• Welcome to SC4 Devotion Forum Archives.

Emerald Island (an Island Region)

Started by eggman121, November 18, 2015, 09:51:27 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

eggman121

Sorry for the delay in Replying. Been quite occupied.

Replys

Quote from: dyoungyn on March 23, 2016, 09:47:43 PM
Now you are really making us all jealous.  Can't wait for release to start using your new interchanges.

dyoungyn

:D Can't wait to get the Rural road Intersections out to you guys. As for interchanges, They will be made when the region develops to have a highway system  ;)

Quote from: compdude787 on March 24, 2016, 11:11:29 AM
Looks nice! I like those rural road intersections!

Thanks. Can't wait to get them out in the next NAM  ;)

Quote from: art128 on March 25, 2016, 03:33:32 AM
Those intersections are really interesting.... I like them! Nice pictures too.

Thanks Art128. I am using the Rural Roads for my main basic highway system. So stay tuned for more additional road content.

Quote from: kbieniu7 on March 25, 2016, 04:33:53 AM
Indeed, interesting! Fits well into the surrounding area.  :thumbsup:

Thanks for the Kind remarks kbieniu7  :thumbsup: I agree as well  :)

Quote from: Akallan on March 26, 2016, 10:27:58 AM
I just love it! I'm jealous of your parts for the train as Alan_Waters noted! Very well done as those for the road! :thumbsup:

I am starting to get some time to work on the Rails. Most of what is functional is in NAM 34 already. As for the road I have plans for further expansion  ::)

Quote from: warconstruct on April 06, 2016, 03:04:20 AM
very nice overall, good work!

Warconstrut

Thank you for the comment Warconstrut Can't wait to get the creations out to you guys once completed and tested.

As for today I wanted to span a waterway, So I modeled a new RRW Bridge to do so  ;D

What do others think?

-eggman121

Themistokles

I think it looks great! We always need more RRW bridges, especially of the more grungy modern kinds. If I really had to be critical, though, I'd say the concrete beneath the rail bed is surprisingly untainted considering how weathered the steel beams are... But anyway, that's nitpicking on a very detailed level and again the bridge looks really great! (Beside a maxis bridge it looks rather out of this world :D)
Come join me on a hike to St Edmea!

Latest update: 7

"In the end, our society will be defined not only by what we create, but by what we refuse to destroy." - John Sawhill

compdude787

Nice looking bridge! However the part of the bridge deck underneath the truss section of the bridge looks a bit too bulky. Generally you don't find truss bridges looking like that in the real world. The way that deck looks is fine for the beam bridge approaches, but where the truss section of the bridge is, not so much.
Check out my MD, United States of Simerica!
Last updated: March 5, 2017

My YouTube Channel

eggman121

Quote from: Themistokles on April 23, 2016, 12:37:40 PM
I think it looks great! We always need more RRW bridges, especially of the more grungy modern kinds. If I really had to be critical, though, I'd say the concrete beneath the rail bed is surprisingly untainted considering how weathered the steel beams are... But anyway, that's nitpicking on a very detailed level and again the bridge looks really great! (Beside a maxis bridge it looks rather out of this world :D)

Quote from: compdude787 on April 23, 2016, 01:12:01 PM
Nice looking bridge! However the part of the bridge deck underneath the truss section of the bridge looks a bit too bulky. Generally you don't find truss bridges looking like that in the real world. The way that deck looks is fine for the beam bridge approaches, but where the truss section of the bridge is, not so much.

Thank you both for the feedback  :thumbsup:

I agree.

I have adjusted the Bridge accordingly  ;)

I hope these are more visually and aesthetically pleasing.

-eggman121

APSMS

I like the bridge construction much better, but the deck still suffers from being too clean.

Either some check rails, or the standard rail textures would be better, in my opinion. The concrete deck looks far too clean for how weathered the beams are, and tbh I liked it better when the beams were weathered more. :-\

Still, it's very good, and of course more RRW bridges are always appreciated! :thumbsup:
Experience is something you don't get until just after you need it.

My Mayor Diary San Diego: A Reinterpretation

art128

This is a very nice bridge indeed. Of course it still needs some work (specially the pillar's texture) but otherwise that's a solid alternative to Maxis' truss bridge!
I'll take a quiet life... A handshake of carbon monoxide.

Props & Texture Catalog

Gugu3

eggman121

Time has passed and I have not been able to reply earlier so I will reply now.

