• Welcome to SC4 Devotion Forum Archives.

Is this right? Greyscale image don't come out right

Started by frdrcklim, May 16, 2008, 02:02:48 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

frdrcklim

Here's a sample

Wow. Nice, I think I'll download.

The greyscale map.

Picture from the upper right part of the region

Huh. There's water where there shouldn't be  ()what().

Something's wrong here. I downloaded a jpeg of aosta valley in simtrop. The rivers looked nice but when I was going there, the gentle rivers looked like deep canyons. I could just lower the entire map using the terraforming tool in God mode, for every map that I have to open in the region, but there's something really fishy here.
300... 200... 100... 50... 40... 30... 20... 10

Yep, I still got it.

wouanagaine

Can you give me a ling to the download file please ?
I've search the stex for aosta valley but it is not at all the same pic you showed

However in the aosta valley description it says :
QuoteThe region is 9x5 big cities wide, grab the JPG and render it with SC4 Terraformer with a scale factor of 2000m, then do a "lower terrain" of 700 for a correct water level, finally equalize to remove any unwanted roughness.
You may have selected the wrong scale factor
And as SC4Mapper does not provide a "lower terrain" you're likely to be stucked
You may ask the map author to provide you a SC4M or 16bit png or download SC4TF from here http://www.sc4devotion.com/csxlex/lex_filedesc.php?lotGET=731

New Horizons Productions
Berethor ♦ beskhu3epnm ♦ blade2k5 ♦ dmscopio ♦ dedgren ♦ emilin ♦ Ennedi ♦ Heblem ♦ jplumbley
M4346 ♦ moganite ♦ Papab2000 ♦ Shadow Assassin ♦ Tarkus ♦ wouanagaine
Divide wouanagaine by zero and you will in fact get one...one bad-ass that is - Alek King of SC4

frdrcklim

Sorry, the pictures above is Pacific Rim National Park. I guess I forgot to mention :-[.

Here's aosta valley (I didn't know you have to edit them. I always keep it default cause I thought default means normal)
http://www.simtropolis.com/stex/index.cfm?p=results

Yep, I still got it.

wouanagaine

if you use the NHP PacificRim, the best option is to use the enclosed SC4M in SC4Mapper instead of the jpg

default means normal, but if the map author tell you to use 2000m, then use 2000m :)

New Horizons Productions
Berethor ♦ beskhu3epnm ♦ blade2k5 ♦ dmscopio ♦ dedgren ♦ emilin ♦ Ennedi ♦ Heblem ♦ jplumbley
M4346 ♦ moganite ♦ Papab2000 ♦ Shadow Assassin ♦ Tarkus ♦ wouanagaine
Divide wouanagaine by zero and you will in fact get one...one bad-ass that is - Alek King of SC4

frdrcklim

This is weird. I swear I saw that. I wonder why did I used the jpeg?

Pacific Rim is working fine now. Thx. ;D

Yep, I still got it.

Russellhmfc

Im sorry but can someone help me, i cannot download sc4 mapper as i cannot find the download button on that page? what am i doing wrong?

bob56

you need to register seperately at the LEX. Once you do that, the download button should show up
You can call me Grif

--Currently out of the office, will resume SC4 7/19

thekillers