• Welcome to SC4 Devotion Forum Archives.

The Greater Terran Region

Started by Haljackey, December 28, 2007, 01:38:46 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

JoeST

so your admiting that RHW3.0 will be released this month? :P
Copperminds and Cuddleswarms

TheChosenOne

Quote from: JoeST on January 06, 2009, 07:28:20 AM
so your admiting that RHW3.0 will be released this month? :P

Not only this month but very soon!
(I think...)
Can't wait for that special update Hal.! I'm now preparing for the RHW 3.0, training at the RHW 2.0. I didn't use the RHW untill now - and it rocks!
I made some interchanges(based on yours ::)) and started using it in my cities. It's awesome!

Haljackey

Replies:

mrtnrln:  Glad that PM helped ya!  I wouldn't pay for it either!

JoeST:  Heck no!  All I can say is that RHW 3.0 is imminent, that's all :P!

TheChosenOne:  Yes indeed.  Yes RHW 2.0 is a great way to prepare for RHW 3.0!  Hehe, glad you found them inspirational!

Update time!

Well, I've done my part with NAM and RHW testing, so now I can continue on with the GTR!  I have a special update in sore for you:  A new 4-way RHW/RHW interchange using the new RHW 3.0!

In addition to the pictures, I have once again made a UDI video showing me driving throughout the interchange.  I hope you enjoy it!

Pictures
Click on the images for full resolution!  (1920x1200)

An overview of the central section of the interchange:

The El-MIS proves useful as it easily overpasses this wide highway junction.

The El-MIS action once again, proving its usefulness.

One of my favorite pics, showing nothing but MIS and its versatility in RHW 3.0.

Two MIS ramps come together and form a RHW-4.

A partial interchange with a local road before the main interchange.

The main interchange junction.  Notice how part of the highway pretty much splits apart to connect with the others.

One of the two loops in the interchange.

The full interchange, zoomed out.
-Note:  Saved at 100% quality (high file size), so it may take a while to load when clicked on.

And lastly, the interchange at night:

Video

This video, entitled "Sim City 4 Highway Interchange II", will showcase the new interchange from a UDI perspective.
-I made this video in high-definition, but I will also provide lower quality videos for those who do not have a fast enough connection to view in high-def.
-If you have any problems, follow the link below.  Make sure you turn up your speakers!

Watch in low quality.  (Recommended for slow connections.)
http://www.youtube.com/v/21TVPAW5sFE

Watch in high quality.  (Recommended for medium connections.)
http://www.youtube.com/v/21TVPAW5sFE&=18&ap=%2526fmt%3D22

Watch in high definition.  (Recommended for fast connections.)
http://www.youtube.com/v/21TVPAW5sFE&=22&ap=%2526fmt%3D22

Link:

SD:  http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=21TVPAW5sFE
HD:  http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=21TVPAW5sFE&fmt=22

Anyways, I hope you enjoyed it!  The GTR is back! :)

Best,
-Haljackey

nerdly_dood

Excellent use of RHW! This is one of your most confusing interchanges yet! :thumbsup:
My days here are numbered. It's been great and I've had a lot of fun, but I've moved on to bigger and better things.
—   EGO  VOBIS  VADELICO   —
Glory be unto the modder and unto the fun and unto the city game!

deathtopumpkins

Wow, that is a huge interchange! Very complex, and very well laid out. I wish they built interchanges like that in RL.

Though I'll have to watch the video later on my ipod. Can't watch it on here still.  ;)

And I see we have an update before RHW 3.0... when I saw the email notification for this I had to go and check...  :D
NAM Team Member | 3RR Collaborater | Virgin Shores

TheChosenOne

When I saw the threads with recent replies at the homepage, I thought the RHW was out since you updated your MD!
That interchange is one of the best I've ever seen from you! It confuses my mind too!
I just upgraded my Internet, so I can see your video in HD! It looks awesome! Great interchange!
-TheChosenOne

MandelSoft

A heck of an interchange, Hal! I have something simillar (well actually smaller, but still complicated) in Imaginia. This is a great update, which shows what you can really do with the RHW 3.0.

Best,
Maarten
Lurk mode: ACTIVE

io_bg

Visit my MD, The region of Pirgos!
Last updated: 28 November

sim_link

That's one large interchange, awesome job. :thumbsup:(It's also very teasing! $%Grinno$%)
The elevated MIS is awesome. (So too are the MIS splitters and RHW-4 MIS splitter.)

Awesome job, can't wait to see more 3.0 and GTR!

