• Welcome to SC4 Devotion Forum Archives.

The Greater Terran Region

Started by Haljackey, December 28, 2007, 01:38:46 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Haljackey

Replies:

JBSimio:  True, true, its one of the greatest aspects of SC4 that sets it apart from the others.  Thanks for the mosaic comment, and I hope you enjoy the video that I posted at the same time you did :P.  Take care.

metarvo:  Thanks a lot!  Widescreen its the way of the present, it seems :P.

jmdude1:  Yes, I guess so.  I wanted to make my first HD video nice and simple.  Future ones will involve cityscapes.  Sorry for no passing bullet trains, I don't have many stations along the route yet.  :P

un1:  Thanks a lot!  Glad you enjoyed the video!

Tarkus:  Hey, thanks a lot!  Yes, I like the RHW-2 bridge too ;).
-Glad to hear you enjoyed the supermosaic and everything in it!

sithlrd98:  Hehe!  Glad you enjoyed the supermosaic and the video Jayson!

flyinbird93:  Meh, I don't really think much of Youtube comments, they aren't as meaningful to me.  Yes, those hills overlook the urban area.

Lilojame:  Hey, thanks a lot!  Glad you liked the supermosaic and the video!
-Love the new avatar!

nerdly_dood:  Thank you!  Yes, I would gladly replace my police van for one of yours, get on it ;).

bat:  Great to see you back!  Glad you liked the video!

JoeST:  Indeed I have :P.  I'll get back to the city soon enough!

deathtopumpkins:  You should always check your volume DTP :P.  Of course I can "do" rural areas, the GTR is more than just a city!  Yes the cut was a little werid, I'm planning on leveling that sometime soon.  And thanks for letting me know about the trees!  Can you recommend a replacement for Maxis?

Simpson:  Thank you very much!

Pat:  lol!  Thanks a lot Pat!

Update Time!

Well, that's it.  I've used up all the land in Terran Settlement.  This update will showcase what's going there and how the city is dealing with "full build-out" capacity.

Pictures
Click on the images for full resolution!  (1920x1200)

Here we see the last remaining chunk of land.  It has been zoned nearly 100% residential due to the high demand for housing.

Although at first, it seems no one wants to move in.   ()what()

But, the construction boom eventually begins.

Looking at the main connection that will feed the new residential area.  It has been widened significantly to prepare for higher volumes.

The city seems to be climbing out of the recession quite nicely!

The riverfront skyline has rebuilt itself.  It's odd to see repetitive buildings, but I'm betting they will be replaced by others soon enough.

A zoom-out of the industrial area with the road improvements.  The overpass and diagonal RHW ramp have now been completed, and should really alleviate traffic congestion.

Looking at the large "expressway" intersection.  I may use RHW 3.0 to transform it due to the abundant space.  The rail overpass may also be converted to a El-RHW.

I am using a new alpha build of RHW 3.0, and it seems to have correctly generated the long-awaited RHW-OWR transition!

...And I'll end the update with a pic overlooking the rail junction.  The forest seems to be recovering from the fire.

That's it for now!  I'm planning on making another High-def video, which, if done in time, will be in the next update!

Best,
-Haljackey

Ryan B.

Great update, Haljackey!  I like your use of the RHW alpha and your planning!

un1

&apls :o Great update hal! Your cities are looking great!  :o &apls
-un1

nerdly_dood

Not bad! In the 5th image, though, it looks like it would be a pain to make a left turn at the highway interchange, with that bullet-train line in the middle... But at least YOUR city's recovering from the recession; our real one doesn't seem to have... And do I see where you seem to have shifted the avenue to make room for the OWR/MIS transition?

Great update overall.
My days here are numbered. It's been great and I've had a lot of fun, but I've moved on to bigger and better things.
—   EGO  VOBIS  VADELICO   —
Glory be unto the modder and unto the fun and unto the city game!

sithlrd98

Lookin good Hal! I'm sure that all will be fine with the repetition , you've got plenty of sims looking for new diggs!

Jayson

Tarkus

Hal, yet another great update here in GTR. :thumbsup:  Glad to see Terran Settlement is recovering from the recession, and doing it in quite spectacular fashion!  I'm glad you're enjoying that MIS-OWR transition, and am looking forward to seeing that RHW Expressway rebuilt there. ;)

-Alex (Tarkus)

MandelSoft

Another Widescreen-video is coming? Wow!

Nice update, Hal! I've seen that you've fixed some intersections (and it's a fact: the OWR->MIS transition IS usefull!). Can't wait for the next update!

