• Welcome to SC4 Devotion Forum Archives.

Problem Installing BAT

Started by bwhitejr, February 02, 2013, 09:41:10 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

bwhitejr

I am attempting to install the MAXIS Building Architectural Tools. I have already installed SC4 Deluxe in its own directory on a games drive separate from the "C:\" drive. Likewise I have installed GMAX on a drive separate from the other two drives. I am also running Windows 7, SP1.
I am getting an error message that BAT can not find the SC4 game installation. Is there something that I am missing? A couple of the tools programs (like PIM-X) require a new/different version of some file. Or is there a registry hack I need to perform?
Any help would be appreciated.

callagrafx

I think the BAT installer just looks for the path c:\Program Files (x86)\Maxis\Simcity 4 Deluxe and the path to the Simcity 4\Plugins folder in your documents... Because you've installed them somewhere other than the default location it can't find the game installation
The trouble with having an open mind, of course, is that people will insist on coming along and trying to put things in it

bwhitejr

I tried reinstalling to the path recommended to no effect.  Does anyone know if EA still supports the BAT? (Probably not). Looking to find a way into the BAT config. file or a registry hack to tell BAT where to find SimCity.  BTW, this is an Origin download/install -- not from the Maxis install disks--with all the updates included.

jmbzine

I'm having the same problem. Does anyone know a workaround for folks who installed Sim City 4 through origin?

Thanks,
James