• Welcome to SC4 Devotion Forum Archives.

The Greater Terran Region

Started by Haljackey, December 28, 2007, 01:38:46 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Haljackey

Replies:

un1:  Why, thank you very much!

io_bg:  Hey, thanks a lot!  Glad you enjoyed it!

Heblem:  Thanks Heblem!  It means a lot coming from you!
-Yes, those lines are caused because I run SC4 at such a high resolution.  It only affects the region view, the cities themselves look and function properly.

Warrior:  Thanks!  Glad you enjoyed the big one!  100 more?  I'll do my best :P

deathtopumpkins:  The GTR is packed eh?  Glad you enjoyed it!
-Actually, those numbers were caused by a program called Fraps, which I use to take videos.  I used the numbering at the top to keep an order for the pictures.  I planned on putting far more pics into the big one, but I knew it would wreck some connections, so I chose the best ones to show.

metarvo:  Isn't it?  I am happy you enjoyed the big one!

Tarkus:  Well not all of em :P.  I am glad you enjoyed everything in the big one and I hope to see you back for the next one!

dedgren:  Great to see you back David!  Thanks so much for your reply, it means a lot!

Fresh Prince of SC4D:  Thank you very much!  I've had to earn my association with the NAM Team, and I do a lot more work than just using them for GTR updates :P.
-To be honest, I have no idea what those buildings are called, sorry!

Pat:  Thanks a lot!  Glad you enjoyed the video and the mosaic!

nerdly_dood:  I did?  Thank you very much!
-I don't call it "showing off", I am merely testing the components in certain environments :P

papab2000:  Thank you very much!  Glad you enjoyed the big one!

caspervg:  Thanks a lot!  Glad you enjoyed the the big one!

JoeST:  Isn't it?  Thanks a lot for your comment!
-100 more?  I'll try :P

Update Time!

Thanks so much for the amazing response to the big one everyone!  I am glad you enjoyed it! 

#101 will get back to the normal pace of the GTR, the standard 10 high-res pic updates. 

But don't worry, I have a "Supermosaic" planned.  More about that later...

Pictures
Click on the images for full resolution!  (1920x1200)

Making use of an existing corridor.  A new bullet train line added and a RHW widened.

Making use of the last remaining undeveloped land in Terran Settlement.

Preparing to extend an avenue to improve industrial connections.  Here is a before image of the end of the current extension.

And another before photo.  The interchange and some industrial development will have to be demolished to extend the avenue.

Avenue extended and interchange relocated.

And north of the highway towards its new terminus.  New zoning in this area will allow new development to grow.

One more industrial connection, a diagonal RHW offramp
-Don't worry about the road connection right now.  I am still figuring it out.  :P

Extending a new, semi-sunken railroad toward the western terminus of Terran Settlement.

The area finished and ready for development.

Finally, I'll leave you with Multi-RHW connection.

Anyways, that will do it for now.

In case you forgotten or didn't know, the GTR has been nominated for the "Best Urban Mayor's Dairy".  You still have one full day to vote!

Link:  http://sc4devotion.com/forums/index.php?topic=6276.0

Best,
-Haljackey

deathtopumpkins

A supermosaic? That sounds interesting...

I think pic #2's my favorite from this update. I love the smoothness of it. And that new avenue looks pretty cool, but that diagonal exit is amazing!  :o It's incredible how compact that is!

Great update, Hal!
NAM Team Member | 3RR Collaborater | Virgin Shores

nerdly_dood

Not bad! My preference for the diagonal exit ramp would be to transition it to a OWR, but that would take up more space and probably wouldn't fit where you have it - perhaps the ramp could be moved back to give room for it to intersect with the road rather than the avenue?

Good work with the semi-sunken railway too.
My days here are numbered. It's been great and I've had a lot of fun, but I've moved on to bigger and better things.
—   EGO  VOBIS  VADELICO   —
Glory be unto the modder and unto the fun and unto the city game!

Simpson

Super work on this new update my friend, the RHW is looking incredible as well  :'(   &apls
So I'm looking forward to the next update  ::)
My new city is now here
The région of Kaikoura

Teaser of Lopsas[+ How did I do it?]:Lopsas

flyinbird93

hey hey again haha, i just wanted to say thats awesome how you can cram that much stuff that close together and it all work so well.  &apls

Pat

Hey Hal great update here and I love those interchanges!!!

Don't forget the SC4D Podcast is back and live on Saturdays @ 12 noon CST!! -- The Podcast soon to Return Here Linkie

rooker1

Congratulations Hal, job well done.  ;)

Robin  &apls
Call me Robin, please.

Pat

Hey Hal congrats on your MD award a well deserved one at that!!!!

Don't forget the SC4D Podcast is back and live on Saturdays @ 12 noon CST!! -- The Podcast soon to Return Here Linkie

threeswept

CONGRATULATIONS ON YOUR AWARD!!!!! &apls &apls &apls &apls &apls

Lilojame

Hi! Congrats on winning the award!  &apls

And darn, your transportation looks awsome. :o

Visit my MD Rainbow Falls or check Rainbow Falls Out of the Box or maybe check on my bats&lots visiting Lilojame´s Corner or if you wish go to Lilojame´s Candidacies.

