• Welcome to SC4 Devotion Forum Archives.

True Earth

Started by korver, May 04, 2016, 08:05:18 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

korver

- UPDATE 85: Madrid -

Today we're visiting the capital of Spain - Madrid. This metropolis of 3 million residents is situated on a high plateau in the heart of the country and is well known for its temperate climate, elegant avenues, beautiful parks, and famous landmarks. There's plenty of attractions to see here - so let's take a close look at this beautiful capital city.

Our tour gets started off in the outskirts of Madrid where we'll be visiting the legendary El Escorial palace. This iconic landmark was originally constructed in the 16th century and has plenty of history - through the years it's served as a monastery, museum, library, pantheon, basilica, and most importantly the burial place of Spanish kings for nearly 600 years.

With favorable conditions much of the year, the arid landscapes surrounding Madrid are ideal for growing olives. Massive plantations can be seen for miles in the countryside.

We finally arrive in the heart of the city and our first stop is the impressive Palacio Real. The official residence of the Spanish Royal Family until 1931, it's the largest royal palace in all of Europe.

The towers of Puerte de Europa are one of the city's most distinctive sights and serve as symbolic gate into the city.

The Cuatro Torres Business Area (Spanish for "Four Towers Business Area") is home to a number of the country's tallest buildings.

Completed in 1953, Edificio España is one of the city's tallest and most iconic buildings. It's currently undergoing renovations and plans to open as a hotel next year.

Our tour concludes with a look down the city's Gran Via avenue - one of Madrid's most popular and famous tourist destinations.

-korver

ramrec

Impressive job, very detailed and realistic (I can assure, as I am from Madrid  :thumbsup:).

Just a point. The "Palacio Real" (Royal Palace) is not the residence of the Kings of Spain. It is just used for official events and can be visited by the public throughout the year. The Royal Family resides at "Palacio de la Zarzuela" located in the outskirts of Madrid.

Anyway, amazing update.

Alan_Waters

korver

ramrec: Appreciate the comment and kind words! Thanks for alerting me about the Palacio Real, oops :P Apparently it was the official residence until 1931, so I've updated the entry accordingly :thumbsup:

Alan_Waters: Thank you very much for the comment!

PaPa-J

Outstanding update! I particularly like the landscape work on the Olive groves.  Great job.
Lighten up, just enjoy life,
smile more, laugh more,
and don't get so worked up
about things.

korver

Thank you PaPa-J! Glad you liked the olive grove scene :)

korver

- UPDATE 87: The Balkans -

Today, we're taking a look at one of Europe's most beautiful and unique regions - The Balkans. From picturesque cities, villages, farmland, natural wonders, and more - this area is filled with sights that will take your breath away. We'll begin in one of the region's most important cities - the Serbian capital of Belgrade. Located at the confluence of the Sava and Danube rivers, it's one of the continent's oldest cities and has a number of notable landmarks. Beogradanka (Belgrade Palace) is one of the city's most recognizable skyscrapers and rises high above the historic old town.

Entire districts of the city are filled with commie blocks - these huge, repetitive apartment buildings often dominate the landscape around them.

The Balkans are filled with picturesque farming villages for as far as the eye can see.

The Balkans are known for their natural beauty as well - the stunning waterfalls of Plitvice Lakes National Park are particularly impressive.

Romania's Bran Castle is our next destination - this famed landmark is often associated with Dracula and many believed that he lived here at one point. Although there's little proof to support this - it could have been the home of Vlad the Impaler at one point.

As we make our way south, we finally get our first view of the Mediterranean Sea - and we'll be stopping in Greece's Ano Symi for the night. This picturesque seaside village is filled with colorful buildings and is gaining a reputation as one of the area's most beautiful destinations.

The tour concludes with a visit to one of the Mediterranean's most stunning destinations - Croatia's Dubrovnik. The walled old town was completed in the 16th century and is well known for its well preserved white stone buildings. With beautiful views of the Mediterranean from the city's riviera - any trip here is unforgettable.

Special thanks to manga rivotra for some of the road textures used in this update - much appreciated :)

-korver

PaPa-J

Bran Castle is outstanding.  Love it.
smile more, laugh more,
about things.

art128

Absolutely stunning work once again! Dubrovnik looks spectacular. I quite liked the commie blocks of Belgrade too.
I'll take a quiet life... A handshake of carbon monoxide.

