• Welcome to SC4 Devotion Forum Archives.

The Greater Terran Region

Started by Haljackey, December 28, 2007, 01:38:46 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Haljackey

Hello everyone, No update today, but I did want to get back to you about the Bullet Train Download.

APTX (the creator of the network) has stated that his Japanese site will go back online in October 2008.  Source:  http://sc4devotion.com/forums/index.php?topic=361.msg173377#msg173377

Lets hope he keeps his word.  This should be good news for all those who have asked about the network here or PMed me in the past about it.  I literally get a dozen requests or more about it every week, no joke!

Anyways I just wanted to let you know that its coming back!  It doesn't affect me because I already have it :P.

I plan to post a new update here tomorrow, just a heads up!

Best,
-Haljackey

art128

good news for the APTX's website  ;) thanks !
and I can't wait the update  ;D
I'll take a quiet life... A handshake of carbon monoxide.

Props & Texture Catalog

papab2000

Wow, your road work is amazing! I wish I could get mine as well as you have done yours. I keep working on it so maybe someday I will perfect it.  &Thk/(

Berethor ♦ beskhu3epnm ♦ blade2k5 ♦ dmscopio ♦ dedgren
♦ Emilin ♦ Ennedi ♦ Heblem ♦ jplumbley ♦ moganite ♦ M4346 ♦
papab2000 ♦ Shadow Assassin ♦ Tarkus ♦ wouanagaine
Visit my mapping thread: linkie
Post pic's of your NHP Mapped Regions linkie

Haljackey

Replies:

dsrwhat316:  Thanks!  Glad you like the SEV building and the cobb towers!

deathtopumpkins:  Thanks!  Yes, the area has recovered thanks to the station!

metarvo:  Wow, thanks a lot!  Yes I did say that, so you'll see it in this update!

Simpson:  Why, thank you!  Glad you like pic 2!  Its cool, eh?

art128:  Thank you very much!

nerdly_dood:  Great to see you back here!  Glad you like the old pics!

caspervg:  Ya, I like City Hall too.  Although it does look a little weird not being as tall as the others... Thanks for your comments!

Haljackey:  Thanks for informing us about the bullet train mod :P

art128 (2):  Hehe, thanks!

papab2000:  Hey, thanks a lot!  Glad you like the road system!

Update Time!

What happens when the sun goes down?  This update! :P

Also, my Photobucket account is nearing capacity, so stop looking at my photos! :P
-This update was made with a new account, so look at this update all you want!  :D

Picture Information:

NOTICE:  Please Read!

Before I post some pictures of my cities, please know that I strive for the best quality of my images possible.  Every picture from here on-in is not photoshopped in any way, and is taken directly from the game to show you exactly what I see in the game.  The only editing done is converting the .PNG file to .JPEG.

***IMPORTANT***    Also, please know that my pictures are COMPRESSED, and are NOT RESIZED! When you resize a picture, a ton of the image's quality is lost, and is shrunk to comply with SC4D's picture size limits (800x600 STRONGLY recommended for MD's).  Compressing the image retains the quality, but looks terrible when squeezed to comply with site limits.

But, I have found a loophole in this problem.  Each compressed picture displayed will be linked to the actual uncompressed, true image.  All you have to do to view the image in its FULL RESOLUTION (1920x1200) is to simply click on the compressed image displayed in this Mayor's Diary (800x500).  The reason that the images are not 800x600 is because I present my pictures in widescreen (16:10 aspect ratio), making the image much more appealing for the human eye's stereoscopic vision.

If you have any questions or comments about how I display my images, feel free to post a reply.

Pictures
Click on the images for full resolution!  (1920x1200)

The downtown core overlooking the highway interchange:

Residential area (I like this photo a lot!)

Riverfront:

Northern CBD:

Cosmopolitan.

Industrial borderline.  Note how much darker the right side is.

I always like the twin towers lit up at night! 

Movie theatre close up.  Neat, eh?

Tower tops.

Overlooking the RHW.  I think this night shot is one of the most unique I have ever made!

Well, thats 10 images.  I really hope you enjoyed the night showcase!

Best,
-Haljackey

Simpson

Wow  :o
I thin it'ss your best update  ;) the night shot are super and very réalistic
I love this update very much. And also your city is looking super  &apls
My new city is now here
The région of Kaikoura

Teaser of Lopsas[+ How did I do it?]:Lopsas

Sheep49

Night photos are what you're the best in! This update have proven it!

The only photo I don't really like is the 2nd one. Too many repeated buildings just don't make it to me :(

Anyway, keep up the great work!
Piotr
Polish support forum - Cafe Poland * SC4Wiki! * My BATting thread

I am he, as you are he, as you are me and we are all together... - I Am The Walrus, The Beatles

MandelSoft

I like the night pics!  Absolutely fabulous!  &apls
Lurk mode: ACTIVE

deathtopumpkins

Pretty night shots!
I really love that last one with the RHW too... And the third one's really good too.
NAM Team Member | 3RR Collaborater | Virgin Shores

Pat

Hal I am surprised I haven't been in here before!!! I know I had followed along over yonder but not here, bad me...  Anywho I love those night shots of the CBD!!!

