• Welcome to SC4 Devotion Forum Archives.

Adding / Correcting Filling Degree

Started by Panda_Power, May 07, 2010, 06:59:54 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Panda_Power

Hello!

I want to ask about adding and changing filling degrees. Would it make a big impact on my game if I changed some of the filling degrees to what I think they should be and if I added filling degrees to lots that didn't have one?

How does the game deal with lots that don't have a filling degree?

I've attached this one as an example. Would I be right in thinking that the filling degree on this one is way out? I think it should be around maybe 0.25 to 0.3 at the most.

Thanks!

Andreas

The filling degree has no meaning to the game, it just ignores it. That's why lots that haven't been edited with SC4PIM don't have that property at all. And yes, I'd say the proper filling degree in this case would be about 0.25 or so, as the building barely fills one quarter of the bounding box.
Andreas

Panda_Power

Oh OK, thanks for your reply....I'll just leave them all as they are then.

SeanSC4

Filling degree has no effect ingame. Based on my own experiences, you want to be focused on the density per tile of your building more than anything.
http://sc4devotion.com/forums/index.php?topic=1987.0

Using that chart, it's quite easy to CAMify buildings at the stage you feel they should be growing at.

RippleJet

Since you brought up the Poseidon Tower... :)
there's one thing that has to be considered when estimating its Filling Degree.

The building in the game consists of two parts, the base (which is the building, as seen in your picture),
plus the upper part, which is a prop that is twice the height of the base.

Nycc06 wasn't able to render the whole tower in one part,
thus the solution with having the top part rendered separately as a prop.

When setting the filling degree of the building in the yellow box as seen in the image,
you need to consider that you would squeeze the missing prop into that box as well... ::)

The same concept is also explained in Barby's SC4PIM How to make a neighbourhood or mega lot. ;)

Panda_Power

I didn't realize that, thank you!

p.s. The work you did on the Nycc06 buildings is great....I think I've pretty much added them all to my game! :)