• Welcome to SC4 Devotion Forum Archives.

Railroad crossings and other traffic props

Started by jondor, May 31, 2011, 02:21:55 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

TJ1

Awesome progress on phase 2 Jondor.!! Waiting patiently :)

MandelSoft

I've uploaded a S3D stoplight mod a while ago and I'm currently working again on this mod. So far, I've done all OxO intersections of the Maxis networks. The diagonal intersections are behaving more... pesky. From what I think what's working correctly, I've attached to this post. Choose a stoplight design, install the T21 overrides and extract the stoplight post models and then you can test this mod.  ;)

It's still a WIP project, so not everything might work.

Additional stoplight post designs are welcome!

Enjoy!
Maarten

EDIT: STUPID! I didn't include the stoplight post exemplars. Revised version is uploaded on DropBox (too large to attach to a post): http://dl.dropbox.com/u/24507921/StoplightReplacementSet_DEV_v01.zip
Lurk mode: ACTIVE

j-dub

Was wondering why I couldn't see them before yesterday night, I was getting real frustrated, trying to figure out, did I install these right? Hopefully when I try it again now, they will work; just more moving files and folders around.

EDIT: NOPE! still don't work no matter where i put them.

MandelSoft

A new version (v0.2) is uploaded: http://dl.dropbox.com/u/24507921/zzz_MRTNRLN_Stoplight_Replacement_Mod.zip

- Folder organisation. Installation should be more or less straight-forward
- Improved stoplight post models
- Diagonal Maxis intersections are now included
- NAM and NWM still not supported

Best,
Maarten

MandelSoft

Double post....

New version (v0.3) is up. You can download it from same location as the previous version at the post above. This version includes:
- Three T21 stoplight layouts:
  * Scandinavian (experimental, not complete yet)
  * Euro, variant 1
  * Euro, variant 2 (NEW!)
- LHD support for "Euro, variant 2".
- More stoplight post sets:
  * Simple, curved
  * Simple, angled arm (NEW!)

Have fun with testing!

Best,
Maarten

jdenm8

Thought I'd give it a try since I saw there was some LHD compatibility.

Avenue TuLEPs Type A1/B1 intersection has both light heads on one side facing the wrong direction.

Avenue Type A1 + Intersection has one light head on one side facing in the wrong direction.

Avenue Type A1 + Road Type A1 Intersection uses the maxis pole model on one of the Road spurs.

Standard Avenue T Junction and standard Avenue + junction use Maxis Pole models on all sides.

"We're making SimCity, not some dopey casual game." -Ocean Quigley

MandelSoft

^^ Acknowledged and corrected. New version is uploaded now ;)

ivo_su

Maarten can you get images with different variants of the models (U.S., Germany, Netherlands, etc.) We do not know which of all to choose. Also I wonder if there will soon be crossing diagonally on rails with AVE-6.

MandelSoft

Today I've uploaded version 0.4 of my stoplight mod. The following updates have been made:

- NWM support added (NWM TuLEPs are RHD only for now...)
- General Bugfixes

Download link: http://dl.dropbox.com/u/24507921/zzz_MRTNRLN_Stoplight_Replacement_Mod.zip

Quote from: ivo_su on May 13, 2012, 01:28:21 PM
Maarten can you get images with different variants of the models (U.S., Germany, Netherlands, etc.) We do not know which of all to choose.

Well, here you have an overview:

Some in-game pictures:
- Euro Layout:

- Scandinavian Layout:

Go out and test it, especially the LHD setups ;)

Best,
Maarten

MR.Y

Hi Maarten:

First of all: great work, I like them very much.

I have some points for your german traffic lights.
I think, they are to big. Try to make it a little bit smaller. If the bigger version looks more realistic, you can use it on, instead you use the smaller one. Also there is a small detail, wich you found on most german traffic lights. Just the ußßer ones above the road have panels, the ones right and left the road don't have. Also the bow from the TLs right to the upper ones is wider. A second small detail at bgerman TLs is, that you always found stopsigns and yield sign. May it seems to make no sence, but they control the traffic, if the TLs are out of order. And a third small detail is the color of the pylon. I think in grey it would look better.

But, In my opinion you make a very good work an I hope to see much mure european mods from you.

ivo_su

Thank you Maarten for their support, now I think I exactly what model to use. Everything you design is more than great.

Ivo

Fresh Prince of SC4D

This is great Maarten, I can only imagine what a full release will be like.

