• Welcome to SC4 Devotion Forum Archives.

FLexible UnderPasses (FLUPs)

Started by Chrisim, December 25, 2008, 04:15:33 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Wthrwyz

Dexter's models are indeed very sharp and I too would love to get my hands on them, but the team has already stated that they want to try something new with them. Like most "new" things, I'm sure we will see them when we see them, and not a moment sooner. :)
Wthrwyz: It's "weather wise." You see, it has to fit on a license plate...
Oh, just call me Nathan.

roadgeek

Quote from: Wthrwyz on January 20, 2014, 02:45:17 PM
Dexter's models are indeed very sharp and I too would love to get my hands on them, but the team has already stated that they want to try something new with them. Like most "new" things, I'm sure we will see them when we see them, and not a moment sooner. :)

I think he was just trying to ping the group.

roadgeek

Tarkus

No, and there's no need to bump a thread that's been dormant for 15 months to say that.  There is no FLUPs development occurring and the project remains on indefinite hiatus.

If anyone has technical support questions about FLUPs, come on in.  Otherwise, further complaints about the absence of certain features will lead to the thread being locked, just like the NWM thread was for a year or two.

-Alex

Wiimeiser

Problem: FLUPs under OWR can only be placed on East-West OWR and not North-South OWR. Haven't tested other networks yet. Only appears to be affecting me thus far...
Pink horse, pink horse, she rides across the nation...

Tarkus

Confirmed--and as those FLUPs haven't been touched since their addition to the NAM almost 7 years ago, this one's probably escaped detection since NAM 24.  It isn't affecting its neighbors, the Road and Street pieces.  My guess is that there's something wrong with the rotations in the RUL0 entry.

-Alex

Tarkus

Double posting here.  The previously reported issue is not actually an issue, but rather, simply a quirk of RUL0--the entries in a given RotationRing must all be of the same length, or else weird jumping effects occur.  There were twice as many options that needed to be covered with the OWR situation, due to the unidirectionality of the network, so the full range of the piece had to be split between two TAB entries. Hit TAB again and you'll get the North-South orientation.

-Alex

noahclem

Apologies if I'm missing something obvious but I've been looking for how to handle the custom flup textures for a while and haven't figured it out. Could anyone let me know how to insert a custom texture in the available spots? Thanks :)

mgb204

Find the SFBT Custom Flups mod would be one way. All the IDs are there, but it's simply a case of using the right IDs for textures to make a NAM override. You can optionally T21 things on them also, for example this is how the PEG Streams were added as part of that mod.

If you get really stuck, I'll dig out the repositories I had recently compiled for you. But I don't have direct access to the HDD that's on right now. I've about 3 PCs in bits right now from all my futile attempts at fixing my main rig. But I can hook the drives from that into my backup PC via USB if necessary.

noahclem

Thanks man, didn't occur to me they could be in the repositories you sent. I downloaded the SFBT mod but then saw the T21 stuff and thought it was implemented in that way and so wouldn't work the way I was expecting. Should be able to figure it out now.

mgb204

Bear in mind there is one key limitation for these FLUPs. They only support an Ortho FLUPs crossing. So say you want the custom texture going from East to West, the FLUPs part would only work from North to South or vice versa. If you need greater flexibility, then you'd need to get into making new puzzle pieces and the code behind it to make it work. I believe, having managed to create some new starters to get SAM11 working, I could probably help you with that. Although I've not actually made the RUL code that's needed to include such pieces in the tab-rings, I'm reasonably confident I could.

As for the repositories I speak of. I have vastly more of them than those I've released. But these particular textures are not covered by the publicly released ones.