Best,
Maarten
Lurk mode: ACTIVE

metarvo

That's the inevitable.  Cities eventually run out of space, and then they must build either out or up.  It's good to see that Terran Settlement's recession has ended.  I'm looking forward to the next video, Hal.  :)
Find my power line BAT thread here.
Check out the Noro Cooperative.  What are you waiting for?  It even has electricity.
Want more? Try here.  For even more electrical goodies, look here.
Here are some rural power lines.

bat

That's a nice update there! And looking forward to the next video... ;)

Haljackey

Replies:

burgsabre87:  Hey, thanks a lot!  Glad you enjoyed the RHW!

un1:  Thank you very much!

nerdly_dood:  Well, there are U-turns at the edge of the overpass so interchanging traffic can turn around, one of the cons of this design.  And yes the OWR transition is looking fantastic eh?  Thanks for the comment!

sithlrd98:  Thanks!  Glad you think so, thanks a lot!

Tarkus:  Is it?  Thanks a lot!  We'll see if that intersection will be upgraded... :P

mrtnrln:  Yep, this time in true High-Def!  I love the MIS-OWR transition, that's for sure!

metarvo:  Very true.  Hope you like the new video!

bat:  Thanks bat!  I hope you will enjoy the next video!

Update Time!

Time for a new video!  I have mastered the new technique of uploading widescreen videos to Youtube, so this one should turn out much better.

In addition, shortly after going widecreeen, Youtube went High-Def as well (better than watch in high-quality).  However, watching in HD can cause lag for slower connections, so I will provide a Standard-Definition video as well.

I hope you enjoy it!  Part of this video takes place in the newly reconstructed industrial artery!

Video

Two Youtube video boxes should appear below.  If you can't see them or are having problems, follow the link below them.  Oh, and make sure you turn up your speakers!

Watch in Standard-Definition.  (Recommended for slower connections.)
http://www.youtube.com/v/bVxBmyg6c3g

Watch in High-Definition.  (Recommended for faster connections.)
http://www.youtube.com/v/bVxBmyg6c3g&=22&ap=%2526fmt%3D22

Link:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bVxBmyg6c3g

I hope you enjoy the new video, whatever definition you view it in :P.

Best,
-Haljackey

Edit:  Attempted to fix video coding due to a problem noted by DTP.  Hope it works now.

Simpson

Hi Hal
My friend, this new update is really fantastic, super video. The RHW and highways are looking incredible as well
So superb work in this update

Looking forward to the next update;
Take care,
David
My new city is now here
The région of Kaikoura

Teaser of Lopsas[+ How did I do it?]:Lopsas

MandelSoft

Well, your mayor doesn't seem to care about the envoirment  ;D

As I said before, your transit networks still suprises me!

Best,
Maarten
Lurk mode: ACTIVE

deathtopumpkins

Neither HD nor SD will play for me... except in about 2-second increments.

http://www.speedtest.net/result/370762913.png
^That's my connection speed as of last night, so I don't think that's a problem...

And I tried to post this comment on youtube, but it wouldn't go through.

The first little bit looked good though!
NAM Team Member | 3RR Collaborater | Virgin Shores

Haljackey

Quote from: deathtopumpkins on December 11, 2008, 02:00:43 PM
Neither HD nor SD will play for me... except in about 2-second increments.

http://www.speedtest.net/result/370762913.png
^That's my connection speed as of last night, so I don't think that's a problem...

And I tried to post this comment on youtube, but it wouldn't go through.

The first little bit looked good though!

Hmm... HD and SD?  Something may be odd with your flash player or connection speed at the time you played it.

My best suggestion would to be to refresh the page, and let the video load completely to avoid jagged or disrupted playback. 

You said you followed the link to Youtube.  Did it work there?  If not there then I don't know what's going on.  It's working fine for me and others.

Hope this helps!

Best,
-Haljackey

metarvo

The video worked fine for me.  It looked so great, too!  :thumbsup:
Find my power line BAT thread here.
Check out the Noro Cooperative.  What are you waiting for?  It even has electricity.
Want more? Try here.  For even more electrical goodies, look here.
Here are some rural power lines.

nerdly_dood

Too bad my connection is almost fast enough for the hd version - the SD version isn't bad though, particularly the soundtrack :D

d-_-b
My days here are numbered. It's been great and I've had a lot of fun, but I've moved on to bigger and better things.
—   EGO  VOBIS  VADELICO   —
Glory be unto the modder and unto the fun and unto the city game!

j-dub

Its too bad the HD version takes so long to load. I don't seem to have that problem with other HD sites. Anyway, it looked like you were driving a stretch hummer. Where do you find those!? :o  And do you have multiple bus auttomata driving around?

deathtopumpkins

I'll try again giving the whole video time to load later. The problem was just that both versions would only play a second or two between 30 seconds or so of buffering.

Thanks.
NAM Team Member | 3RR Collaborater | Virgin Shores

bat

Your new video is really nice there! Wonderful city! :thumbsup:

CasperVg

Another wonderful video here, Haljackey. I can't wait for more.
Follow my SimCity 4 Let's play on YouTube