As for any problems, I have a few instances where the mast is not correctly aligned with overhead traffic lights.( the traffic signal is behind the mast ;using EU varation 1, GermanNo Panel, Angular Post). Also I had a problem with signals not showing when I make regular road x road intersection. ( but something tells me it may be just comflict with something my plugins)

Overall this was a good model test. Thank you for the release.
Returning from Call of Duty . Must rebuilt what I destroyed....

MandelSoft

Quote from: MR.Y on May 17, 2012, 11:36:25 AM
I think, they are to big. Try to make it a little bit smaller. If the bigger version looks more realistic, you can use it on, instead you use the smaller one.
I'll try to make smaller versions of the lights...

EDIT: Here's how the smaller version looks (scaled to 66.7%)

Also there is a small detail, wich you found on most german traffic lights. Just the ußßer ones above the road have panels, the ones right and left the road don't have. Also the bow from the TLs right to the upper ones is wider.
This differs per region. Some regions have panels at the back of all their stoplights, some don't. I can't make specific T21s for all different setups, only some generic ones...

A second small detail at bgerman TLs is, that you always found stopsigns and yield sign. May it seems to make no sence, but they control the traffic, if the TLs are out of order.
It's a common practice around here too. I'd like to add some more traffic signs, but I think that will have to wait for a later phase. I'm already dealing with 500-600 T21 exemplars and it's a heck of a job to edit them all for both RHD and LHD. Fortunately, I think I'm halfway there...

And a third small detail is the color of the pylon. I think in grey it would look better.
The posts are already grey. Maybe they look a little white, but they are grey in fact. Moreover, these are generic posts, not the final german ones...

Quote from: Fresh Prince of SC4D on May 17, 2012, 03:40:30 PM
This is great Maarten, I can only imagine what a full release will be like.

As for any problems, I have a few instances where the mast is not correctly aligned with overhead traffic lights.( the traffic signal is behind the mast ;using EU varation 1, GermanNo Panel, Angular Post). Also I had a problem with signals not showing when I make regular road x road intersection. ( but something tells me it may be just comflict with something my plugins)

Overall this was a good model test. Thank you for the release.
Could you provide some images of the bugs for analyses?

A question to the moderators: could we split up this discussion to another thread. I have the feeling I'm hijacking Jondor's thread with my mod...

Best,
Maarten

AhmadAzunai

Dear Maarten,
your stoplight is incredible but i found some issues on it,
this is the correct one,

but i also found the bug in same city

and this is your folder in my plugins folder,

am I place it uncorrectly or is there a bug?
thanks  :thumbsup:

MandelSoft

Quote from: AhmadAzunai on May 18, 2012, 07:01:24 AM

That feature is currently only supported in the Euro1 RHD Layout set...
Quote from: AhmadAzunai on May 18, 2012, 07:01:24 AM

Bug #2: I have to revise that T21 exemplar. Thanks for showing me the bug ;)

Best,
Maarten

jondor

Quote from: mrtnrln on May 18, 2012, 02:40:44 AM
A question to the moderators: could we split up this discussion to another thread. I have the feeling I'm hijacking Jondor's thread with my mod...

Best,
Maarten

Don't worry about hijacking the thread, that's why I named it RR crossings and other traffic props.
All new animated railroad crossing props for networks of all sizes! (Phase 1 complete)--> http://sc4devotion.com/forums/index.php?topic=13209

Mostly writing pony stories on FimFiction.net, but Cities: Skylines is my new best friend.  Anything and everything I made for SimCity 4 is fair game for use and distribution.

MR.Y

@Maarten:

@Panel: Ok ok, I just know the TLs in my region...I hadn't say something about the panel  ;)

@Size: I think, the smaller ones looks too small, I think the normal size is better.

@Traffic Signs: 500-600 T21...wow...very much work. I tip my imaginary hat.

Lowkee33

What's up with the white pixels around the lights?

jdenm8

It's because most modern black target boards have a white border around them to increase visibility. SC4 can't Antialias the image so it's a smooth line, so we get the spotty stuff there. It's more prototypical than not having that border.

"We're making SimCity, not some dopey casual game." -Ocean Quigley

j-dub

Looking great! Not that it so much matters  to me, but when I downloaded, only one of the layout set variations came with the signal placment for the turn lanes.

@Mrtnrln Which layout would I use to keep your signals, but keep the existing US layouts like this?:

More importantly though, my play thru, as attached.