• Welcome to SC4 Devotion Forum Archives.

Error when loading SC4TF

Started by nerdly_dood, August 26, 2008, 11:16:02 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

nerdly_dood

I downloaded SC4Terraformer, and unzipped the folder without changing the structure, and then I clicked the "SC4 Terraformer" icon, and I got some error message, and a text file appeared called "SC4Terraformer.exe.txt" and it says this:

Traceback (most recent call last):
  File "SC4Terraformer.py", line 4, in ?
  File "zipextimporter.pyo", line 78, in load_module
  File "SC4TerraformerApp.pyo", line 3, in ?
  File "zipextimporter.pyo", line 91, in load_module
ImportError: MemoryLoadLibrary failed loading tools3D.pyd

I downloaded the DLL file that the download window on the LEX said I might need.
I'm running Windows Vista Ultimate x64, and I have a decent video card that handles Google Earth rather well.

Help?  ()what()
My days here are numbered. It's been great and I've had a lot of fun, but I've moved on to bigger and better things.
—   EGO  VOBIS  VADELICO   —
Glory be unto the modder and unto the fun and unto the city game!

wouanagaine

unfortunatly I'm not sure SC4TF is 64 bit compatible

New Horizons Productions
Berethor ♦ beskhu3epnm ♦ blade2k5 ♦ dmscopio ♦ dedgren ♦ emilin ♦ Ennedi ♦ Heblem ♦ jplumbley
M4346 ♦ moganite ♦ Papab2000 ♦ Shadow Assassin ♦ Tarkus ♦ wouanagaine
Divide wouanagaine by zero and you will in fact get one...one bad-ass that is - Alek King of SC4

nerdly_dood

The processof in my computer (AMD Athlon64 1.8GHz) is supposed to be fully compatible with all 32-bit and 64-bit operating systems and programs.  Vista x64, though... I don't know.
My days here are numbered. It's been great and I've had a lot of fun, but I've moved on to bigger and better things.
—   EGO  VOBIS  VADELICO   —
Glory be unto the modder and unto the fun and unto the city game!

wouanagaine

Quote from: nerdly_dood on August 26, 2008, 03:10:05 PM
The processof in my computer (AMD Athlon64 1.8GHz) is supposed to be fully compatible with all 32-bit and 64-bit operating systems and programs.  Vista x64, though... I don't know.
It depends on how I programmed it :), and by that time I did not take care of any 64 bit systems or 64 portabilities issues

There is certainly an option in Vista64 to run an app as a 32bit much like running it as a XP application

New Horizons Productions
Berethor ♦ beskhu3epnm ♦ blade2k5 ♦ dmscopio ♦ dedgren ♦ emilin ♦ Ennedi ♦ Heblem ♦ jplumbley
Divide wouanagaine by zero and you will in fact get one...one bad-ass that is - Alek King of SC4

anandus

I have exactly the same error (Win7, 32bit).
The proper DX-dll is in system32, etc.
I've checked all the dll's, and they're all there.
I've also copied the python.dll to the windows/system32 directory, just to be sure.

Running as administrator doesn't help.
Compatibility mode (Vista, XPSP2, XPSP3) doesn't help either nor does disabling the desktop composition.

Haven't got a clue what the problem is?

Edit:
After manually registering msvcp71.dll it worked! (regsvr32.exe etc.)
For some reason it didn't 'get' it?

TWAK

how do you manually register that .dll?
my issue is
Traceback (most recent call last):
  File "SC4Terraformer.py", line 4, in ?
  File "zipextimporter.pyo", line 78, in load_module
  File "SC4TerraformerApp.pyo", line 3, in ?
  File "zipextimporter.pyo", line 91, in load_module
ImportError: MemoryLoadLibrary failed loading tools3D.pyd

and this worked on my old windows 7 (64bit) RC, but not this one

wouanagaine

Did you put all the dll in the same folder as SC4TF ?
I don't know yet what is the order of search for dll on win7

New Horizons Productions

ConcreteBuilder

If i'm down loading SC4 Terraformer..... where do i save it? is it a windows app? or a desk top?
  if anyone as a answer... thanks you

dobdriver

At the moment I have terraformer in a directory on the desktop (not the best place I might add).

On a laptop running windows 7 32bit.
Gdiplus.dll and msvcp71.dll are in c:\windows\system32. The Feb 2010 version of Dx9.0c is installed and My Docs has been relocated to the root of c:\

Terraformer is running without a hitch.

Cheers
dobdriver