• Welcome to SC4 Devotion Forum Archives.

The Greater Terran Region

Started by Haljackey, December 28, 2007, 01:38:46 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Fresh Prince of SC4D

Hey Haljackey!

The Fresh Prince has expand his dominion! The Fresh Prince of Wmbg at Simtroplois is now the Fresh Prince of SC4D!   ;D

Anyways the new update looks great. Glad to see your CJ is highly rated. Hope to see more!
Returning from Call of Duty . Must rebuilt what I destroyed....

szymcar

Completely quite well for you building a road is working. It is a pity that in my country this way it isn't. I wish your region a fast growth!

Cheers szymcar :D

bat

Nice new update there! Looking forward to more...

CasperVg

I feel a bit lonely here now, with my only vote (on SC4D) for Site B.
Update looks great, I like the Y-junctions aswell
Follow my SimCity 4 Let's play on YouTube

pagenotfound

Im back baby! Everybody do the Bendah!

dedgren

I'll add my congrats to GTR achieving Best Seller status, Hal- It's well deserved and reflects the hard work and imagination so abundantly on display here.

I'll be watching for progress on that interchange- GTRDOT always has something new up its sleeve.

David
D. Edgren

Please call me David...

Three Rivers Region- A collaborative development of the SC4 community
The 3RR Quick Finder [linkie]

I aten't dead.  —  R.I.P. Granny Weatherwax

Haljackey

Replies:

deathtopumpkins:  Yes, well I have not shown too many open areas in The GTR yet.  I will some more as expansion continues.  Glad you like the ongoing bullet train/highway construction!

Fresh Prince of SC4D:  Great to see you here!  Thanks for the comment!

szymcar:  Thanks!  If infrastructure was planned before development, many of the world's major cities would have less gridlock and maintenanceproblems.  Its always a good idea to plan ahead!

bat:  Hey, thanks a lot!

caspervg:  But you voted for site C, not B!   ::)  Glad you enjoyed the update!

pagenotfound:  Wow, thanks a ton!

dedgren: Thank you very much for your comment!  Yep, I graduated to Best-sellers, and its all thanks to you guys! &scl() 
-GTRDOT?  No such thing here.  Lets call the transportation division, say  "The Greater Terran Ministry of Transportation" (GTMT).  That was just something I made up right there.   :P

Update Time!

I have another video to show!  So grab grab a chair, pop that corn and enjoy!

Following the success of the UDI videos I have posted before, this one is set in The GTR's downtown core and takes a ride on a wide Multi-RHW.

A Youtube video box should appear below.  If you can't see it or are having problems, follow the link below it.  Make sure you turn up your speakers!

http://www.youtube.com/v/3yyT9v24hbw
-For high quality, follow the link and select the "watch in high quality" tab to the lower right of the video box.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3yyT9v24hbw

I hope you enjoy it!

Best,
-Haljackey

CasperVg

Very nice video, I especially liked the part in which you drive on the very busy highway (thanks to generator lots  :P).

deathtopumpkins

Another great video. I once again like the background music, and it really is cool to see the GTR in motion.  :thumbsup:

What buses do you use? I noticed at 2:04 that the bus you crashed into looked really cool.  :P :D

And how do you manage to not run over everybody else? I can't drive the same speed as other cars. I've even tried programming the controls into a joystick and a D pad, but I still run everybody over. On that highway I would have exploded in about 30 seconds...  $%Grinno$%
NAM Team Member | 3RR Collaborater | Virgin Shores

bat

Great work there on that video, Hal! Looks wonderful!

Looking forward to more... ;)

JoeST

Copperminds and Cuddleswarms

Haljackey

Replies:

caspervg:  Thanks!  Glad you like the drive on the Multi-RHW.  I feel that adding a few generating lots on the highway give it a more realistic traffic flow for a city this size. 

deathtopumpkins:  You like the background music again?  Great! 
-I use multiple bus skins. Unlike other network types, you can add as many bus skins as you like and they will appear at random!
-Thats funny to hear about your UDI story.  Did you pass your UDIer's test???   $%Grinno$%

bat:  Hey, thanks a lot!
-If more is what you want, its more you shall get!