Quote from: APSMS on April 23, 2016, 06:25:33 PM
I like the bridge construction much better, but the deck still suffers from being too clean.

Either some check rails, or the standard rail textures would be better, in my opinion. The concrete deck looks far too clean for how weathered the beams are, and tbh I liked it better when the beams were weathered more. :-\

Still, it's very good, and of course more RRW bridges are always appreciated! :thumbsup:

Thanks APSMS. I have updated the bridge with a new deck. Modeling can be quite challenging and I still need to get a good grasp of it in the future  ;)

Quote from: art128 on June 07, 2016, 11:48:17 AM
This is a very nice bridge indeed. Of course it still needs some work (specially the pillar's texture) but otherwise that's a solid alternative to Maxis' truss bridge!

Thanks Arthur. Glad you like it. Yes still needs some work and that may take some time. Thanks for the compliment  :)

Quote from: Gugu3 on June 08, 2016, 01:21:59 AM
Very interesting eggman!

Yes it is quite interesting. Thank you!

Ok So with the new FlexTrack taking shape I have been able to get this one out.

Basically an express station with the combination of the DTR and STR.

-eggman121

Gugu3

Themistokles

Looks wonderful! &apls What platform-prop is that? :)
Come join me on a hike to St Edmea!

Latest update: 7

"In the end, our society will be defined not only by what we create, but by what we refuse to destroy." - John Sawhill

Akallan

My CJ :

My european road textures project : S N T - v.2.1

eggman121

Well I better dust off my MD again  ;D

Quote from: Akallan on June 30, 2016, 11:19:13 AM
Wonderful!  ;D &apls

Thanks  ;)

Quote from: Themistokles on June 30, 2016, 05:53:24 AM
Looks wonderful! &apls What platform-prop is that? :)

Thanks, gosh can't remember the name? I know it is an STR platform (I know there is a dual one as well) Maybe on the STEX?

Quote from: Gugu3 on June 30, 2016, 03:48:24 AM
This is great!!!! &apls &apls &apls &apls

Thank you  :)

Well my region has been given its first expressway...

Hint, not a piece of RHW in this build  :D

-eggman121

_Michael

A new OWR based network in NAM 35? Looks interesting.

mgb204

I don't know if I'd go as far as using OWR for actual long stretches of fast roads. But the ability to make proper turning lanes and spurs with OWR is certainly something that's been missing until now. Are the spurs based on the NWM OWR-1? Because that would really increase my usage of it if you can do this.

kbieniu7

Wow, looks nice. Something like a low-cost higway  :)
Thank you for visiting Kolbrów, and for being for last ten years!

Gugu3

dyoungyn

Ditto.  Only one question, if one is using one-way roads for both the highway and ramps, what color will the ramps show up in the Region view?  Also I notice some awesome new road intersections.  Would love to see the same for ramp intersections also. &idea

eggman121

Hello everyone!

My region of Emerald Island is back and this time I would like to showcase some of the new Real Railway texture sets I have been auto generating. It is next to impossible to maintain a MD while heavily creating content. Luckily I make backups of my region (Lots of them) so if I don,t like some thing in my region I can fix it. I have gone back to one of my earlier copies. Near to where I started. This was brought upon by the the new seaports by Tyberius06 and his new seaport lotting which IMHO are more to my liking than the BSC ones.

Anyway here are the new Tracks.

Passenger Train Depot

Passenger Train passing through station

Nice way around the suburbia

Hope you enjoy. In due course with the members responsible we would like to make these possibilities open too you as well.

-eggman121

eggman121

Hello everyone.

Long time no post in this thread.

I have gone back to the past and have started rebuilding my region from an early stage.

The first post (which is this one) that I will start with the rail network in Emerald Island.

So we start in the steam age...

Emerald Landing

Emerald Pass

And to finish it off a Complete Diagonal Wye!

I hope that you all enjoy this update and rebuild  ;)

-eggman121

Tarkus

Stephen, welcome back to the realm of MDing! :thumbsup:  Emerald Landing looks like a nice rural town of yore, and I really enjoy seeing the way you've seamlessly incorporated a sampling of your many substantial and amazing NAM projects into the equation.  I'm certainly getting inspired on the rail front for a possible next region based on this here.  Top notch stuff all around, for sure.

Edit: Also, I'll use my admin powers and put your MD back in the active Recently Published area.

-Alex