• Welcome to SC4 Devotion Forum Archives.

True Earth

Started by korver, May 04, 2016, 08:05:18 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Unconstantean

mattb325

That picture of Sutherland Falls is spot on  :thumbsup:

art128

Absolutely mesmerizing landscapes. Man and this is just the preview! Looking forward for the full update!
I'll take a quiet life... A handshake of carbon monoxide.

Props & Texture Catalog

korver

- New Zealand (Preview #2) -

New Zealand is getting close to completion, but in the meantime enjoy one last preview before the full update :)

Fiordland National Park holds another one of the country's most incredible natural wonders, Milford Sound. It's one of the world's most impressive fiords.

New Zealand is known for its geysers, and few can compare to its impressive Pohutu Geyser. Erupting up to 20 times a day, it can reach heights up to 100 feet tall.

I'll also be taking a close look at the country's largest city, Auckland. Its Sky Tower is truly spectacular, as is the rest of the skyline which I'm currently finishing up.

-korver

---

Replies

Seaman: It's New Zealand, so expect to see a lot of them :P There's going to be even more in the final update, too ;D

vortext: Thank you very much! Glad you liked the reflection :thumbsup:

reddonquixote: Thank you! I have a lot of stuff I'm finishing up here at the end of the year, so it might be tough to keep up :P

Unconstantean: Glad you liked it :)

mattb325: Thank you very much! :)

art128: Thanks for the kind words!

metarvo

New Zealand is a place I've thought about going before — the natural beauty is stunning.  That geyser would be a real treat to see.  Nice update, Korver!

&apls
Find my power line BAT thread here.
Check out the Noro Cooperative.  What are you waiting for?  It even has electricity.
Want more? Try here.  For even more electrical goodies, look here.
Here are some rural power lines.

Akallan

Simply magnificent! The mountains are dream, your updates with images over-mmp miss me a little! Great job, thank you! &apls
My CJ :

My european road textures project : S N T - v.2.1

Simmer2

________________________________________________________________________________

kelis

Stunning scenes my friend !! The Sky Tower is beautiful  :thumbsup:
.                                                                                                                      

|| Benelux Team || Windows on the World || My Photos on Flickr || Kelis BNL Projects ||

korver

- UPDATE 60: New Zealand -

Today we'll be taking a look at one of the world's most beautiful countries - New Zealand. With geysers, mountains, fjords, and waterfalls dotting the landscape - along with some of the of the world's most beautiful cities - any trip here is truly unforgettable.

We'll start off in the countryside on the South Island - with the sheep population outnumbering people 7 to 1 - expect to see sheep and plenty of them for as far as the eye can see.

You may get stuck in a traffic jam or two here as well..

New Zealand is a land of incredible natural wonders, and one of its most beautiful destinations can be found deep in Fiordland National Park. Cascading 1,904 feet from Lake Quill, there's really no other place on Earth like the incredible Sutherland Falls.

Further north in Fiordland National Park is another one of New Zealand's wonders - Milford Sound. This incredibly grand fiord is a natural treasure, with towering peaks and pristine forests surrounding its shores. Not surprisingly, the fiord is a popular cruise ship destination as well.

Our last stop on the South Island is none other than New Zealand's tallest point - 12,218 foot tall Mount Cook. The Maoris of the Ngai Tahu tribe who live here believe the mountain has a sacred connection as well - Aoraki (as its referred to in their language) is believed to be the most sacred of ancestors from which they descend.

New Zealand is also a land of geysers - and some of the most amazing ones can be found in Rotorua. The famed Pohutu Geyser erupts up to 20 times a day - at heights up to 100 feet tall - making it one of the most popular attractions in the area.

Our last stop will be in New Zealand's largest city - Auckland. Founded back in 1840, it's served as an important industrial and business center ever since, as well as being one of the chief seaports in the region. The skyline is home to a variety of stunning buildings - but they're all dwarfed by the magnificent Sky Tower. Rising 722 feet above the city, the observation deck offers some truly incredible views of the city - and if you're brave enough, bungee jumping as well.