"Be thou the rainbow in the storms of life. The evening beam that smiles the clouds away, and tints tomorrow with prophetic ray."  (Byron, 1788-1824)

JBSimio

Congratulations, Haljackey!   &apls  While ultra dense and busy cities may not be my favorite thing (either in the game or in real life!), I can honestly say that you do an amazing job making them look good!  Well deserved, indeed.   :thumbsup:

JB

Never trust a god who grins all the time and wears a top hat, that's my motto.  -Terry Pratchett

It's from JBSimio.  Need we say more?  -BadgerBoy of SC4 Devotion

MandelSoft

I miss the champange!  $%Grinno$%

Congratulations, Haljackey :thumbsup:!

Best,
Maarten
Lurk mode: ACTIVE

metarvo

Congratulations on the well-deserved award, Hal.  The train station is superb, and the v. 3.0 RHW is also used very effectively.  The idea of a diagonal RHW ramp is quite thrilling, indeed.  It's no surprise that you have won this award, Hal.  Keep up the good work!

&apls
Find my power line BAT thread here.
Check out the Noro Cooperative.  What are you waiting for?  It even has electricity.
Want more? Try here.  For even more electrical goodies, look here.
Here are some rural power lines.

CasperVg

Follow my SimCity 4 Let's play on YouTube

Haljackey

Replies:

deathtopumpkins:  Yes indeed, I'm sure it will be...
-And that's in the industrial area!  Most of the network is that complicated and compact, but you don't see a lot of it because its covered by skyscrapers.
-It might be of interest for you to look here for some "buildings off" pics:  http://www.simtropolis.com/forum/messageview.cfm?catid=36&threadid=95625&STARTPAGE=5 and http://www.simtropolis.com/forum/messageview.cfm?catid=36&threadid=95625&STARTPAGE=6.

nerdly_dood:  Thank you!  I still haven't figured it out, but that might be the end-result.
-Glad you enjoyed the semi-sunken railroad!

Simpson:  Thank you very much!  Glad you like the RHW as always!

flyinbird93:  Hello :P.  Hey, thanks a lot!

Pat:  Thanks a lot Pat!  Its great to see you back!

rooker1:  Wow, its an honour to win this award, thank you so much!  With all the other great urban cities showcased here, I thought just being nominated for this was enough!  Thanks a ton!

Pat (2):  Thank you very much Pat!

threeswept:  Hey, thanks a lot!

Lilojame:  Thanks a lot!  Glad you like the transport system, its what I'm known for!

JBSimio:  Thank you very much!  What do you mean, not your favorite thing?  (The goal of SC4 is to turn your small village to a bustling metropolis!)  But, I guess we all have our own strongsuits.  I hope to see you back!

mrtnrln:  You can pop the cork if you want ;).  Thanks a lot for the congrats!

metarvo:  Hey, thanks a lot!  Glad you like the train station and the RHW!

caspervg:  Thanks Casper, its always nice to hear from ya!

flyinbird93 (2):  Thank you!  Glad you think it was well-deserved!

Update Time!

Due to the feedback I received from the mosaic I posted in the 100th update, I decided to try something different.

I present to you a "supermosaic" experiment!  I'm still new with mosaics, but I hope you like this one!

Supermosaic

Please be patient, the supermosaic is big, and may take some time to load.

As you can see, the global economic crisis is begining to hit the GTR.  Excellent financial safety nets cannot hold out forever :P.

But, since the GTR does not heavily rely on the manufacturing sector, and there are preventative measures in place, the GTR shouldn't suffer that much.  Only time will tell though...

In other news, the GTR has won some awards:

-Inducted into Phat's Hottest CJs Hall of Fame (#1 on the hot-list for 5 consecutive weeks).
-Awarded "Best Urban MD" on SC4D.
-Spotlighted on the SC4 Wiki.
-The ST staff has given me a new CML:  "Click for full resolution!", which is a pun I use to remind viewers to click on the images I post for full resolution.  I do this a lot in the GTR :P.

You guys are the greatest, thank you so much!

Best,
-Haljackey

bluesinjid

Wow what a HUGE mosiac! &apls Been lurking here haljackey on SC4Devetion. :-[ Again,really nice to see some parks in your chaotic region! ;D

Just another question... :-[ Can you tell me where you got that ''HSBC'' building near the end of your mosiac? ( It has a bluish window texture and has HSBC sign on it? )

deathtopumpkins

I just noticed the CML and was going to congratulate you on it!  :thumbsup: It fits you perfectly.  :P

Now that is a SUPERmosaic!  :o That thing is ginormous!

And thanks for the old "buildings off" pic links. Really a big difference with just the zones. Though it looks like some of the posts on those pages haven't been restored from the hack yet. Some posts are cut off.
NAM Team Member | 3RR Collaborater | Virgin Shores

un1

I'm scared... I have a feeling I might go blind I am looking at it too much.  %wrd
Its to amazing to say... Very nice work hal.  :o Congrats on the CML.

-un1

nerdly_dood

Not bad! And good luck recovering from the ... dare I say it?... recession!
My days here are numbered. It's been great and I've had a lot of fun, but I've moved on to bigger and better things.
—   EGO  VOBIS  VADELICO   —
Glory be unto the modder and unto the fun and unto the city game!