• Welcome to SC4 Devotion Forum Archives.

WIP - Arinsia

Started by feyss, June 17, 2012, 12:22:40 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

M4346

Beautiful mosaic and spectacular night time views up there ^

Wonderful MD!  :thumbsup:

M
New Horizons Productions
Berethor ♦ beskhu3epnm ♦ blade2k5 ♦ dedgren ♦ dmscopio ♦ Ennedi
emilin ♦ Heblem ♦ jplumbley ♦ moganite ♦ M4346 ♦ papab2000
Shadow Assassin ♦ Tarkus ♦ wouanagaine

Blakeway

Nom de Zeus! Vraiment très beau!
Very well done!  &apls

P.S. J'ai eu l'impression que t'étais wallon, alors je te salue ô frère de langue.

feyss

Schulmanator > Thanks  :thumbsup:
M4346 > Thank you  :)
Blakeway > Merci. je ne sais pas comment tu as deviné  ;D

Hello everybody. Today, I will show you two other parts of the city: Merckenberg and Kersbeek. I think you know already the fist one with the night pictures previously posted. The second one is totally new.  :)

A little map to show you the situation:

6. MERCKENBERG
QuoteLocated in the north of the old town and surrounded by water, Merckenberg is the first neighbourhood to be build outside the city walls. Formerly a poor settlement, Merckenberg has became a prosperous neighbourhood nowadays.

The "KoninginPlein" and the "Sint-RemaclusKerk"

The "Ribaucourt Paleis", where is located the government

The "Sint-Remaclus Tuin", on the hill above Merckenberg

The old market, the oldest market in the city.

7. KERSBEEK
QuoteLocated on the other shore of The "Koloniën Haven", Kersbeek offer different contrasts: old industrial area along the port, offices building in the north and some old houses in the south wich are trying to resist to the buildings pressure.

The "BerckmansPlein" and The "Sint-BernardusKerk", heart of the neighbourhood.

I hope you like it  :)

eldaldo

Wow,  What a massive update.  I really like your style.  you have a complex maze of transport weaving through hills and teirs of nice buildings.  I like your CBD as well.  Thanks for the update!

benedict

Just amazing.

As always, I love the rail transport. The S-curve incorporating a bridge in the first image is excellent.
I also really like the night pictures of Kersbeek - the lighting on the cathedral/church is stunning.
I hadn't expected such modern buildings in the CBD - nice to see that the city is embracing its heritage and its future.
Click on the banner to celebrate!

Schulmanator

Impressive! I like the detail and quality in what you made.
See the all-new National Capital Region!:http://sc4devotion.com/forums/index.php?topic=15118.0

Dantes

A very impressive city.  :) On the slopes, I would plop a little mmp green. I like the atmosphere you have the pictures.  &apls &apls &apls

rooker1

I love the pics.  It took me so long to go through it all I need to go get another coffee.
Great work!!
Robin
Call me Robin, please.

Swordmaster

Very nice, a very varied as well.

I would recommend, if you're open to it, that you publish smaller updates but more frequently. It's more enjoyable for your readers than one big chunk. Just an idea ;)

Cheers
Willy

feyss

Hello, i just show you a picture of the next city: Olsen  ;)

(You can click on the picture to enlarge it)

Quote from: eldaldo on February 18, 2013, 10:22:06 AM
Wow,  What a massive update.  I really like your style.  you have a complex maze of transport weaving through hills and teirs of nice buildings.  I like your CBD as well.  Thanks for the update!
Thank you too for reading it and enjoying it!   :)

Quote from: benedict on February 20, 2013, 07:12:43 AM
Just amazing.

As always, I love the rail transport. The S-curve incorporating a bridge in the first image is excellent.
I also really like the night pictures of Kersbeek - the lighting on the cathedral/church is stunning.
I hadn't expected such modern buildings in the CBD - nice to see that the city is embracing its heritage and its future.
Thank you! For the CBD, I didn't plan to build all those buildings when I began the city. But I build one, two, three... and so on. I can't stop  :D

Quote from: Schulmanator on February 20, 2013, 04:54:35 PM
Impressive! I like the detail and quality in what you made.
Thank you too.  :thumbsup:

Quote from: Dantes on February 21, 2013, 02:19:55 AM
A very impressive city.  :) On the slopes, I would plop a little mmp green. I like the atmosphere you have the pictures.  &apls &apls &apls
Thank you. I don't know what is the "little mmp green". If you could explain me  :)

Quote from: rooker1 on February 21, 2013, 05:29:07 AM
I love the pics.  It took me so long to go through it all I need to go get another coffee.
Great work!!
Robin
Thanks a lot!   :thumbsup:

Quote from: Swordmaster on February 21, 2013, 07:10:15 AM
Very nice, a very varied as well.

I would recommend, if you're open to it, that you publish smaller updates but more frequently. It's more enjoyable for your readers than one big chunk. Just an idea ;)

Cheers
Willy
Thank you.  I agree with you. I will try to do that.  :)
My problem is that I begin something in my cities and I don't finish it for a while and I don't want to post unfinished pictures.  $%Grinno$%

Schulmanator

Great looking town! I like your work. :D
See the all-new National Capital Region!:http://sc4devotion.com/forums/index.php?topic=15118.0

Dantes

The city center is planned well and I like the city moved the story can be read at thebuildings. Very impressive.

jeckyll

I like the CBD  ;)
Grey brick textures have drawn my attention, good use of them! Did you edit NAM curves by yourself or maybe is that mod?

benedict

I love the elevated railway around the city center - does it form a ring?

feyss

Hello everybody. It's been a while I didn't posted here.

My game wouldn't load the previous city. So I began an new map of Arinsia with a new Kookart City. The city have good grown in two month. So, I can show you some pictures.  ;)

ARINSIA 2.0

1. KOOKART INTRO

(click to enlarge)

(click to enlarge)

And a little mosaic

See you soon!  ;)

Quote from: Schulmanator on March 20, 2013, 04:42:17 PM
Great looking town! I like your work. :D

Thank you  :thumbsup:

Quote from: Dantes on March 22, 2013, 02:53:57 AM
The city center is planned well and I like the city moved the story can be read at thebuildings. Very impressive.

Thank you.
Yes, I have a huge interest for the planning of my cities. The problems is that sometimes I spent 2 days to make 2 streets.  $%Grinno$%

Quote from: jeckyll on March 22, 2013, 07:33:32 AM
I like the CBD  ;)
Grey brick textures have drawn my attention, good use of them! Did you edit NAM curves by yourself or maybe is that mod?

Thanks.
I made the textures myself but for the curves, it comes from à japanese mod.

Quote from: benedict on March 29, 2013, 11:43:57 AM
I love the elevated railway around the city center - does it form a ring?

Thanks a lot.  :thumbsup:
Yes, it form a ring. Unfortunately, I can't show you more pictures of it.  &mmm

nbvc

Nice city. I like your rivers and ports. &apls

Kergelen

I always liked the hilly terrain of Arinsia and your way to build the cities. So I like to see some hills in this second version and love the idea to build on an island in the middle of the river (I guess is a river) &apls

Links to SC4 websites

vortext

Great city!  &apls

The city blocks are awesome, though some could use a little more pruning imho.

Which church is that in the bottom of the mosaic btw? Looks nice! I'm also curious to see the other side with all the stairs. ;)

Keep it up!  :thumbsup:
time flies like a bird
fruit flies like a banana

Schulmanator

benedict

So sad that you can't load the first version, but the new version looks just as incredible. Glad you're back with an update.