St. Patrick's Cathedral in the heart of downtown is one of the most beautiful sights in the city.

Some overviews of Auckland's stunning skyline.

-korver

---

Replies

metarvo: Thanks! I certainly agree, I would love to go there one day :thumbsup:

Akallan: Thanks for the comment and nice words! :)

Simmer2: Thank you very much!  :)

kelis: Thanks! Glad you liked the Sky Tower picture :)

metarvo

Looks like those cars are going to be stopped for quite a while.  ;D  The closest thing to that kind of a traffic jam I've had was having to stop for cows in the road once — sheep are considerably rarer here, though I have seem them on farms from time to time.

That traffic animation of Auckland is truly impressive, as is the night overview.  Nice update!

&apls
Check out the Noro Cooperative.  What are you waiting for?  It even has electricity.

reddonquixote

Nice! I'm particulalrly drawn to the night scene with the church, but all are very good collection of scenes  &apls &apls
Pay heed to the tales of old wives. It may well be that they alone keep in memory what it was once needful for the wise to know.

vinlabsc3k

Amazing as always!! :o
I can't view Los Angeles and Toronto images. :crytissue:
My creation at CityBuilders.

SimCity 5 is here with the NAM Creations!!

korver

Thanks for the nice comments everyone! :)

metarvo - Thank you! Glad you enjoyed the various types of traffic jams you might find in New Zealand ;D

reddonquixote - Thanks for the kind words! Glad you liked the church scene :thumbsup:

vinlabsc3k - Thank you very much! I had to change those links to dropbox because the imgur links weren't showing for some, unfortunately it seems like dropbox is still blocked in some countries perhaps?  Anyways, the links on the ST version of the entry are still on imgur so you can try those in the meantime.

Seaman

that's even more sheep!

(and I think at least one of them was, in fact, a hobbit!)

Akallan

Beautiful images! The images with the mountains are beautiful, the city is very beautiful. :thumbsup:
My CJ :

My european road textures project : S N T - v.2.1

korver

- UPDATE 61: Canada -

After taking a look at Toronto, today we'll be touring the rest of Canada, another one of the world's most beautiful countries. Our tour starts off on the Eastern shores, in the Newfoundland province. The small town of Red Island Harbour is quite picturesque - and the locals here make their living off some of the richest fishing grounds in the world, the Grand Banks. Wintertime can be quite beautiful - if you're lucky, you might get to see a unique wonder that rarely occurs across the globe: pancake ice.

We travel south to Nova Scotia - where lighthouses dot the coastlines. One of the most famous ones is Peggy's Point Lighthouse - built in 1868, it's one of the areas most famous landmarks and one of Canada's most photographed lighthouses.

Our next stop is Quebec City. Located on the banks of the Saint Lawrence River, Quebec's capital is one of the most historic cities in all of Canada, and in fact is the only North American fortified city north of Mexico whose walls still exist. It's most famous landmark however is the stunning Château Frontenac - built in 1893, this grand hotel is one of Canada's most spectacular buildings.

Not too far away is Montréal, the most populous city in Canada's Quebec province and the second largest city in the country. After Paris, it's the largest primarily French-speaking city in the world. Since it's founding as a small colony on Montréal Island back in 1642, it's transformed into an international metropolis ever since.

We travel into Manitoba where we'll take a look at it's largest city and capital - Winnipeg. Known as the "Gateway to the West", the city is a railway and transportation hub and has a vibrant downtown area.

Canada's great prairies are superb for farming - and have made Saskatchewan known as the breadbasket of Canada. Small rural farms like this one can be seen virtually everywhere.

We head into Alberta, stopping in the "Gateway to the North" - Edmonton. This city of nearly 1 million is home to one of North America's northernmost skylines, filled with highrises like the 441 ft tall ATB Place (formerly known as the Telus Plaza).