-sim_link

projectadam

Haljackey,

I think that making roads and interchanges (for the most part) is really easy. The thing that amazes me about yours is the surrounding areas of the roads and how natural the interchanges look in these settings. Excellent interchange and with the music selection you chose, I was waiting for something to explode or something :D
The Constitutional Monarchy of Ichigamin

Terraforming Update (8/25/09)

bat

Great interchange there with the RHW! Also nice video!

Looking forward to more... :)

Nexis4Jersey

OMG, Those RHW Interchanges give me goosebumps  ;D :) &apls

Tarkus

Haljackey, congrats on making it into OSITM this month!  And what a way to "ramp" this MD up . . . that is one of the best interchanges I've ever seen, bar none.  You've adapted very well to RHW Version 3.0, and I can't wait to see what else you do with the new features. :thumbsup:

-Alex (Tarkus)

Ryan B.

The accolades keep piling up!  Congratulations, and very well deserved!

Haljackey

Hey everyone,

In case you didn't know, the new NAM and RHW were released yesterday, in honour of SC4's 6th birthday and #20 for the entire Simcity series.

I've received a lot of questions where to download these two mods, and there seems to be some confusion.  These are not "new" downloads, the new versions have overwritten the previous versions, so that's why they are not appearing on the latest uploads on the LEX.

Here are the direct links to the downloads:

Jan 09 NAM:  http://sc4devotion.com/csxlex/lex_filedesc.php?lotGET=851

RHW 3.0:  http://sc4devotion.com/csxlex/lex_filedesc.php?lotGET=853

(The direct links provided are for Windows ONLY!  Mac users can still follow the links but then should find another direct link to the Mac installer.)

You may see something familiar in the RHW readme screenshots.  :P

Enjoy!  I should have a new update coming shortly which will celebrate the release of SC4's most popular mods.  I will get back to your comments at that time as well.

Oh, and the GTR has now surpassed 500 comments!  This means that as soon as OSITM is up the GTR will be heading into the Classics section.  Thank you so much for your continued support!

All the best,
-Haljackey

TheChosenOne

Hey Hal.!
I just tried out the new NAM and the RHW, it's so AWESOME!!! It rocks!!!
Hehe, that interchange of yours deserved to be on the readme :P
Waiting for that update! I'm hoping it will be super!

sim_link

Quote from: Haljackey on January 15, 2009, 11:41:40 AM
Oh, and the GTR has now surpassed 500 comments!  This means that as soon as OSITM is up the GTR will be heading into the Classics section.  Thank you so much for your continued support!

Congrats, haljackey! The GTR making it to classics is well deserved! :thumbsup:
Can't wait to see what's going on in the GTR.

sithlrd98

As everyone else has stated , Bring out the tank more...I mean congrats on OSITM and here's to the GTR making it into the classics soon!

Jayson

Haljackey

Replies:

Warrior:  Hey, thanks a lot!  Glad you enjoyed it!

nerdly_dood:  Thanks! Confusing?  You need to read the signs a bit more!  :P

deathtopumpkins:  Thanks a lot!  They do in fact, at least in my neck of the woods.  :P
-Ok, I guess ipods work better?

TheChosenOne:  Hehe, its up now!  Thanks!  That's good!  Catcha round!

mrtnrln:  Thank you very much!  Yes indeed.

io_bg:  Thanks so much!

sim_link:  Yes it is.  That's just one of the two splitters you can use in RHW 3.0.

projectadam:  Easy?  Welcome to the GTR my friend!  Yes they need to look good, eyesores don't sit nicely in this region.  Thanks a lot!

bat:  Thanks!  Glad you enjoyed the video!

Nexis:  Hehe, thanks!

Tarkus:  Thanks for stopping by, and thanks for including pics of it in the readme!  Thanks a lot for your comments!

burgsabre87:  First you send me into best sellers, and now into classics?  You're the best.  Thank you!

TheChosenOne (2):  Great, glad you are enjoying them!  Thanks again!

sim_link (2):  Thanks so much!  I bet you can't!  :P

sithlrd98:  Hey, thanks a lot!  More tanks or OSITM?  I'm confused :P.

Update time!

Sorry for the lack of updates recently, RL and uni have been hitting me hard, not to mention the new NAM/RHW release on SC4's 6th birthday.

For this update, I decided to take a cross-section of Downtown and make a mosaic out of it.  Enjoy!

Mosaic

The mosaic posted on-site is 800x10021, broken down into 800x600 segments for easy viewing and faster download times.

Click for full resolution!  (1920x24050)
-Sorry, full resolution image saved at only 75% quality to keep it under 10mb.

I hope you enjoyed it!

Best,
-Haljackey