JoeST:  Thanks!  Glad you liked the past few updates!

Update Time!

Getting away from the questions and videos, its time for a classic update!   ;)

This update (The GTR's 71st if you are keeping track), will feature recent development in Terran Settlement as well as a few other snapshots.  I hope you like it!   :D

Pictures
Click the images for full resolution! (1920x1200.) See my picture information section on the first update of this page for more info.

A new skyscraper is being constructed where the one-way roads form an avenue at the roundabout.

Extensive use of NAM curves will enhance the look at this new area of town.

A zoom-out of the last photo a few weeks later:

More development around the museum.

This Multi-RHW, seen here during the beginning of rush hour, appears to be handling its volumes with no trouble at all.

Crossing the sunken highway also means going from a commercial district to a residential neighbourhood.

A new "weave lane" has been constructed on this short stretch of RHW to help handle RIRO (right in, right out) traffic.

The skyline is stretching all the way to the RHW junction.

A more centralized shot of the last photo overlooking the sunken highway.

A busy bridge:

Well, thats 10 photos.  I hope they satisfy your craving until next time!

Best,
-Haljackey

deathtopumpkins

So which ones do you use? I want them.
Ummm... what UDI test?  :D

Wow. As usual, great new skyscrapers, and excellent NAM wide radius curve usage. And nice RHW and even FHW shots.
Those are some TALL buildings in that last shot.
NAM Team Member | 3RR Collaborater | Virgin Shores

bat

These 10 pictures are looking all very great!
And looking forward to the next update...

CasperVg

Thanks for giving the RIRO-commuters what they wanted and the busy bridge looks spectacular  :thumbsup:

Haljackey

Replies:

deathtopumpkins:  Well I use at least a dozen bus skins.  You can download most of them here:
http://www.simtropolis.com/stex/index.cfm?page=1&p=results
-Also, thanks for your comments!

bat:  Great!  Glad you liked them!

caspervg:  Hey, thanks a lot!  Glad you liked the RIRO and the bridge!

Update Time!

This update will sort of be a continuation of the last one, showcasing some areas and development in Terran Settlement.
-But don't worry, I haven't forgotten about the airport and the interchange!  I am still planning those!

Pictures
Click on the images for full resolution!  (1920x1200)

Looking south from the last update's bridge photo, a large parclo interchange connects the RHW with sufrace streets.

This ground/elevated/sunken highway interchange is becoming busier and busier as the area around it develops.  It took me forever to get the junction to look properly due to the sunken, ground, and elevated highways that connect with this.

A look at a new section of the city.  Aside from the brown tenantments, this is a pristine area.

A look at the new large intersection, now open to traffic.

The new skyscraper is nearly finished, and there has been more growth around it.

This will be the next area to be developed.  Roads and additional infrastructure are in place.  All thats left is zoning, civic structures (parks, fire station, etc), and time needed for development.

Sea wall construction has also begun in the city to help prevent ongoing erosion.

Section 1.  Before:

Section 1. After:

Section 2.  Before:

Section 2.  After:

I am still a little new with using seawalls, as you can tell from the pictures.  More and more seawalls will be constructed in the city to help improve the coastlines and riverfront.

I hope you enjoyed this update!

Best,
-Haljackey

CasperVg

Looks nice, I hope the new seawalls will make GTR last for much longer. Seems like your regional high-speed rail systems are successful as well  :thumbsup:

Simpson

Incredible RHW &apls
I love the city with buildings  :thumbsup:

My new city is now here
The région of Kaikoura

Teaser of Lopsas[+ How did I do it?]:Lopsas

Patricius Maximus

Great work as always.

One question  %%Order?/: Where did you get those blue signs for that large intersection?

XoX

That's really good  &apls, but just a little more personnal creativity maybe better...  :thumbsup:
C'est dans les ténèbres que l'on voit la lumière...et dans la lumière que l'on voit les ténèbres...

http://sc4devotion.com/forums/index.php?topic=5339.40