
Current projects: WMP Restoration and SimCity Polska Restoration.
Member of the NAM Team and RTMT Team.

brick_mortimer

Thanks for making a reward for the Working Class Heroes &apls
Busier than a one legged man in an ass kicking contest
Me no coffee function without so good

mattb325

Thanks guys.

Given that it is widely accepted that the least amount of class-based wealth inequality in Western Democracies peaked around 1950-1980 (when trade unions were also at their peak), the tendency of politicians on all sides to support the trickle-down economics that replaced the strength of Collectivism/Unions from the late 80's has seen inequality soar to levels similar to the mid 1800s. The world economy has largely faltered for the best part of last decade or so and has certainly failed the lower and middle classes. Perhaps it is time to re-evaluate the love affair with a theory that has had more than enough decades to 'prove' what it set out to do, and failed? Just sayin'.....

As someone who has benefited from all that society has had to offer during this time, it seems to me grossly unfair to rob younger people of those same opportunities that put wealthy old-farts where we are today. A fundamental tenet of civilized society has always been that one generation strives unquestioningly to better the fortunes, health and education of the next. That doesn't seem to be the case anymore. 

If I were younger, I certainly would be angry that my future appears to be wantonly sacrificed just to line the pockets of those currently holding the power, and for the life of me I don't understand why young people are so well behaved and compliant :angrymore:

But anyway, I have released another of L2 Multi-function Transit hubs....the building it was modelled on would have seen its fair share of political ups-and downs since it was built in the 1960's:

Here: http://sc4devotion.com/csxlex/lex_filedesc.php?lotGET=3612

vester

One thing that bugs me, is the entrance for the rail into the building.
I just don't believe it. It's not just this station but the others as well.

I do like the building itself, but the entrance....

mattb325

Luckily I'm not asking you to believe in the implausible  :o

Before the chorus of agreement starts.....let me present 3 buildings from New York:

So to the nay-sayers..."believe....the power of <insert deity here> compels you".   ()flamdev()

vortext

And there's China. .. looks to be L5 monorail  :D

time flies like a bird
fruit flies like a banana

art128

... Or Himeji, Japan. Has since been demolished though.

I'll take a quiet life... A handshake of carbon monoxide.

Props & Texture Catalog

mattb325

Thanks vortext and art - those buildings look quite cool. I like the slight curve of the Japanese one...but that Chinese Monorail height is more like amusement park than public transport! That said, at 15m, the L2 networks in Simcity would only be one window lower  &mmm

Time for a new hospital:

It's large: 10x10 lot. Almost 6.5 acres in old parlance. 32K capacity. Sufficient parking. It's a fictional (albeit cliched) building. No nite-lites yet and the helicopter is just for show....