• Welcome to SC4 Devotion Forum Archives.

WRRRC & FARR

Started by huzman, July 28, 2018, 11:53:44 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

huzman

hello y'all!
Testing the Wide Radius RR and the FARR modes in a new region, I have come up with a couple frustrations. They are very simple.
1) I lay one of those pieces and I want to extend it with another piece.
2) Neither the WRC, the FARR or even the Maxis won't attach to the first piece.
3) I end up adding a piece that matches and some times a Maxis piece fits, but not in the configuration I wanted.
4) I did look up the NAM additional files but couldn't find any related info.
5) Thanks for your input.

¡h!
« Essayez d'apprendre quelque chose sur tout et tout sur quelque chose. »
             « Try to learn something about everything and everything about something »
                          « Trata de aprender algo sobre todo y todo sobre algo »
                                                                                                    — Thomas Henry Huxley

eggman121

Hi huzman

The NAM documentation has all the patterns for the relevant FARR and RRW WRC pieces.

Please note that I class FARR and WRCs as different components due to the technical nature and geometry of the pieces.

I have flexed most of them for NAM 37 (Not released yet) So most patterns will become a second option going forward.

-eggman121

huzman

eggman121, Thanks!
Yes, the NAM documentation is really very complete, but I can't reproduce a single combination.
Fer inztance, the images show RR pieces that are very different from my pieces.
Want some pictures?

Oh Lord! Send me NAM 37 asap!

¡h!
                                                                                                    — Thomas Henry Huxley

mgb204

I think you must be missing something from the pictures. What they show is the pattern of rail tiles in a grid. However, when making such pieces in-game, you will not see the same thing for the most part. You can try placing each tile (stub) individually to make up the pattern first, which will match the documentation. As you drag that it will setup the code to convert to the piece shown. Bear in mind too, some pieces require stubs to be connected for other directions within the same tile. Not to mention, especially true of the FARR setups, you must ensure the connections you are attempting are supported.

Whilst I accept that the RRW pieces are some of the harder drag-patterns in the NAM, I struggle myself with a few, Eggman has put a huge effort towards making them much easier to use from NAM37 based on feedback. Ultimately, if you are having such a hard time here, perhaps the best solution would be to wait for the NAM37 updates.

huzman

mgb204
I seem to agree with you about waiting for the NAM 37.
Meanwhile, I'll just keep fooling around with RR in my new region.

Merci for your attention.

¡h!
                                                                                                    — Thomas Henry Huxley