Props & Texture Catalog

Alan_Waters

korver

PaPa-J: Glad you enjoyed the Bran Castle scene, thanks for the comment! :)

art128: Thanks for the nice words, glad you liked the update :thumbsup:

Alan_Waters: A lot of patience and free time, I guess :D

korver

- UPDATE 86: São Paulo -

Today we're visiting one of the world's largest urban sprawls - the Brazilian metropolis of São Paulo. With nearly 40 million people residing in it's massive urban area, it's one of the world's most populated cities.

São Paulo is an important financial center and is well known for its unique landmarks and interesting architecture - and there's no better example than Paulista Avenue. Home to a number of large banks and financial institutions, it's one of the city's most important avenues.

While São Paulo is home to many of the country's wealthiest citizens - the outskirts of the city are a different story. It's a city known for its income inequality and favelas can be seen for miles.

While the city center of São Paulo is located quite a bit inland - the Brazilian state of São Paulo still gets to enjoy a beautiful stretch of Atlantic shoreline with a number of popular resort towns such as Santos. It's a popular vacation destination for locals and tourists alike - and the port and container terminal here is vital for the entire country.

We return to central São Paulo - visiting one of the city's most well known landmarks and important transportation hubs - the beautiful Victorian Estação da Luz (Luz Train Station).

The impressive Ipiranga Museum is a well known history museum in the heart of the city and is a popular tourist attraction - it's currently undergoing an extensive restoration however and will re-open in 2022.

The recently completed Cidade Jardim Corporate Center can be seen standing right next to a neighborhood of slums - this sort of income divide can be seen in many places across the city.

The Octávio Frias de Oliveira Bridge was completed in 2008 and spans the Pinheiros River - it's one of the city's most amazing sights and is quite striking at nighttime.

A final mosaic of São Paulo's impressive skyline, featuring a few of the city's most famous high rises - such as the curvy Edificio Copan, Edifício Itália, and the Banespa Building.

-korver

Seaman

Nice, korver! Again, I am actually learning something! The Octávio Frias de Oliveira Bridge is amazing, never seen it before.

Soo... you have a BAT for it, right?  &Thk/(

Tyberius06

Really nice work, korver! :) Both Sao Paolo and the Balkans :) I specially like the road/texture work on the waterfront :)
what is that diagonal skysraper on the last (long) image by the diagonal AVE, above the weavy shape building?

Thanks!

- Tyberius
You may find updates about my ongoing projects into my development thread here at SimCity 4 Devotion: Tyberius Lotting Experiments
or over there on Simtropolis into the Tyberius (Heretic Projects) Lotting and Modding Experiments.
I'm also member of the STEX Custodian and working on different restoration projects on behalf of non-anymore-active custom content creators.
Current projects: WMP Restoration and SimCity Polska Restoration.
Member of the NAM Team and RTMT Team.

art128

I've shown this update to a friend who lived in Sao Paolo for 3 years. He told me this was quite impressive and he recognized everything. Well done!
I'll take a quiet life... A handshake of carbon monoxide.

Props & Texture Catalog

PaPa-J

I stand in awe of your mastery. I must say though, your plugin folder must be 30g in size. LOL
smile more, laugh more,
about things.

korver

Seaman: Appreciate the comment, glad you liked the update! Yeah, unfortunately no one made that bridge yet - or anything remotely like it - so I had to use a custom BAT for the scene.

Tyberius06: Thank you very much! The São Paulo update required a lot of custom made BATs I got online - and that diagonal building (Edifcio Italia) was one of them.

art128: Thanks for the nice words! Good to hear that he recognized everything :thumbsup:

PaPa-J: Thank you very much! I actually have around 10 different Plugins folders that I use for this MD, it's the only real way I can possibly stay organized while constantly changing building styles. It's not quite 30GB - but they're still pretty big regardless :D

PaPa-J

Quote from: korver on August 19, 2018, 05:04:45 AM
PaPa-J: Thank you very much! I actually have around 10 different Plugins folders that I use for this MD, it's the only real way I can possibly stay organized while constantly changing building styles. It's not quite 30GB - but they're still pretty big regardless :D

WOW!!!!!!!!!!!!   :thumbsup:
smile more, laugh more,
about things.

Akallan

I will not make a long speech to describe the beauty of this work. So, let's just say it's crazy and beautiful! &apls :popcorn:
My CJ :

My european road textures project : S N T - v.2.1

korver