• Welcome to SC4 Devotion Forum Archives.

Directx can't be loaded

Started by the_reb, December 17, 2009, 07:31:46 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

the_reb

Hi

Since I'm with win 7 32 bits, SC4TF doesn't work anymore.

I have DirectX 11, so I don't know why it doesn't work, I have directx!

Can anybody help me?

Thanks!

SC4BOY

Did you follow the instructions that come with SC4TF in the "dependencies and requirements"? It sounds like you did not.

wouanagaine

SC4TF is requiring DX9.0c, so even if you have DX11, I don't know if DX9.0c come s with win7

If it follows how Vista shipped, then you'll need to install DX9.0c

New Horizons Productions
Berethor ♦ beskhu3epnm ♦ blade2k5 ♦ dmscopio ♦ dedgren ♦ emilin ♦ Ennedi ♦ Heblem ♦ jplumbley
M4346 ♦ moganite ♦ Papab2000 ♦ Shadow Assassin ♦ Tarkus ♦ wouanagaine
Divide wouanagaine by zero and you will in fact get one...one bad-ass that is - Alek King of SC4

hconline

I wonder, because I have Win 7 32-bit too, will it overwrite or knock out my DX11 when I install the DX9? Or can the two coexist. And right now, TF won't load, so I'm DL'ing DX9.
Life is like a butterfly, ephemeral, yet beautiful beyond belief. -Me

wouanagaine

New Horizons Productions
Berethor ♦ beskhu3epnm ♦ blade2k5 ♦ dmscopio ♦ dedgren ♦ emilin ♦ Ennedi ♦ Heblem ♦ jplumbley
Divide wouanagaine by zero and you will in fact get one...one bad-ass that is - Alek King of SC4

jmmen

If you already has DX11, as Win7x86, when you tried to install DX9, said that you have a newer version, and won't install, correct me if I'm wrong.

wouanagaine

Quote from: jmmen on January 08, 2010, 03:34:27 PM
If you already has DX11, as Win7x86, when you tried to install DX9, said that you have a newer version, and won't install, correct me if I'm wrong.
I don't have a win7 install, but I have Vista, which didn't ship with DX9 but with DX10, and you can install DX9 on Vista, I don't see why you won't be able to install it on win7

DX9 and DX11 are two different pieces of software, not like a drivers revisions

New Horizons Productions

Andreas

I have Win7 RC 64 bit, and was able to install DirectX 9.0c without any problems. You might have to download the standalone version, not the web installer that is just a few kilobytes in size, though.
Andreas

jmmen

You were so right, both can live together, SC4terraformer is on, thks.