• Welcome to SC4 Devotion Forum Archives.

Growing JRJ Mickebear's Med small Res. houses

Started by Une_ame, December 29, 2009, 09:03:43 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Une_ame

After downloading Jeronij Mickebear's Med small Res. houses, I find it impossible to make them grow in my cities. As I'm using BlockAllMaxibuilding MOD, no RE are growing at all !!

OC, I've got the dependencies (for a long time) and I'm able to open the LOTs with LE. Do anyone already has a problem like that ? Or an idea of the pb origine ()what()?

http://sc4devotion.com/csxlex/lex_filedesc.php?lotGET=468
babuloziwad / adj Above perfection in SC4; Dude, this MOD is ~ !

metarvo

Do you have the Euro building set selected?  It's the only set that these buildings are included in according to the description that I read.
Find my power line BAT thread here.
Check out the Noro Cooperative.  What are you waiting for?  It even has electricity.
Want more? Try here.  For even more electrical goodies, look here.
Here are some rural power lines.

Une_ame

BarbyW

As all those lots are R$ and set to grow at stage 1 your cities may be beyond growing them now. They are not easy to grow but I have had them pop up in some of my cities.
Inside every old person is a young person wondering what happened. TP

Barbypedia: More alive than the original

Une_ame

TY for your fast answer but I actually plan to use them in the very beginning of my city (and to make them historical, since they're sooo nice $%Grinno$%), so I don't think that their stage could be the reason I'm looking for.

I look at the lots in LE and here what I find :

The prop I click on (it appears in blue) should have been a tree (or somthing like that), and it is a French Highway roadsign (quite strange in a little Med. city ::))

Could it be a reason for this "bug" ?

Une_ame

I finally succed in making those babies growing !!!!

What I do :

- I delete the "BlockAllMaxibuilding" Mod.

What I've seen :

- When the MBear's houses start to grow, I make sure to make them "historical" BUT for the game, it seems that it's still OK to change some of them to Maxi's standard small houses.

What I understand :

- those nice Med. homes must have the same identification than some Maxi's Lots. That's why they are block by the NoMaxiBuildings Mod and can be exchange by the game even if you've made them historical.

The strange thing is that the roadsign never appears in the game's lots !!! Mystery, mystery......

What you think Barby ????

BTW, happy new year to everyones.  &hlp &hlp

BarbyW

There is no reason why a Block Maxis mod should affect these lots as they have no references to Maxis buildings at all. Which particular Block Maxis mod are you using? I need to look at that to check as the mod I use does not affect these houses at all.

Une_ame

I'm using DuskTrooper's BlockAllMaxisbuildings Mod.

Linkie -> http://www.simtropolis.com/stex/details.cfm?id=16393

BarbyW

une_ame, I hope you aren't using CAM as that mod is not compatible. You would be better using the BSC No Maxis
Nevertheless I still cannot see why removing the mod would allow the lots to grow. I am blocking Maxis with the BSC mod and have just had one of these JRJ_MBEAR lots grow. You have had Euro or ALL tileset selected? They do only grow in the Euro tileset.

Une_ame

I'm not playing with the CAM.

Yes, Barby. I choose the Euro tileset. I understand that your Mod can distinguish those specific buildings from Maxi's when DT's can't.

However, how is it possible that the game itself can't ???

BarbyW

Quote from: Une_ame on January 03, 2010, 09:25:24 AM
I understand that your Mod can distinguish those specific buildings from Maxi's when DT's can't.

However, how is it possible that the game itself can't ???

There is no reason for the BSC Mod to allow any houses that have Maxis references to grow no matter who made them. 
As for why the game can't distinguish, who knows? I still think you must have had something else that interfered with the growth of these houses as neither mod should make any difference whatsoever.

SeanSC4

Try only selecting the Euro tileset while having none of the other three selected. Some building seems quirky in that they will only grow if ONLY the Euro tileset is selected.

rooker1

I have just spent a few minutes testing these and I have found that I can get them to grow very easily with BSC No Maxis mod with the Euro tile set on and in three new cities, but when I go to an already established city I can not get them to grow at all.  I believe this is the point that Barby was trying to make earlier on and that you are/were already passed the stage one demand mark.

Robin
Call me Robin, please.

Une_ame

Ok, you should be right, I'm must have done something wrong &Thk/(.

TY for your help to all of you guys.

Thanks Barby for your time :thumbsup:.

Since I've succeed in making the lots grow and you find a reasonable explanation, I think this request can be close.