Don't forget the SC4D Podcast is back and live on Saturdays @ 12 noon CST!! -- The Podcast soon to Return Here Linkie

metarvo

Beautiful.  Just beautiful.  Your night shots are to die for! :thumbsup:
Find my power line BAT thread here.
Check out the Noro Cooperative.  What are you waiting for?  It even has electricity.
Want more? Try here.  For even more electrical goodies, look here.
Here are some rural power lines.

JoeST

That there is some pretty epic night-lightery :D

Joe
Copperminds and Cuddleswarms

Tarkus

Now those are some fantastic night shots!  That last one is indeed a very striking shot--I love how you used those light towers there.  And those highways, as usual, are looking epic.  As are the other transport networks there!

Looking forward to the next installment of GTR . . .  :thumbsup:

-Alex (Tarkus)

papab2000

Berethor ♦ beskhu3epnm ♦ blade2k5 ♦ dmscopio ♦ dedgren
♦ Emilin ♦ Ennedi ♦ Heblem ♦ jplumbley ♦ moganite ♦ M4346 ♦
papab2000 ♦ Shadow Assassin ♦ Tarkus ♦ wouanagaine
Visit my mapping thread: linkie
Post pic's of your NHP Mapped Regions linkie

art128

another excellent update Haljackey &apls &apls
I'll take a quiet life... A handshake of carbon monoxide.

Props & Texture Catalog

nova vesfalo

The nigh shoots are beautifulll, and the daylight pone alo, love the complex transportation system, it's amazing !

Have lil'question, where did you find the city hall (http://i267.photobucket.com/albums/ii281/haljackey/TerranSettlement-Nov22551221797577.jpg)

nerdly_dood

I really am a sucker for night shots ;D Not bad! Quite the Haljackiferous flavor of an update - but with some
Quote from: JoeST on September 21, 2008, 12:08:20 PMnight-lightery
that really sets this update apart!
My days here are numbered. It's been great and I've had a lot of fun, but I've moved on to bigger and better things.
—   EGO  VOBIS  VADELICO   —
Glory be unto the modder and unto the fun and unto the city game!

Xyloxadoria

Looking good. I really like your downtown areas

Haljackey

Replies:

Simpson:  My best update??? Thanks a lot!

Sheep49:  Thanks!  I understand completely about the repetition.  Maybe I should download some more residential buildings eh?

mrtnrln:  Thank you very much!

Pat:  Welcome!  I am glad you enjoyed this update and I hope to see you come back!

metarvo:  Wow, thanks a ton!

JoeST:  Hey, thanks a lot!

Tarkus:  Great to see you back!  Glad you enjoyed the updates!

papab2000:  Thanks! Glad you like them!

art128:  Hehe, thanks!

nova vesfalo:  Thanks a lot!
-You can find that city hall here:  http://www.simtropolis.com/stex/index.cfm?id=19690

nerdly_dood:  Haljackiferous?  Did you invent a new word?  Thanks for the comment!

Xyloxadoria:  Thank you so much!  Great to see you here!

Update Time!

This update, along with the next one, will show developments in Witburg (the city with the huge mass-transit station).

Pictures
Click on the images for full resolution!  (1920x1200)

Due to the high amounts of mass transit lines in the city and few areas left to link them, a lot of GLR-in avenue networks are being constructed.  This should also benefit locals because they now have direct links to the main stations.

A large bullet train junction should help handle the high volumes around the city.  It kinda looks like a cloverleaf interchange, doesn't it?

A new interchange has been built at an awkward angle in the outskirts of town.

New residential towers looking over the vast amounts of park in the city.

A close up of a highway interchange.  This was, at one point, the edge of the city.  Now its surrounded by highrises!

All three mass-transit trains shown at the same time.  I waited quite a while to get them all to appear on the screen before I took a picture.

GLR heading to the avenues from the main station.

Mature towers near the main highway interchange.

A fork in the road.

Finally, a picture centered around my first FAR used.  Note the GLR-in ave, the long trains using them, parks, and the new stadium.

That does it for part 1.  I hope you enjoyed it!

Best,
-Haljackey

Fatsuhono

Wow Haljackey I like this new update, and great HSRP interchange, and the Altuditu tower fits in really well in your city, I like it. :thumbsup:

Tarkus

Hal, another fantastic update here!  That's quite the GLR-in-Avenue system you've built there, and it looks great.  Those interchanges there are very creative as always.  You really handled the awkward angles there very well--that's a design I wouldn't have thought of, but it makes a lot of sense.   I got a kick out of the Bullet Train cloverleaf, too.  You've always got some creative transportation solutions here. 

-Alex (Tarkus)