• Welcome to SC4 Devotion Forum Archives.

NAM 31 Central Bug Tracker Thread

Started by MandelSoft, March 02, 2013, 07:24:51 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

MandelSoft

So, as you all may know, the NAM 31 is out today. Quite a lot of you are excited about it, but it will be quite soon to note a few bugs.

We had a set release date and that brings one big consequence: limited time to test the entire NAM and more importantly, fixing all the bugs. To keep our promise, we decided not to postpone today's release and plan a follow-up version quite soon with most of the bugs reported now fixed (and maybe we could re-enable items that were not stable enough for this release. It may sound cheap, but it's a way to buy us more time. The next version will be in way better shape than the current one.

So what's the deal then with this version? Well, see it as a public beta. You can try out everything now, though it's not entirely bug-free. But this also means we now have a large group of testers. We've already fixed a lot of bugs, but due to the complexity of the NAM, still a lot of bugs are left, especially regarding the new RHW. This version might be also a look into what we as NAM Team modders are dealing with when it comes to bug tracking and fixing them...

To keep track of all bugs, we strongly recommend to post your bugs here in this central bug report thread, so we have a central database of all bugs found. This will make it easier for us to check all the bugs, putting all of them on a checklist and fix them. Some bugs are easier to fix and distibute (e.g. pathing errors, missing LTEXTs, wrong models) than others (overrides, puzzle piece placement bugs).

If you find a bug, please post:
- a way to replicate the bug (in other words, how did you make the bug appear)
- a screenshot of the bug

So keep this bug reports coming! The more bugs we know, the more we can fix

Best,
Maarten

SimTropolis mirror thread: http://community.simtropolis.com/topic/53993-nam-31-central-bug-tracker-thread/?p=1332648

GitHub Bug Tracker: https://github.com/BluelightningSC4/Network-Addon-Mod/issues?page=1&sort=updated&state=open
Lurk mode: ACTIVE

RickD

I get an "Intersection placement string missing" with the cosmetic ramp overplop pieces.
My name is Raphael.
Visit my MD: Empire Bay (My old MD: Santa Barbara County)

Kitsune

It seems the RHW bridges are not part of the standard install - you have to go through a custom install to install them. Don't know if this is by design or not.
~ NAM Team Member

samerton

Quote from: RickD on March 02, 2013, 07:56:44 AM
I get an "Intersection placement string missing" with the cosmetic ramp overplop pieces.

Hmm, do you mean the Narrow Exit Lane pieces? I can't reproduce the bug with those, strangely.

I've only been able to produce a Cosmetic '## Intersection..' bug with the following piece:

GDO29Anagram

Repost:

Quote from: GDO29Anagram on March 02, 2013, 07:45:21 AM
Quote from: jcluvzgamez on March 02, 2013, 07:34:11 AM
Like when trying to cross an straight L-1 MIS ramp over a diagonal RHW-6C the texture came up blank. But other times it worked. Sometimes it works, sometimes it doesn't.

Found it and confirmed.

It's a RULing bug, meaning it's a bug that can't be fixed without updating the Controller.

Everything else sounds like a missing path/texture/model/string bug, which can be fixed by just adding the missing stuff.

That and another "missing stuff" bug: The 6C barriers are still gone.

Well, that and a bunch of other stuff that I'm gonna need to herd in momentarily.
<INACTIVE>
-----
Simtropolis | YouTube | MLP Forums

RickD

Quote from: samerton on March 02, 2013, 07:58:09 AM
Quote from: RickD on March 02, 2013, 07:56:44 AM

Hmm, do you mean the Narrow Exit Lane pieces?

Yes.
My name is Raphael.
Visit my MD: Empire Bay (My old MD: Santa Barbara County)

riiga

RHW-6S Cosmetic Transition - Lane Addition Left is missing preview in all rotations.

EDIT: RHW-6C Cosmetic Piece - Regular Markings - Taper+Thru Arrows and the first thre RHW-8C ones in the tab loop as well.

EDIT2: Symphony Type E1 ramp preview is broken.

jcluvzgamez

Well ImageShack isn't letting me upload pictures anymore. Bummer.
I will take a burger and NAM. Yes I would like RHW with that. Oh and NWM with SAM topping for dessert.

samerton

I'll move this to here:

Quote from: samerton on March 02, 2013, 07:33:17 AM

A slight issue with the Euro textures..

Missing preview icon for the L1 7C, the same goes for L2.

I'm unable to get one ramp to convert, and the other seems to be missing paths.

This L1 overpass reverts to E-MIS.

Blue Lightning

Also known as Wahrheit

Occasionally lurks.

RHW Project

AngryBirdsFan436

Here are my bugs:

The RHW-6S Cable Stayed Compact Bridge was selected but it was built as a Regular RHW-6S Compact Bridge. This also happens with the Steel Arched 6S Compact Bridge!

This always happens when I drag L2 RHW-4 over any RHW network.

This happens on the compact/dual RHW bridges. Is there going to be some update called NAM 31.1? Or it's going to be a hotfix?
SC4 + NAM = 20% Cooler!

MandelSoft

The NAM update is called or NAM 31.1, 31A or 32.

Keep those bug reports coming ;)
Lurk mode: ACTIVE

jcluvzgamez

http://imgur.com/fy4XuSU

I was able to copy Mikes error with the L-2 10S on slope, so that is now confirmed.
I will take a burger and NAM. Yes I would like RHW with that. Oh and NWM with SAM topping for dessert.

samerton

Quote from: jcluvzgamez on March 02, 2013, 08:31:31 AM
http://imgur.com/fy4XuSU

I was able to copy Mikes error with the L-2 10S on slope, so that is now confirmed.

Yup, it seems most/if not all L0-L2 OnSlope transitions aren't overriding correctly.

AngryBirdsFan436

Quote from: MandelSoft on March 02, 2013, 08:28:31 AM
The NAM update is called or NAM 31.1, 31A or 32.

Keep those bug reports coming ;)
Well, can there be some kind of "warranty" where people would revert to NAM 30/RHW 5 because of the number of bugs? :P :D
And oh, can this be fixed in NAM 31.1?

L2 MHW over any RHW (L0 and L1) gets deconverted to old MHW. And also the bridge bug, can that be fixed? Along with the error about the RHW-6S Cable Stayed and Steel Arched Bridge being built as a Regular 6S Compact Bridge? And also, will our lost friend filler pieces be available in NAM 31.1?
SC4 + NAM = 20% Cooler!

samerton

Quote from: AngryBirdsFan436 on March 02, 2013, 08:36:30 AM
And also, will our lost friend filler pieces be available in NAM 31.1?

There were too many 'unsolved' bugs for it to be included in this release, hopefully they'll be sorted for the next version :)

Dragging ground RHW-4 under L4-MIS changes the RHW-4 to L1 RHW-2.

riiga

jcluvzgamez

http://i.imgur.com/nmkCNMG.jpg

2 More bugs. The textures for the Dual MIS to Avenue transition are missing.

And the missing texture that I was talking about dragging L-1 MIS over diagonal RHW 6-C. It looks like I didn't drag it, but I did.

EDIT: http://i.imgur.com/IvPtIat.jpg

Found another one. Big gaping hole in this bridge.

EDIT 2: http://i.imgur.com/dA5VRYe.png

Found yet another one. My Bullet Train tracks have the BTM suppports and the Monorail supports crushed together.

arl85

I've noticed that when I change the install path from c:\users\admin\documents\... to c:\users\user\documents\... some .dat went into "old" (admin) folder. They are folder of mass transit lots and textures.