• Welcome to SC4 Devotion Forum Archives.

The Greater Terran Region

Started by Haljackey, December 28, 2007, 01:38:46 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

MandelSoft

Wohoo! A RHW-8 (looks like I have to make a new set of GTR signs that are compatible with v.21  ;))

Nice update!
Lurk mode: ACTIVE

Haljackey

Hello everyone,

No update today, sorry.  But I do have some good news for everyone who as ever asked about the bullet train mod that I use.

APTX has re-released it on his Japanese blog, and, as of yesterday, all bullet-train content can now be downloaded.

I have provided information about the bullet train mod including a direct download link to the mod itself on the SC4 Wiki Bullet Train article.  You can find it here.
http://www.wiki.sc4devotion.com/index.php/Bullet_Train_Mod

Enjoy!  Now you can build bullet train lines in your cities just like the GTR!

I may not have an update for the next little bit, but when I do I'll get back to all your wonderful comments.  I've been quite busy working on RHW 21, getting it ready for a public release.  Trust me when I say this, you're going to like it.
-It also doesn't help that I've been hooked playing Red Alert III since it came out.  Its a lot better than I thought!

Best,
-Haljackey

drjumbajookiba

nice job  &apls by the way how long have you been working GTR? ()what()
Live Out loud For God

Simpson

Really good update, Your RHW is just perfect  &apls
My new city is now here
The région of Kaikoura

Teaser of Lopsas[+ How did I do it?]:Lopsas

Haljackey

Replies:

JoeST:  Hey, thanks a lot!

sim-al2:  Nope, not there, but a few are to be included with the next RHW release.

Pat:  Thank you!  Its not just all play though, I've done a lot of work with these "toys".

art128:  As always, thanks a lot!

deathtopumpkins:  Thanks!  Glad you enjoyed it!
-Remember, I am just using an alpha build of the RHW.  OWR textures will be fixed and included in the full public release.

metarvo:  Hehe, thanks!

mrtnrln: Ha!  Glad you like the new RHW!  More signs?  You're nuts!  :P

drjumbajookiba:  Thank you!  I've been working on the GTR for a very long time, probably around 2 years. 

Simpson:  Why, thank you!  Glad you like the new RHW!

Update Time!

Sorry for the long hiatus everyone!  I've been quite busy with RL lately.
-I am also aware that my bandwidth on photobucket has exceeded.  I'm looking into how to fix that.  (This update shouldn't have bandwidth conflicts.)

I have a quite a large update in store for you to make up for my absence, and as a prelude to the GTR's biggest update!

And, I'll say this as well.  If you think this update is big, the next one will dwarf it.  I plan to show some very unique content in it that you have never seen before!

Pictures
Click on the images for full resolution!  (1920x1200)

A new, dense residential district.

Ferry terminal.  Ferry is not much of a transport option in the GTR, its more for commercial use.

Central interchange.

There's a lot of curved streets in this part of town, eh?

Old Vs. new.

A busy highway corridor.

New development:

Opps!  Left-hand drive turn lanes for right-hand drive roads?  I think I have a problem in my plugins :P
-As you can see, traffic has really congested due the lack of turn lanes.

The original entrance to the city.  As you can see, development has really swelled around it.

Seawalls in action!

Industrial area:

At the northern edge of the industrial area, important connections such as a partial y-interchange can be seen.  These connections are essential to reduce freight travel times and for inter-regional commuting.

Another industrial connection.  This RHW corridor has become quite busy during rush hour.

A city park.  To the lower-right of the image is the new RHW I showed in the last update.

Finally, I'll leave you with this picture.  This section of RHW has become quite congested, and enough room has been left by city planners to expand the highway if the time ever came.  It has.
-This reconstruction will be one of the many things I will be showing in the GTR's 100th update.  For now, use your imagination as to how I am going to remake it.

Anyways, I hope those were enough to satisfy you for now.

#100 is on its way!  It is going to be epic to say the least.

Best,
-Haljackey

Tarkus

Enough room, eh?  :D  I can't wait to see what you ultimately end up putting there.  Something entailing certain RHW Version 3.0 features, I'd imagine.  I'm glad to see you're having fun with the Alpha, too. ;)

The rest of the update looks great as well--I've always liked your high-tech areas in particular.  And I'm looking forward to see what comes along with the big 1-0-0. :thumbsup:

-Alex (Tarkus

Simpson

Hi my friend
THis is an excelent update as well
The last picture is my preferate with RHW :thumbsup:
My new city is now here
The région of Kaikoura

deathtopumpkins

If #99 was that big of an update, I can't wait to see #100!

Those are some nice residential BATs in that first picture, and I really like that one with all the construction... just another day in the GTR!  :D

I'm really liking those RHW textures... they fit right in in the GTR... can't wait to see what you do with that highway! Though it looks like the one in the pic above it needs to be upgraded too... (except for the fact that you can see the traffic generators!  :P )
NAM Team Member | 3RR Collaborater | Virgin Shores

Haljackey

Hello everyone,

RL has been hitting me a lot recently, and I apoligize for the long, antaginizing wait between updates with little response.

Trust me though, #100 will be worth the wait!  I have something special planned....

