• Welcome to SC4 Devotion Forum Archives.

Banished!

Started by Mr_Maison, February 14, 2014, 05:41:55 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

catty

Quote from: Pat on September 08, 2015, 01:34:48 PM
Hrrmmmm looks nice for sure, might think about trying this one out

:)

End of the harbour

and looking towards the harbour

I meant," said Ipslore bitterly, "what is there in this world that truly makes living worthwhile?" DEATH thought about it. "CATS," he said eventually, "CATS ARE NICE.

mrbisonm

Nice arrangement of the harbour, looks like as if it could've been like this for real. I am amazed to see that some folks still play Banished, maybe I should have a go at it again also.

Nice work.

Fred

....Uploading the MFP 1.... (.........Finishing the MFP1)

carlfatal

Very nice pictures!  :thumbsup:
If I would have a computer, where I were able to play Banished, I definately would give it a try.

catty

Hi Guys and  :thumbsup:

QuoteI am amazed to see that some folks still play Banished

If it was still the original Banished then you would be right, but the Colonial Charter Mod has made all the difference, someone asked me over at CB if I'd recommend it and I used SimCity 4 vanilla as opposed to SimCity 4 Deluxe as the example of the difference between the two.

I don't like the flying ducks the latest CC version had added to the game, that's till I found the ducks hides and I've been adding them along the riverbanks, etc to get rid of the ducks that way, and the extra protein will be good for the villagers   ;D

I meant," said Ipslore bitterly, "what is there in this world that truly makes living worthwhile?" DEATH thought about it. "CATS," he said eventually, "CATS ARE NICE.

catty

Have started building the city walls

More pictures here  https://city-builders.info/my-albums/item/354-catty-plays-banished/user/catty

catty

One of the main advantages of Banished is you can keep a number of your previous village saves and if you don't like what you have done you can just start again using a previous save

Mining Settlement with Stone Quarry

As you can't remove quarries once you start one and I didn't like where I'd put this one as I decided that given the high death rate in the Banished mines a Cemetery would make more sense in this location, so going backwards in now looks like this

Also the castle walls have been finished in this area

()stsfd()

mrbisonm

catty

Quote from: mrbisonm on October 03, 2015, 02:27:22 PM
:thumbsup:

Colonial Charter is literally turning Banished into a new game, the latest New Frontier is only just starting to bring in the new options, if you look at this picture here

from my latest village, the two houses in front of the fields are actually 6 houses (2 ground floor, 2 second levels and 2 top levels houses not sure just how many people are living in them) you plop the ground floor and then either add a top level or a second level and then a top level to finish the house off, they are also adding roads to a lot of the buildings as you can now plop things on roads like oak trees which is why I have oak trees so close to these houses front doors

If you want to see what the next CC version is going to give people the ability to do, take a look at the pictures in this topic

http://banishedpeople.freeforums.org/some-mod-impressions-t124.html

While the pictures on page 1 and 2 are great, its the pictures on pages 3 and 4 that are   :clap:

catty

Have been using the new Banished Beta (Beta 1.0.5 version 2) which meant I could then install CC1.6

http://colonialcharter.com/index.php/forum/welcome-mat/2256-colonial-charter-1-6-the-forge-awakens#20429

And while I tried to resist I've been playing around using the new cheat starting conditions "[cc] All the Wild Things" no starving to death or running out of building materials ... a villager might still died tripping over a bucket of milk in the forest and freezing to death is still a option, but otherwise you can concentrate on building your town   $%Grinno$%

catty

Stopped cheating and went back to a normal map as I realized I liked the struggle of keeping my villagers alive, two things someone asked me about what was new in the betas ... so firstly some menu pictures that I took the other day for them to look at

And secondly a couple of pictures from [CC] Old Castle

and looking from the other side

more pictures over here

https://city-builders.info/

()stsfd()

catty

If anyone is wondering just what Banished is like these days you just have to take a look over here

http://banishedpeople.freeforums.org/seaside-port-area-t312.html

its really worth the visit the pictures are   &apls

carlfatal

That´s crazy! I play this game sometimes, and I love it´s look, but these pictures are simply awesome.  :)

And I can understand the first comment. Speechlessness is the right answer.

Themistokles

I have no own experience of this game, but it looks very good also to me.

But I also wouldn't have guessed otherwise, now that I know who's building it. ;D
Come join me on a hike to St Edmea!

Latest update: 7

"In the end, our society will be defined not only by what we create, but by what we refuse to destroy." - John Sawhill

catty

Quote from: Themistokles on March 23, 2016, 01:51:17 PM
...now that I know who's building it

I'm never going to match his skill especially when I go around knocking holes in the maps using the Terraform Mod

Started off ok

But then got carried away

()sad()

Jmouse

Where did you get that mod?

catty

Quote from: Jmouse on April 03, 2016, 11:44:55 AM
Where did you get that mod?

On the CC site here

http://colonialcharter.com/index.php/forum/kralyergs-kave-of-krazy-kontraptions?limitstart=0

I'd also recommend the Irrigate Mod on Page two it was designed for ditches, etc, but you can use it to do this kind of thing

http://banishedpeople.freeforums.org/about-landscape-cc-quays-take-2-t313.html

Jmouse

catty

Another link to a great looking picture   ()stsfd()

http://banishedpeople.freeforums.org/herbalist-compound-t318.html

And some recent ones of mine

not in the same league as Paeng, but still having fun   :thumbsup:

mrbisonm

Quote from: catty on April 13, 2016, 03:55:24 PM
.......... but still having fun.......

.............and that's what counts!! Looking good.

Fred

Themistokles

The first image is very reminding of traditional South-East Asian riverine communities. I think it looks great!  :thumbsup:
Come join me on a hike to St Edmea!

Latest update: 7

"In the end, our society will be defined not only by what we create, but by what we refuse to destroy." - John Sawhill