Our next stop will be in Northern Alberta - in the city of Fort McMurray. Due to its location near valuable oil sands, massive industrial complexes have sprung up and smokestacks can be seen for miles around.

We head north, venturing into the Arctic - visiting the capital of the Northwest Territories, Yellowknife. Located on the northern shore of Great Slave Lake, it's the only city for hundreds of miles around - and wintertime can be especially brutal here. The YK Centre sign has been an icon in the city for decades, tracking the frigid temperatures. With temps reaching as low as -51 C - make sure you dress warmly!

As we travel further north into Nunavut, the temperatures drop even further - the local Inuit hunters who live here make igloos their home, and have done so for thousands of years. They do a great job of shielding them from the elements - and from the occasional nosy polar bear, too...

Iqaluit is Nunavut's capital - its a city filled with simple yet beautiful architecture. Colorful houses and unique structures like the igloo-shaped St. Jude's Cathedral make this city of 7,700 people stand out. Iqaluit's name literally means "many fishes" - and has long been a prominent fishing location, but stocks have been declining in recent years.

We travel back south, and along the shores of Great Bear Lake is where we'll see one of Canada's most awe-inspiring sights - the Northern Lights. Also known as Aurora borealis, these colorful lights in the sky are the result of electrically charged particles from the sun that enter the earth's atmosphere.

Our last stop in the Arctic is the Mackenzie River delta - where we'll get to see one of Canada's most unique natural wonders, the Pingo. These mounds of soil are filled with a core of expanding ice and usually a small pool of water at the top - and when the ice melts, the pingo collapses. Their name originates from Inuvialuktun word for "small hill" - and can reach huge diameters, sometimes as many 2,000 feet wide.

Our next stop is Calgary - the largest city in Alberta and home of the Calgary Stampede. The city's skyline has seen expansive growth in recent years - giving it one of the most impressive skylines in all of Canada.

The towers of Eigth Avenue Place (completed in 2011 and 2014) rise above the city - they're some of Canada's most spectacular skyscrapers.

For those wanting to get away from it all, there's no better place than the Canadian Rockies. Stunning lakes like Moraine Lake are nestled between pristine forests and towering peaks - and their turquoise color (caused by glacial flour) is truly mesmerizing.

We make our way to Canada's western coast, stopping to take a look at some of the totem poles that dot the shorelines. The ones here at Stanley Park in Vancouver are one of the country's most visited tourist attractions, and are one of the most recognizable cultural symbols of Western Canada.

Our last stop in Western Canada will be Vancouver's downtown - it's one of Canada's best, filled with sleek and modern buildings like the Bentall Centre.  Despite a little rain, it's truly one of Canada's most beautiful cities.

-korver

---

Replies

Seaman: Thanks for the comment! I wanted to make sure I had enough sheep in the countryside pics, I think I accomplished that :P

Akallan: Thanks! Glad you liked the mountains!

metarvo

Awe-inspiring snow scenes here!  :o  ;D  The bright red roofs stand out on the snow like nothing else does.  I had heard that snowy climates often have bright houses — I wonder if this is what inspired the introduction of the different colored metal roofs which we have now in the States.  ;D  I think this is the first time I've seen an igloo in SC4, or even a polar bear for that matter.  Beautiful update!

&apls

reddonquixote

As good as your cities are, your nature scenes steal the show every time  &apls &apls &apls
Pay heed to the tales of old wives. It may well be that they alone keep in memory what it was once needful for the wise to know.

manga rivotra

I think someone once said that you are a real artist when you have managed to make a forest of smokestacks something beautiful. &Thk/( ....
In fact, no doubt no one has said that  $%Grinno$% but it is clear that, as always, everything here is realistic, perfectly reproduced, captivating and clearly splendid ! &apls &apls &apls
I think we can see a certain poetry in these natural or rural landscapes, these snowy cities, or even these industrial complexes!
In summary I love it! Thank you for giving us all this inspiration every week.  :thumbsup:

feyss

Top  :thumbsup:

Those frozen landscapes are my favourites  ;)