In the mean time though, I was recently looking through the GTR's videos Youtube and noticed that one video has stood out from the rest.  The video entitled "Sim City 4 UDI" has several times more views and ratings compared to all my other videos, over 10,000 views!  (Speaking of that, the GTR @ SC4D has recently received 10,000 views as well!)  The video made its "GTR" debut in the huge 50th update, which was unfortunately lost during the ST site hack back in May. 

So, I thought it would be a good time to post it once again before #100.  This should prep you a bit better, and you will see what the city of Terran Settlement looked like back then.  This video was one of my best works, and was my first available in high quality.  I hope you enjoy it once again!

This should passify you untill I have #100 ready  :P

A Youtube video box should appear below.  If you can't see it or are having problems, follow the link below it.  Oh, and make sure you turn up your speakers!

http://www.youtube.com/v/2pm_G6_-qBI

-For high quality, follow the link and select the "watch in high quality" tab to the lower right of the video box.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2pm_G6_-qBI&feature=PlayList&p=171E92A82C525152&index=8

Anyways, Thanks for all the comments!  I'll get back to you when I post #100.

All the best,
-Haljackey

Simpson

Excelent vidéo my friend, this is looking good  :thumbsup:
My new city is now here
The région of Kaikoura

art128

Haljackey, the last update is very great  &apls nice mix of buildings, great city  :thumbsup: and for the video, great work as always  :thumbsup:

Best,
Arthur
I'll take a quiet life... A handshake of carbon monoxide.

Props & Texture Catalog

Sheep49

Nice video, Hal! Even though I don't like the music very much (not my favourite genre $%Grinno$%), it is still really enjoyable to watch and to learn the construction of your trademark RHW's interchanges ;)

BTW, I don't know if you'd know that, but you can watch every video on YouTube in high quality. Just add &fmt=18 to the end of the page address. :)

Can't wait for the 100th update! I'm really determined to see it! :D

See you later
Piotr
Polish support forum - Cafe Poland * SC4Wiki! * My BATting thread

I am he, as you are he, as you are me and we are all together... - I Am The Walrus, The Beatles

MandelSoft

It has been a while since I stopped by here. Nice video, Hal!
Lurk mode: ACTIVE

sithlrd98

Sorry I missed the update Hal!!! I see you are making good use of APTXs' mod ! I never saw that video at ST.
Quote from: Haljackey on October 31, 2008, 02:34:51 PM
sithlrd98:  Hehe... Thanks!  So what do you think, the mayor not allowed to ride tanks like the rest of the sims or all sims able to drive tanks?  :P
I think that only the mayor should of course...especially when the blue hairs are on the road!

Jayson

Ryan B.

Hal, real nice stuff you've got going here.  I always enjoy reading this MD.

Thanks again for shoving me into the Best Sellers!   :thumbsup:

Earth quake

Excellent video and nice update Haljackey, this simply beautiful.

metarvo

I watched the video, and it is quite a thrill ride. :D  I look forward to the next one.
Find my power line BAT thread here.
Check out the Noro Cooperative.  What are you waiting for?  It even has electricity.
Want more? Try here.  For even more electrical goodies, look here.
Here are some rural power lines.

M4346

Your city looks really good! I wish I had the demand and capacity to build skyscrapers like that!

Well done!  ;D
New Horizons Productions
Berethor ♦ beskhu3epnm ♦ blade2k5 ♦ dedgren ♦ dmscopio ♦ Ennedi
emilin ♦ Heblem ♦ jplumbley ♦ moganite ♦ M4346 ♦ papab2000
Shadow Assassin ♦ Tarkus ♦ wouanagaine

Haljackey

Quote from: Sheep49 on November 14, 2008, 10:54:37 AM
BTW, I don't know if you'd know that, but you can watch every video on YouTube in high quality. Just add &fmt=18 to the end of the page address. :)

Can't wait for the 100th update! I'm really determined to see it! :D

Heh!  I never knew about that Youtube trick.  Does that work when embedding videos as well? (such as posting them on SC4D)

Sorry for the delay on 100 everyone!  Other than RL like we all have, I've been working on some other things *cough! cough! RHW 3.0* but rest assured its coming.

Besides, I'm trying to make something special for #100, and its taking a little more time than I thought.  Rest assured, it will be worth the wait.

In other news, the GTR has been nominated for the "Best Urban Mayor's Dairy" in the SC4 Devotion Mayors Dairy Awards!  A big thanks goes out to whoever nominated me!

You can vote for this categoty here:
http://sc4devotion.com/forums/index.php?topic=6276.0
(The contest closes at the end of November, so you have until then to vote.)

And recently, the GTR has surpassed 1,500 comments and 30,000 views @ ST!  That's insane!  Thanks for the amazing support everyone, both here and @ ST!   :thumbsup:

Best,
-Haljackey

Haljackey

I'm not going to lie to you...

One of the main reasons for the delay of #100 is that SC4 kept crashing on me and I didn't know why.  It turns out that I had a conflicting plugin that denied cities from loading.  I have recently found and corrected the problem, and finishing my preparation. 

It won't be long now!  Tickets to the big update are on sale now!  Get'em before they're gone!

Best,
-Haljackey